+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 491 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Celts, cHeat... what's the difference?

Actually I do like and have liked Paul Pierce and am glad he won a Championship...but outside that, yeah bleep Beantown...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    you are one delusional individual. the way the knicks are playing this year actually proves nearly every point that i made about last year. you argued with me that the knicks underachieved and i pointed out specific logical reasons why. you ****ted on carmelo all year long and ignored the fact that the knicks had boat load of adversity.

do i need to requote myself or should i just go off the top of my head? let's see....

dantoni is a horrible coach that is reliant on elite level point guard play. the knicks had tony douglas and mike bibby as their point guards to start the year.

the lockout and no training camp hurt the knicks more than most other teams because the roster was completely different than the year before. plus dantoni was constantly changing the rotations due to all the injuries plus simply trying to figure out what worked.. the roster completely changed when the knicks traded for melo, and then again completely changed in the offseason when they acquired chandler among others and let billups and others go. the lockout led to teams having little to no practice time to get better.

melo was hurt for a good portion of the year. he was also surrounded by a cast of scrubs for the most part. JR smith came over mid season, lin and novak emerged when melo and stat were hurt, stat's brother died in a car accident. the list goes on and on.

i said multiple times coming into this season, that this year would be the true defining season to see if this knicks team can be legit contenders. the reasons were simple. the knicks signed some good point guards in kidd, felton and pablo... as well as other good pickups like brewer, camby, rasheed, etc. the knicks finally had a full training camp and preseason with the roster in tact, but most importantly they finally had a competent coach that knew how to play to his players strengths.

the second woodson took over as coach you could see the difference, he is a good coach that holds his players accountable.

sorry if i seem like i'm attacking you but i saw you in essence say that how well the knicks are playing this year proves that you were right about them being a disappointment last year under completely different circumstances, which is nonsense. i forgot to even mention fields lol. the knicks backcourt for the early part of the season was douglas/bibby and fields/shumpert. you're not winning many games with that backcourt regardless of who you have up front.

i feel great about the fact that i defended carmelo and stood by him and stated several times that i was not worried about him at all going into this year. meanwhile haters such as yourself criticized him every chance you got and wanted to blow up the team and start over and rebuild through the draft. thankfully our GM isn't as irrational as some of the so called fans out there. i've seen a few of your posts bashing eli too so i guess you just get off on putting down the far and away best players on your favorite teams.
    Your crazy! Melo is 2nd in the league in scoring, shooting lights out, and is 1000000times the player he was with us before, and hes been injured just like last yr, on and off.. If he was doing bad, u would again point to the injuries, and u have no idea what he feels like, by the way.. As far as u know, the seprate injuries hes dealt with this yr are still bothering him as well..

Melo arrived with about 15-20games to go last yr and has been the player we traded for ever since.. Were doing this with Amare missing a ton of time, Shump missing a ton of time, and Camby missing time, and Wallace missing time, and Felton missing time..etc This team is not underachieving anymore, and there even more deep, which is good.. THey are finally playing how we expected the last several seasons...

ANd good for you, if u "stuck by melo" as u said.. I only care about him as far as he does for my team and no other reason.. If hes not living up to expectations, i'm gonna use a Knicks thread to speak about it.. Seeing how it is the knicks thread..

No one in the world would of signed up for a 1st rd exit last yr.. Thats just ridiculous, and a super underachieving season..

knicks not shooting 2 well in this celts game so far.. I hope Novak gets it going.. As i stated a couple wk's ago, we have a fantastic record when he scores double digits...

God I hate Garnett almost as much as hated Reggie Miller...

this feels like a playoff game.. I love this Knicks team..

Dang man, how did Pierce make that shot on CHandler at end? Freaking 1second on shot clock and he has to heave up a long jumper with Chandlers hand in his face and gets kinda awkward release and buries it! Bull!

Defense again was the issue tonight... Thank god we had taht 2game win strk, because its been win one/lose one for awhile now...

hate you Pierce.. I hate your face..!!

didn't see the game, only highlights on NBATV...sucks.

while you guys watched the Knicks lose I get o watch ND get their *** es ripped to pieces by F'N Bama...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Your crazy! Melo is 2nd in the league in scoring, shooting lights out, and is 1000000times the player he was with us before, and hes been injured just like last yr, on and off.. If he was doing bad, u would again point to the injuries, and u have no idea what he feels like, by the way.. As far as u know, the seprate injuries hes dealt with this yr are still bothering him as well..

Melo arrived with about 15-20games to go last yr and has been the player we traded for ever since.. Were doing this with Amare missing a ton of time, Shump missing a ton of time, and Camby missing time, and Wallace missing time, and Felton missing time..etc This team is not underachieving anymore, and there even more deep, which is good.. THey are finally playing how we expected the last several seasons...

ANd good for you, if u "stuck by melo" as u said.. I only care about him as far as he does for my team and no other reason.. If hes not living up to expectations, i'm gonna use a Knicks thread to speak about it.. Seeing how it is the knicks thread..

No one in the world would of signed up for a 1st rd exit last yr.. Thats just ridiculous, and a super underachieving season..
    oh dear why do i even bother... melo had surgery on his elbow coming into last year, off a lockout and got injured early in the season. he dealt with injuries to his shooting hand or wrist from what i recall and then a groin injury. he's had no major injuries like that this year... just a rolled ankle and a slightly hyper extended knee.

as far as "doing it despite injuries" this year is nonsense. the knicks started the season healthy other than amare, shump and camby. they started 8-1 and have gone 15-10 since, 5-5 in the last 10 games since the injuries started to mount. the big difference between this season and last i've already explained to you. the obvious one is melo playing much better... which is mainly due to him being healthy, the coach knowing how to run the offense through him, and having good PG play. the knicks swapped out tony douglas and mike bibby with felton and kidd. that is a huge upgrade. plus he played in the olympics so he stayed active and in shape coming into the season.

you always refer to the first round exit as if it defines the success of the season. the knicks played the heat in the first round due to their horrible record under dantoni in this first half of the season. the knicks are like 41-17 under woodson going back to last year. the knicks had less than ideal circumstances going into the playoffs both years with melo. against the celtics billups blows his knee out at the end of game 1. before game 2 stat hurts his back so it was essentially the new york melo against the celtics. against the heat lin was injured, chandler had the flu, then shump and baron blow their knees out. yet the knicks won the same amount of games as the thunder did against them.

"they are finally playing the way we expected the past several seasons" several seasons? wtf? several implies more than 3 dude. any time under dantoni does not even count because the guy is a fraud of a coach. he tried to use stat and melo as spot up 3 point shooters to space the floor with tony douglas and mike bibby running high pick n roll with chandler lol the guy refuses to adapt or evolve to fit his personnel which is why he's failing miserably as the lakers coach as well.

maybe you expected the knicks to be a force after they essentially cut their only decent guard to acquire chandler but i guess you don't know anything about dantoni. i think dantoni would have been let go prior to even last year but since there was a lockout they just stuck with him and hired woodson as an assistant, knowing he would likely take over eventually. i expected the knicks to do much better than they did last season (i figured 3rd to 5th seed) but all the adversity they faced while under an incompetent coach, it was understandable to me.

like i said going into this season, this will be the VERY FIRST season they have had an actual off season, training camp, and preseason together. even then there were some pretty major roster changes so it's impressive that woodson has gotten everyone to play so well together.

do you know what a set play is? do you know that dantoni did not believe in, and did not run set plays?
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 01-08-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Last edited by giantyankee1976; 01-09-2013 at 09:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread