+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 491 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Knicks are a freaking joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Down 20plus in the 1st half..lol THere isnt a team in the NBA who the bulls would be up this much on this early outside of the Knicks.. looks like they got us excited again for nothing... So sick of players bricking wideopen shots and playing embaressing defense!

I'm taking a break from this team.. They give me a headache way to often nowadays...

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    oh dear why do i even bother... melo had surgery on his elbow coming into last year, off a lockout and got injured early in the season. he dealt with injuries to his shooting hand or wrist from what i recall and then a groin injury. he's had no major injuries like that this year... just a rolled ankle and a slightly hyper extended knee.

as far as "doing it despite injuries" this year is nonsense. the knicks started the season healthy other than amare, shump and camby. they started 8-1 and have gone 15-10 since, 5-5 in the last 10 games since the injuries started to mount. the big difference between this season and last i've already explained to you. the obvious one is melo playing much better... which is mainly due to him being healthy, the coach knowing how to run the offense through him, and having good PG play. the knicks swapped out tony douglas and mike bibby with felton and kidd. that is a huge upgrade. plus he played in the olympics so he stayed active and in shape coming into the season.

you always refer to the first round exit as if it defines the success of the season. the knicks played the heat in the first round due to their horrible record under dantoni in this first half of the season. the knicks are like 41-17 under woodson going back to last year. the knicks had less than ideal circumstances going into the playoffs both years with melo. against the celtics billups blows his knee out at the end of game 1. before game 2 stat hurts his back so it was essentially the new york melo against the celtics. against the heat lin was injured, chandler had the flu, then shump and baron blow their knees out. yet the knicks won the same amount of games as the thunder did against them.

"they are finally playing the way we expected the past several seasons" several seasons? wtf? several implies more than 3 dude. any time under dantoni does not even count because the guy is a fraud of a coach. he tried to use stat and melo as spot up 3 point shooters to space the floor with tony douglas and mike bibby running high pick n roll with chandler lol the guy refuses to adapt or evolve to fit his personnel which is why he's failing miserably as the lakers coach as well.

maybe you expected the knicks to be a force after they essentially cut their only decent guard to acquire chandler but i guess you don't know anything about dantoni. i think dantoni would have been let go prior to even last year but since there was a lockout they just stuck with him and hired woodson as an assistant, knowing he would likely take over eventually. i expected the knicks to do much better than they did last season (i figured 3rd to 5th seed) but all the adversity they faced while under an incompetent coach, it was understandable to me.

like i said going into this season, this will be the VERY FIRST season they have had an actual off season, training camp, and preseason together. even then there were some pretty major roster changes so it's impressive that woodson has gotten everyone to play so well together.

do you know what a set play is? do you know that dantoni did not believe in, and did not run set plays?
    They started healthy other then Shumpert, Camby, and Amare??LOL Ur a idiot! I litteraly don't have to read anymore after that.. "oh we only had 2starters and our main big injured off the bench"..lol Ya no biggie!!!Lol Everyone expected more from the knicks last yr, except you.. The knicks are playing like cr-ap again this yr, starting to underachieve.. Wait, ur probably gonna bring up injuries now, right??lol Pfft!

Several seasons means 3seasons in my book.. I'm sorry u need to see more, but 3seasons and 1single playoff game win is ridiculous.. Hence why we fired a Coach, becuase obviously we expected more outta that team.. Mike Woodson seemed to of turned us around, but if u haven't noticed, were playing like Cr-ap again.. Of course its early on in the season still, and we can turn it around again, but its pretty much the same exact issues as have shown the past few yrs...
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 01-11-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Wow, Carlos Boozer just took the ball from half court on a fast break and scored on Kidd and Melo with a And 1..lol U have got to be kidding me!!!lol This is funny as a h-ell!!!

Knicks losing by 20plus to the freaking bulls at home at half..lol Seriously, this team is Bi-polar!

OMFG this **** is embarassing

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    OMFG this **** is embarassing
    Disgraceful! Like i said, there isn't a team in the NBA that Chicago does this 2, in there house or on the RD.. They completely made us look like infants going against real men.. This was the one thing i had way in the back of my head to worry about, but i thought they'd be ok, and i was being paranoid so i kept it in the back of my head, and that is, a Melo lead team, thinking they accomplished something and getting back to what is there nature, which is lazy defense, and a whole bunch of one on one, no ball movement on offense.. Amare and Melo are the worst marriage in sports.. Why do the knicks always have the toughest time with stars, and finding 2 that can play together is beyond me?

Banned
    This game is a great reminder of why I stopped watching the Knicks a long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    This game is a great reminder of why I stopped watching the Knicks a long time ago
    Ya, they love pulling u in, only to freaking rip ur heart out as u watch there true colors show... I've been a fan since about 1990, and i said if they don't impress this yr, i[m taking a break.. They raise ticket prices before they proove anything, and they show u what there capable of, and then throw up dud after dud after that.. I'm done being toyed with! This franchise makes me sick!

been a fan since the late 80s...this is all I know. the 90s were so hard for me because that's when I moved to Chicago (not my choice)

Those Bulls runs? Reggie Miller? The Heat in the late 90s? The Rockets swooping in our glory?

It's harsh but maybe, maybe Amar'e and Melo just cannot occupy the same area. Seems stupid to say and it is and yet...

to be fair Thibs is a great coach, as I said before he coaches Defense first, our boys were consistently chased off the Perimeter. The Knicks have thrived off the 3-ball with very little points in the paint. post ups or dribble penetration.
    Noah and Boozer and Taj have really stepped their game in the absence of Rose, and their Bench is fearless.

You have to salute that but it hurts when your Team can't find that inner desire consistently.

Inconsistency:

Plagued the Yankees bats all last year

Was the Giants M.O for a few Seasons now

Characterizes this year's Knicks

Stop drinking the water !!!
    Last edited by giantyankee1976; 01-12-2013 at 08:24 AM.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread