+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 491 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I think CHandler heard are grumblings..lol He was a beast against Millwaukee! First 20board game in 5yrs! Also, huge big game for Felton and STAT, and Jr Smith came away with a solid performance.. A good win against a solid RD team in Milwaukee..
    gotta credit woodson for that. he had a talk with chandler and essentially called him out for his lazy play. told him he can make a huge difference when he plays hard and he needs to do it consistently. the difference was very noticeable. he's actually trying to contest shots now and is beasting on the boards.

i think possibly one of the reasons why he was playing lazy was because when felton was out he wasn't getting involved at all in the offense. i would compare it to a receiver running routes and never getting thrown the ball. eventually the receiver is gonna start running lazy routes it's human nature.

how about stat though? the guy has been amazing since he came back. he had a 7-7 game and last game he was 10-10.

i want him to be starting again but i don't know if we should try to fix something that is working so well. we always start games poorly though. i think jr smith should start instead of kidd or shumpert. we always have poor offensive starts for whatever reason.

eventually i think our lineup should be this...

felton
    shump
    melo
    amare
    chandler

pablo
    kidd
    jr
    novak
    camby/sheed

i think amare isn't starting now because we have no other backup bigs other than kurt thomas. maybe when camby or sheed come back we'll change the starting lineup.

anyways go knicks! another very winnable game tonight at home against the pistons. calderon is making his debut but we need to take care of business.

I like Amare off the bench.. It's all about who finishes the game

Chandler back to his lazy ways against Detroit.. Hes missed not 1 but 2 insanley easy layups, and he has all ready had a super easy rebound taken right from him... Obviously, its gonna be a recurring theme with the guy, and ur not changing a guy whos been in the league for as long as he has...

We just gotta hope that he plays hard more often then not, i suppose... I'm still shaking my head over a 7ft 3in guy missing the layup and alley oop dunk he missed tonight.. Don't seem possible to miss the shots he missed for a 5ft 5 guy, let alone 7fter..lol

Were still doing well, but i just think about those things if we were playing a actual good team...

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    gotta credit woodson for that. he had a talk with chandler and essentially called him out for his lazy play. told him he can make a huge difference when he plays hard and he needs to do it consistently. the difference was very noticeable. he's actually trying to contest shots now and is beasting on the boards.

i think possibly one of the reasons why he was playing lazy was because when felton was out he wasn't getting involved at all in the offense. i would compare it to a receiver running routes and never getting thrown the ball. eventually the receiver is gonna start running lazy routes it's human nature.

how about stat though? the guy has been amazing since he came back. he had a 7-7 game and last game he was 10-10.

i want him to be starting again but i don't know if we should try to fix something that is working so well. we always start games poorly though. i think jr smith should start instead of kidd or shumpert. we always have poor offensive starts for whatever reason.

eventually i think our lineup should be this...

felton
    shump
    melo
    amare
    chandler

pablo
    kidd
    jr
    novak
    camby/sheed

i think amare isn't starting now because we have no other backup bigs other than kurt thomas. maybe when camby or sheed come back we'll change the starting lineup.

anyways go knicks! another very winnable game tonight at home against the pistons. calderon is making his debut but we need to take care of business.
    STAT's certainly been good.. I'm fine with him off the bench, to try and limit his minutes and keep his knees somewhat fresh..

God, i'm having a fan love affair with Pablo Prigioni...lol I just love what he brings off the bench.. What a pleasent surprise his outside shooting has been...

great game so far. we're taking care of business. the only negatives are chandler missing those easy layins and JR chucking a little too much. other than that everyone is playing well. amare looks amazing. he still hasn't missed i don't think.

Another Easy Victory. Finally taking care of business and putting away the teams we should beat. NIce to not play down to the competion once in awhile. Lately we have been crushing these type teams. Need to keep it going
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

J.R. needs to choose his shots wisely.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    J.R. needs to choose his shots wisely.
    Never gonna happen.. One thing i will say is great about having JR, beside the fact hes one of the best scorers off the bench is, no one can keep him from getting a shot off.. I noticed alot that Melo will give it to JR when hes being hounded with like 5 or 6 secs on the shot clock, because he knows JR can create a shot somehow.. Sure, its probably not gonna be a great look, but at laest he'll get a half way decent look, and not have to throw up a hook shot from 3 or something..lol

Good game overall.. Very unimpressed how they came out in that 2nd half though.. A better team will make us pay for that.. THis teams gotta realize that u must play 48minutes.. Big leads aren't that impressive if u let teams hang around.. But overall, a great performance.. Amares work with the Dream is really paying off, and hes looking so much more faster and agressive on offense.. Seems like hes trusting his knees and really taking it at defenders... Love seeing him play like that.. Less long jumpers and more agressive drives to the hoop, using that freaskish athletic big , long frame of his...

+ Reply to Thread