+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 491 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ording-sources

uh-oh

as to our Knicks, we live and die by the Iso

I am glad to see a few other guys cutting and getting to the hoop, but we lack a really strong "true" PF who will attack the rim. We place a lot of hope in the mid-range thru perimeter shooting and not enough emphasis on attacking the paint.

Love, love, love me some Melo but we know he's like a Point-Forward/Shooting-Forward LOL

When Tyson wants to play D and get those tip balls, it's all good, then he goes lazy at times and we're like what the fridge !

Amar'e is doing reasonably well off the bench and honestly I give him a TON of credit maintaining a positive attitude and let's be real, he started this NYK re-birth anyway.

I think we have better Backcourt players than Frontcourt mainly because we lack a true Small Forward. you guys know a little more about B-Ball than me, so how bad would it be if Melo played the Small Forward and we had a true Power Forward out there with him?
    Last edited by giantyankee1976; 02-11-2013 at 07:49 AM.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, thats what i've been saying.. I've been saying its not just the defense but also the offense.. Its one of the main diffrences i've been saying from the 1st half of the season.. It dosen't matter how many injured guys we get back if JR Smith and Kidd and Novak are not gonna be special contributors like they were the first half of the season..

A
    To be honest , Novak better start finding a productive niche for us, because hes starting to get close to no minutes and his fairy tale run coming to a end...
    Kidds timely shooting has gone out the window, and JR Smith has been super hot and cold and getting more stupid with his shot selection,w hcih obviously is hard to do..

Amare has been solid offensivley, but almost unbearable to watch defensivley.. Watched the game with a bunch of knick fans, and i swear Amare was the brunt of many angry replys because of his defense...

I'll also say Mike Woodson made some ridiculous blunders yesterday.. Starting the 4th qter with Novak and Stoudamire on the court and no Melo or Felton was stupid and got us into a defecit we coulden't get outta a.. Obviously the defense was beyond atrosius in that time frame, because Melo and Amare have no clue defensivley, but also in a game only MELO was playing well offensivley, u had no choice but to start the 4th and see if u could keep that hot hand.. I knew once i seen Melo and Felton on the bench that the leads was gonna go way up and it surley did...

THe clippers are at the end of a very long road trip no less, and still pretty much lead start to finish on us.... As soon as we made it close , it was like they said "ok, lets beat these guys now" and simply did.. Like i said, we look like a middle of the pack, nothing special east conf playoff team right now.. Thats simply gotta change...
    that 4th quarter was so frustrating. the few times the clips did miss, they got the rebound. they were killing us on the boards and thats why woodson benched chandler.

i actually think sheed and camby should help our offense. sheed can post up and also spread the floor. camby is a good passer. imagine our 2nd unit with sheed and stat instead of novak and stat (why on earth would you play a stat and novak front court? lol come on woody) or camby as the backup C instead of amare.

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ording-sources

uh-oh

as to our Knicks, we live and die by the Iso

I am glad to see a few other guys cutting and getting to the hoop, but we lack a really strong "true" PF who will attack the rim. We place a lot of hope in the mid-range thru perimeter shooting and not enough emphasis on attacking the paint.

Love, love, love me some Melo but we know he's like a Point-Forward/Shooting-Forward LOL

When Tyson wants to play D and get those tip balls, it's all good, then he goes lazy at times and we're like what the fridge !

Amar'e is doing reasonably well off the bench and honestly I give him a TON of credit maintaining a positive attitude and let's be real, he started this NYK re-birth anyway.

I think we have better Backcourt players than Frontcourt mainly because we lack a true Small Forward. you guys know a little more about B-Ball than me, so how bad would it be if Melo played the Small Forward and we had a true Power Forward out there with him?
    i agree with some of the things you said but no way is our backcourt better than our front court. our backcourt is extremely inconsistent. felton, JR, kidd, shumpert... none of them are consistent scorers. on the other hand our front court has melo, stat, and chandler. sheed and camby are hurt but when they get back our front court should be very solid.

honestly i think this team's biggest weakness as far as personnel is a great backcourt player. lin had potential to be that and we let him go for nothing. shumpert has potential to be but he's recovering from a torn acl and he's more of a defensive player. we have lots of decent backcourt players but no really good ones.

as of right now though i agree we're missing a strong PF. i don't know why we haven't signed kenyon martin... he's still, out there. we're definitely missing a goon that will play defense and rebound. a reggie evans type player. we're still starting with a small lineup (shump is a 2 playing 3, melo is a 3 playing 4). melo is a true sf but we' play a lot of small ball that puts him at the 4.

lol @ the nets. they're trying to become the brooklyn hawks.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 02-11-2013 at 07:35 PM.

lol, Josh Smith is nasty though.

Yeah you got my drift, I love Melo but I want a dude who'll take inside and mash it down. Just a grizzly in the paint, like Oak was.

and now that you wrote it, I guess I can understand your point about the back versus front-courts...but I think my opinion is based on the "old-school" physical b-ball I remember coming up, when the Frontcourt usually dominated when you had that lockdown Center (Ewing) assisted by a fearless Forward like Oak. (yes I was a big Oakley fan LOL)
    Last edited by giantyankee1976; 02-12-2013 at 06:37 PM.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Possibly the worst game of the season.
    Uh..go Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Possibly the worst game of the season.
    Win or Lose, its a dissapointing game, and one u would think they'd come out and dominate if they were true contenders, seeing how Toronto just played last night and its our last game before AS break, and were coming off a game we barley sniffed a lead at Home against hte Clippers, who also played the night before, might i add..

Unfortunetly, i seen this for some time now, as they've played pretty much this way since that remarkable start to the season.. You have to be blind to think were that same team, and the funny part is, were supposed to of gotten better with Amare and Shumpert back, but theres nothing that can help "heart" and "smarts" which lacks in so many of our best players.. Heart is more then playing and coming back at the end.. Heart is playing hard even when it seems ur in control or when games not on the line.. Not getting into stupid defecits lead by ridiculous error filled basketball then make a run when u have no choice, and win some and lose some at the end...

I simply dont see Championship caliber team, and haven't in a month and a half now...

This teams gross! Just a dumb lazy team....

Another game we didn't play as a team, ball movement was at a minimum, Chandler his usual lazy self on Defense, and no timely shooting.. I'm not that surprised , and when i seen the spread was knicks +9, i just about wanted to shoot myself, because i can't and won't bet against my team.. Who in there right mind would of bet on the Knicks at this point giving up 9points? I don't care if the Raptors played a triple header yesterday, the knicks are so lazy, there gonna always keep the oppositon in it, as stupid shot selection and lazy and sloppy untimely turnovers and missed easy shots will kill u every game... This is such a averege team...

Freaking LOOOOSSSSEEERRRSS!!! Who scores less then 90 against the raptors???lol Get a clue, u lazy scrubs!

melo had a terrible game like his jumper was broken or something. lots of missed free throws. plus the usual scrubs on the other team playing above and beyond their norm. such an ugly game. the raptors have been better of late but it wasn't like they lit us up we just couldn't make shots. it was possibly the worst loss of the year.

the novak-stat front court needs to stop like i already said. teams continue to destroy us when that lineup is in there.

the bulls just lost to the celtics 69-71 lol

+ Reply to Thread