+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 491 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    melo had a terrible game like his jumper was broken or something. lots of missed free throws. plus the usual scrubs on the other team playing above and beyond their norm. such an ugly game. the raptors have been better of late but it wasn't like they lit us up we just couldn't make shots. it was possibly the worst loss of the year.

the novak-stat front court needs to stop like i already said. teams continue to destroy us when that lineup is in there.

the bulls just lost to the celtics 69-71 lol
    Novak shot alittle better, but as i said before, hes getting grossley close to riding the pine, because his offense isn't making up for his ridiculous defense anymore ,and as one announcer said the other day, good teams now know not to leave him, and bad teams, that usually don't have the heart of desire to defend all game, will leave him open from time to time, but come playoff time, that won't be happening..

He and Amare are almost foolishly annoying on defense..

Amare on the other hand is starting to lose that momentum he had offensivley building as well.. Hes been back up to his usual tricks, of getting the ball slapped outta his hands when hes making his spin move or about to go up , and barrelling into guys for Offensive fouls..etc He missed what should of been the easiest of dunks tonight, and got his own offensive rebound and somehow missed again..lol It was pure comedy...

I seen this coming, as they simply haven't been looking remotley close to the team they resemebled the first half of the season in awhile.. It had nothing to do with Doom and Gloom, just what the play on the court tells u, which isn't horrible, but far from special.. I finally thought we weren't tricked into believing we had something when we didn't, and low and behold, we were.. This is a avg middle of the pack team, that i really can't see making it to the Eastern Confrence finals with this roster.. Melo and STAT and Chandler just don't get it done enough on the defensive side of the ball, because they lack the heart adn desire to do it night in and night out.. Add in the fact the team as a whole takes stupid shots left and right, and ur gonna lose mad games...

scary teams to watch after the Break: Washington, BK and Celts

the Atlantic and the east is not set in stone...

(Hope Melo can recover with respect to his arm injury)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

we started the year off with kidd and brewer playing extremely well. brewer fell off and out of the rotation. kidd fell off but for some reason still gets starter minutes. kidd and JR were both shooting over 50% from 3 and now kidd can't make a shot. i still have faith if we can get one of our bigs back or sign one we'll be in better shape. we're literally losing games because of that stat-novak lineup which will hopefully be gone after the all star break. i thought shump looked good against the raps as far as hustling and grabbing boards but woodson plays old *** kidd the entire 4th quarter smh. you can downplay the importance of a guy like sheed but i think if he comes back healthy it will help a lot.

we'll see if they make any moves as far as signing someone or making a minor trade. i think they should just to shake things up and put guys on notice.

what's the chance of Novak & James White winning tonight..??

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    what's the chance of Novak & James White winning tonight..??
    White coulden't even get a dunk to go in..lol Its kinda funny, how just like our knicks, the hype train was on the 2knicks with Novak and WHite, and in typical knicks fashion, they underachieved..

All i heard all day was how great James White could dunk, and even his creativity was a joke.. I missed the 3pt shootout, but i know Novak did lousy, because i bet on him just to beat Ryan Anderson in RD1, and he coulden't even do that..lol Novak's laughing all the way to the bank though, as he got a sweat little deal for what, one good yr of shooting? Hes still shooting good , but obviously teams don't give him any space anymore, and hes about the most unathletic guy in the league, which has made him more of a liability to our team then anything, because his offense isn't making up for his grade school esque defense...

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    we started the year off with kidd and brewer playing extremely well. brewer fell off and out of the rotation. kidd fell off but for some reason still gets starter minutes. kidd and JR were both shooting over 50% from 3 and now kidd can't make a shot. i still have faith if we can get one of our bigs back or sign one we'll be in better shape. we're literally losing games because of that stat-novak lineup which will hopefully be gone after the all star break. i thought shump looked good against the raps as far as hustling and grabbing boards but woodson plays old *** kidd the entire 4th quarter smh. you can downplay the importance of a guy like sheed but i think if he comes back healthy it will help a lot.

we'll see if they make any moves as far as signing someone or making a minor trade. i think they should just to shake things up and put guys on notice.
    Its not just our defense, were simply not shooting at a ridiculous pace with guys like Kidd and Brewer shooting better then they ever had.. It was just a flukey run by some of our guys, that isn't totally surprising its over.. Even JR Smith was consistently incredible early on in the season, now hes back to his inconsistent ways, with some nights wanting to kill em, and some nights wanting to hug em..lol I do think Rasheed can help, but hes old, and on defense, he can help some, but he'll fall right into the trap of lazy defense when hes on a team with Amare, Melo, Chandler and the rest of the cast that can't seem to be bothered with playing with the same intensity on defense for a full season..

I said last yr, i wondered if a MELO lead team could play Defense for a full seaosn, and now i'm pretty confident they can't, and we'll get sporadic outings of good all around play and then games we lose to Raptors at home.. Shoot, we can't even play a full game most nights, with at least 1or 2 killer QTERS almost every game..

And i disagree about Shumpert, hes been dreadful in my opinion after a hot start coming back.. Careless with the ball, missing shots...etc Redeye warned me about his shooting when he came out, becuase i liked em alot, but i thought he'd be fine, and at times he is, but hes very inconsistent, and he makes rather bewildering decisons way to often, in my opinion...

I still have hopes for em, because hes still kinda coming back from injury, but my excitement for him is down a notch as of now, and i'm hoping he can bring that excitement level back up for me..
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 02-16-2013 at 10:54 PM.

dunk contest is terrible.. fans should vote on who competes..

all right.. this dunk contest is getting a little better

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Its not just our defense, were simply not shooting at a ridiculous pace with guys like Kidd and Brewer shooting better then they ever had.. It was just a flukey run by some of our guys, that isn't totally surprising its over.. Even JR Smith was consistently incredible early on in the season, now hes back to his inconsistent ways, with some nights wanting to kill em, and some nights wanting to hug em..lol I do think Rasheed can help, but hes old, and on defense, he can help some, but he'll fall right into the trap of lazy defense when hes on a team with Amare, Melo, Chandler and the rest of the cast that can't seem to be bothered with playing with the same intensity on defense for a full season..

I said last yr, i wondered if a MELO lead team could play Defense for a full seaosn, and now i'm pretty confident they can't, and we'll get sporadic outings of good all around play and then games we lose to Raptors at home.. Shoot, we can't even play a full game most nights, with at least 1or 2 killer QTERS almost every game..

And i disagree about Shumpert, hes been dreadful in my opinion after a hot start coming back.. Careless with the ball, missing shots...etc Redeye warned me about his shooting when he came out, becuase i liked em alot, but i thought he'd be fine, and at times he is, but hes very inconsistent, and he makes rather bewildering decisons way to often, in my opinion...

I still have hopes for em, because hes still kinda coming back from injury, but my excitement for him is down a notch as of now, and i'm hoping he can bring that excitement level back up for me..
    you really hate melo lol he's the least of the concerns. he's the main reason the team is where it is now. guards blowing by felton or kidd and making layups right in tyson's face is not on melo. his so called defensive liabilities are far overblown. he's actually done a very good job considering he's had to bang with guys way bigger than him most of the year like garnett and griffin.

what is a "melo lead defense"? melo is the leader of the defense? i thought that was tyson's job lol

The biggest liability in defense is Chandler.

Please support.

+ Reply to Thread