+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 491 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

I officially retract my "win-now" statement...good night what a a-whippin'

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Knicks need to blow it up. Trade Melo and Chandler for cap relief and draft picks. Try to be awful in the 2015 season and get a high pick. Hopefull by 2017 we will be championship contenders. This team will most likely finish in the 5th or 6th seed and play the Bulls or Nets .I could see them beating the Nets if thats who they draw in the 1st round 50/50 id say. I dont think they can beat the Pacers,Bulls, or Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Knicks need to blow it up. Trade Melo and Chandler for cap relief and draft picks. Try to be awful in the 2015 season and get a high pick. Hopefull by 2017 we will be championship contenders. This team will most likely finish in the 5th or 6th seed and play the Bulls or Nets .I could see them beating the Nets if thats who they draw in the 1st round 50/50 id say. I dont think they can beat the Pacers,Bulls, or Celtics.
    Pretty much agree.. This teams gonna go down as a huge dissapointment and underachieving team...

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    lol we would destroy the celtics in 5. pacers and bulls would be much closer and i'd favor whoever had more home games.

knicks traded brewer to okc for a 2nd round pick and signed kenyon martin to a 10 day contract...

it's about time we picked up a big... getting tired of waiting for sheed and camby to get healthy.,. i wonder if he's in shape though... and if/when he'll get some playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Pretty much agree.. This teams gonna go down as a huge dissapointment and underachieving team...
    underachieving how? losing to the eventual champs last year in the first round? (okc won the same amount of games against the heat)

like i said before i'm not sure if you over rate the players or not because most of the time you talk about how they're not that good... yet you expect them to be this dominant team or something. what was the last true contending team that had a backcourt as bad as the knicks has been the past few years?

bibby/douglas/fields/walker/shump/jr etc is not gonna get it done. it's been this team's main weakness for awhile now. we played well early in the year because our backcourt was over achieving. we should have kept lin at all costs or picked up some better young talent instead.

i respect your opinion but i'm honestly confused how you can on one hand point out how bad the team is constantly... yet claim they're underachieving. if you actually break down the roster on the knicks... other than melo what do we really have? chandler has never been that great. he got overvalued after helping the mavs win a chip, mainly with their zone defense because he is a good perimeter defender for a guy his size. amare? he's a good player but has fallen from grace. jr? nothing more than a role player. felton? career below average, low iq chucker of a pg. so really the knicks consist of a flawed superstar in melo that needs a lot of help to get the job done. even lebron needed to team up with wade/bosh to get it done.

i bought into the hype of our start because i thought our backcourt would get better with the return of shump. but kidd has completely fallen off. felton and jr are too inconsistent and that's all we got. pablo has actually been pretty solid but woodson never gives him enough burn. even when felton was hurt he was just playing kidd 30+ mins a game instead of giving pablo more minutes.

i was a big believer in woodson but a lot of the things i praised him for in the past seem to be gone. he doesn't hold anyone accountable anymore. he just spends most of his time yelling at the refs like dantoni used to do instead of coaching the damn team. and he seems to stubborn to adjust. the starting lineup is horrible and we constantly end up with 10 point defecits in thh first quarter. you can't have a lineup with melo as the only scoring threat it's not gonna work. it worked earlier because felton was playing great, kidd and brewer were knocking down shots and chandler was getting lobs. all that seems to have vanished as teams have adjusted to what we like to do. the problem is we still haven't adjusted. we still run that same stupid play to start every game.

i'm obviously not happy but i still have faith if we can get everyone rolling again we can regain some semblance of good basketball.

i'd also like to apologize for calling you names the other day. i was pissed from watching the knicks get spanked lol.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 02-21-2013 at 06:18 PM.

K-Mart? That's what the front office does? K-Mart?

K-Mart to the rescue..!
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OT Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

LOL, you forgot to put that in red

I don't know about letting Melo walk, but the Team wasn't built around him to begin with. It was built around Amar'e.

So if anything, if Melo (wants to) stay, I say nuke everyone else and build around #7 instead of ad-hoc modifying around #1.

kmart is a solid pickup. he'll provide rebounding, defense, and athleticism as he's a big that can run the floor. we've been missing sheed/camby a lot more than you may realize. if they were healthy we wouldn't need him but that isn't the case. even if they were healthy it's still a good pickup because he's a more athletic big that can run well compared to them.

no one is proclaiming he's the savoir but i doubt it will make things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    LOL, you forgot to put that in red

I don't know about letting Melo walk, but the Team wasn't built around him to begin with. It was built around Amar'e.

So if anything, if Melo (wants to) stay, I say nuke everyone else and build around #7 instead of ad-hoc modifying around #1.
    it wasn't really built around anyone. we traded all our contracts... a lot of which were good players (nate rob, crawford, randolph, etc) in an attempt to get lebron/wade/bosh.... but they all conspired together and signed with the heat. well to be fair when we signed amare the heat had only signed bosh to that point... so we were hoping signing amare would help convince lebron to come here.

half way through the season we butcher the team with the acquisition of melo. the next off season we let most of those guys go, including cutting billups to get chandler. so at that point the team consisted of melo, stat, chandler as the frontline... which sounded great but we literally had no one of any substance at any other position. stat goes through a bad season of injuries and family tragedy, melo struggles through injury... but jeremy lin emerged as the bright spot of the season to that point. then he gets hurt and melo regains form and gets us to the playoffs... unfortunately against the eventual champs miami heat.

in conclusion i don't think this team was really built around either guy because neither of them have been here long enough. getting chandler on paper was supposed to help cover for both melo and amare defensively... but under dantoni it was a disaster (just like the lakers) because he only likes 1 big in the lineup, one pick n roll big and he doesn't like his players to post. the spacing was horrible. he had amare standing in the corner taking 3s lol

this team wasn't properly built in general. i like chandler but i wonder if we would have been better off just signing a couple cheap defensive bigs and spent whatever money we had in the backcourt. i think we'd be much better off if we had a real solid guard to go with melo and amare. instead all our money is tied up in a front court that doesn't really complement each other.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 02-21-2013 at 10:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread