+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 491 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    it wasn't really built around anyone. we traded all our contracts... a lot of which were good players (nate rob, crawford, randolph, etc) in an attempt to get lebron/wade/bosh.... but they all conspired together and signed with the heat. well to be fair when we signed amare the heat had only signed bosh to that point... so we were hoping signing amare would help convince lebron to come here.

half way through the season we butcher the team with the acquisition of melo. the next off season we let most of those guys go, including cutting billups to get chandler. so at that point the team consisted of melo, stat, chandler as the frontline... which sounded great but we literally had no one of any substance at any other position. stat goes through a bad season of injuries and family tragedy, melo struggles through injury... but jeremy lin emerged as the bright spot of the season to that point. then he gets hurt and melo regains form and gets us to the playoffs... unfortunately against the eventual champs miami heat.

in conclusion i don't think this team was really built around either guy because neither of them have been here long enough. getting chandler on paper was supposed to help cover for both melo and amare defensively... but under dantoni it was a disaster (just like the lakers) because he only likes 1 big in the lineup, one pick n roll big and he doesn't like his players to post. the spacing was horrible. he had amare standing in the corner taking 3s lol

this team wasn't properly built in general. i like chandler but i wonder if we would have been better off just signing a couple cheap defensive bigs and spent whatever money we had in the backcourt. i think we'd be much better off if we had a real solid guard to go with melo and amare. instead all our money is tied up in a front court that doesn't really complement each other.
    U actually put Anthony Randolph down as a player we lost like it meant anything at all? I could read no more after that..lol

Nah, but seriously, this teams been a huge underachieving team and is falling outta real contention day by day this yr.. 3 knicks announcers have brought up leadership and pointed out Carmelo's lack of leadership countless times over the past 2games, just as i said was a big reason why they don't play hard consistently.. This team lacks leadership at the top, and there is no way guys making way less are gonna go all out when there not even getting it from these stars at teh top..

Its down right humiliating the mistakes and laziness there showing! They have been getting knocked from the public almost daily now.. If u cant tell this teams not a true contender, then ur watching a diffrent team.. And it has alot to do with things that are just built into some of there DNA, which is desire and ability to show that desire on a nightly basis.. Thats not gonna change for guys who are in there late 20's and early 30's...

The knicks are not beating the celtics either by the way.. U really think the knicks are better then boston right now? A team that loses guys and just continue to plug in guys and get wins, because of mainly leadership at the top, in pierce and garnett.. Its just not happening...
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 02-22-2013 at 08:03 PM.

boo this team man, no defense, no ball movement, old tired players, inconsistent. they say before the all star break that they are just tired,,,then come out and get beat by 30 the 1st game back? they need a players meeting or a kick in the ash because as of now I and many knicks fans are officially concerned about this team and it's ability to get it done.

This team is flat out freaking awful!! Lazy , no desire, bum basketball! End of story! Losers! They scored 2points almost through half the 3rd qter! Jesus Christ!!!

What do u know, Breen brought up leadership yet again.. A Amare, Chandler, Melo team is scumbag lazy and mistake prone!

I dont even want to watch this freaking joke of a team anymore.. Its freaking embaressing! 14th TO before i can even get this post in! Freaking just pathetic!

And down by 6 which equals biggest lead for raptors now... Another qter full of stupidity... If we lose this freaking game, its gonna be ultimate low.. Forget beating the celts in the postseason, lets worry about beating the raptors....

Why is Amare Stoudamire even on this team? GOd, i wish we could tell him to take a hike! Freaking useless! Take Amare out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus!!! Dude is a freaking scrub!!!! Hes freaking useless!

Amare yet again out of place and a easy dunk! Take em out!

The Losers are now getting blown outta the building, down by 13..lol THis is how they came back from getting shalacked by Indy the other day and losing to these guys last wk...LOL This teams a bunch of gutless shmucks! Even i thought they were at least gonna find a way to win this one after the puke fest that went down against indiana! To think these guys are losing to these teams when they got the toughest schedule in the NBA over the next 20 or so..lol

Absoulutley comical!

It begins! Turnovers, not finishing, stupid shot selection, complaining.

Knicks basketball in full effect.

+ Reply to Thread