+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 491 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    March 27th 2012Jeremy Lin, 23, suffered from a knee injury that left him sitting on the bench in the team's win against the Detroit Pistons on Saturday. Although he was listed as day-to-day, the Harvard graduate sat out the entire game on Monday night.
    I remember that
    I thought we had something special!!!

Anyone else starting to worry about Melo. The Knicks did the same thing with Lin last year. They said his injury wasnt bad and he never played again. Carmelo may be seriously injured
    Ya, i'm worried because Amares out now, and Melo's offense is key to any chance winning the 1st rd , let alone more.. Amare offically isn't even tradable with this latest injury to his knees, and Melo is getting to the point, he can't go 20games without needing to miss time with a injury of some sort, and we are due for one of these injuries to have em out longer then what he usually is, and i'm hoping it isn't this latest knee issue..

How many more yrs do we have STAT and CHANDLER after this one, redeye?

I hope when Melo comes back he somehow tries and become more of a "team" player, and maybe gets his dishing and rebounding more involved becauese we do have a deep team, and when there all getting involved, they play remarkably well, and guys seem to really have a blast.. If Melo comes back, and gets a few less iso's and they play alittle more pass happy basketball, this team could really gel again...

It is fun watching these guys when Prigioni, Kidd, Shump, JR, Novak, Copeland, White, Thomas, Camby, are all getting run and doing something to help this team win...

Is it really "unbelievable" ? The guy hasnt played at full strength in the playoffs once since he was here. He is the new Albatross contract that destroys any chance of winning at the Garden. We will waste Carmelo's best years.
    true, that was a bad choice of words.

to be real though, there would be no melo, chandler, JR, etc if it weren't for stat signing here. it's easy to look back in hindsight and say we should have done this or that, but we went all in for lebron/wade and had to settle for amare. if we knew we weren't gonna get lebron or wade we would have just kept david lee and some of the others that we traded away for nothing (zbo, little nate, etc) but it is what it is. maybe chris paul would have teamed up with melo.

as far as melo's injury, i think he's ok. he had an mri that showed nothing abnormal which is not what happened with lin. lin had the meniscus tear but the knicks kept it on the low. melo's knee is just sore.

he's playing tonight so that's a good sign.

good point Amar'e sorta made NY "interesting" for potential fee agents.

however LBJ, Bosh, Paul and others just didn't seem to interested. (really wanted to know the damage that Zeke and then D'Antoni inflicted upon the Brand and I guess I know now.)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I hope when Melo comes back he somehow tries and become more of a "team" player, and maybe gets his dishing and rebounding more involved becauese we do have a deep team, and when there all getting involved, they play remarkably well, and guys seem to really have a blast.. If Melo comes back, and gets a few less iso's and they play alittle more pass happy basketball, this team could really gel again...

It is fun watching these guys when Prigioni, Kidd, Shump, JR, Novak, Copeland, White, Thomas, Camby, are all getting run and doing something to help this team win...
    i agree, but a lot of it is on the coach, as well as the other players. so often they defer to melo and then just stand around while he goes 1 on 1 or draws a double team. the guards need to wave him off and run the pick n roll or whatever set we're gonna run. when melo does iso, they need to cut to the rim, set off ball screens for novak, etc etc don't just stand around watching melo. especially if the team doubles him, that opens up a lot of things but most of the time our guys just stand on the 3 point line waiting for a kickout. they need to cut to the rim and melo will find them. as much of a scrub as fields was/is that was one of his strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    good point Amar'e sorta made NY "interesting" for potential fee agents.

however LBJ, Bosh, Paul and others just didn't seem to interested. (really wanted to know the damage that Zeke and then D'Antoni inflicted upon the Brand and I guess I know now.)
    chris paul actually requested a trade to ny after the lockout ended but we had nothing to give in return for him. he legit wanted to play with melo in ny. i think lebron would have considered signing here if we could have fit 3 max contracts under the cap. i remember reading that he asked donnie walsh (knicks gm at the time) if we could fit 2 other max players with him and he said we couldn't. the way miami was able to do it was because they had wade's bird rights (you can go over the cap to sign a player if you have his bird rights). maybe if we drafted better and had some young studs, lebron and wade would have came here. who knows. i do think lebron fears the pressure of a major market media.

but it is true that tons of free agents have simply **** teased up and used us as leverage to get more money from another team. the only player i can recall taking leas money to play for the knicks in recent years is JR smith. gotta give him props for that. he's getting like 2 mil this year. novak's scrub *** gets like 4 lol

I think one aspect is that the team plays with more urgency when Melo doesn't play. Rather than standing around watching him, they know they better get up and play some defense.

Amare might seriously be the worst contract ever for the Knicks and thats saying a lot even Curry played 1 full season. 2 more years of him christ. Had we waited and not signed Amare how do we know Melo wouldnt of wanted to come to NY. Maybe we end up with Paul and Melo

+ Reply to Thread