+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 491 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Best players? Melo Chandler Amare were all on the floor when the Knicks were playing .500 for the last few months. They are getting beat by 30 without them.
    Honestly would love a draft rebuild but u are right they would probably draft Jordan Hill when there is 10 better players on the board. The only draft where the Knicks have gotten a player better then the 1 I would of picked was Shumpert and he might never be the same so I will give u that the franchise would screw that up 2.
    amare was fresh off injury and on a minutes restriction and is now injured again. melo has been hurt since the first lakers game but playing through it. felton is a bum but he missed a good stretch of games. sheed went down, camby has missed tons of games. shump is coming off an acl injury too. obviously the injuries are just part of it. the main problem with the team is the horrible backcourt. the shump pick was good but faried got picked after him and is a beast too.

the best pick by the knicks was balkman lol rondo got picked right after. lots of teams passed on him though.

i wouldn't be against a rebuild if it was done properly but i doubt we would ever do that. the knicks always go for the quick fix or try to make the big signing. at this point i just hope to get out of the first round and put up a fight in the 2nd round. i appreciate and enjoy the knicks at least being a competitive team. obviously we've lost a few in a row and looked bad doing so, but at least we're not a terrible team that you expect to lose every game. i try to look at the positive side of things. instead of thinking "we're not good enough to win a championship" i look at it as at least we're a competitive team and have a star player to root for.

Those franchises are without a doubt more talented. Those teams have drafted and developed great players. The Knicks as a franchise is just putrid, thats obvious. The Knicks will never get someone to play with Melo on the level of those players. I still dont think Melo is a good enough lead dog to win but your right 1 things for sure this franchise will never let us know absolutely 1 way or another.
    exactly. the sad thing is we'll never know since melo will never get the help he needs to win a title. if not for the impending lockout who knows maybe he would have teamed up with cp3 somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    amare was fresh off injury and on a minutes restriction and is now injured again. melo has been hurt since the first lakers game but playing through it. felton is a bum but he missed a good stretch of games. sheed went down, camby has missed tons of games. shump is coming off an acl injury too. obviously the injuries are just part of it. the main problem with the team is the horrible backcourt. the shump pick was good but faried got picked after him and is a beast too.

the best pick by the knicks was balkman lol rondo got picked right after. lots of teams passed on him though.

i wouldn't be against a rebuild if it was done properly but i doubt we would ever do that. the knicks always go for the quick fix or try to make the big signing. at this point i just hope to get out of the first round and put up a fight in the 2nd round. i appreciate and enjoy the knicks at least being a competitive team. obviously we've lost a few in a row and looked bad doing so, but at least we're not a terrible team that you expect to lose every game. i try to look at the positive side of things. instead of thinking "we're not good enough to win a championship" i look at it as at least we're a competitive team and have a star player to root for.
    I would be alot more positive if they had this team with younger surrounding players that I thought could get better. Besides Shump who else on this team can be better next season , when he tore his ACL it was like a kick to the groin. Its reached max potential this roster its only decline from here,At least had they kept Lin they would have another player besides Shump that could get better.

I would be alot more positive if they had this team with younger surrounding players that I thought could get better. Besides Shump who else on this team can be better next season , when he tore his ACL it was like a kick to the groin. Its reached max potential this roster its only decline from here,At least had they kept Lin they would have another player besides Shump that could get better.
    Shumps shooting iis always gonna be inconsistent anyways.. He'll always be a athletic player whos a good defender, but without a consistent jumper and outside game, he'll just be a role player type.. Kinda Corey Brewer type i would say.. Which is fine and dandy, but wbe gotta build a roster as u said around basically that.. Amare and Melo aren't the answers here, and aren't taking this team any place other then first rd and maybe at best 2nd rd...

I wonder who will be the next saviors of the franchise? I wonder if it'll ever be draft picks leading this team?

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Shumps shooting iis always gonna be inconsistent anyways.. He'll always be a athletic player whos a good defender, but without a consistent jumper and outside game, he'll just be a role player type.. Kinda Corey Brewer type i would say.. Which is fine and dandy, but wbe gotta build a roster as u said around basically that.. Amare and Melo aren't the answers here, and aren't taking this team any place other then first rd and maybe at best 2nd rd...

I wonder who will be the next saviors of the franchise? I wonder if it'll ever be draft picks leading this team?
    Melo and Chandler would be enough if the 3rd player was Lebron James not Amare. I think Chris Paul, Melo and Chandler would be an Eastern Conference FInal team. Would u guys be opposed trying to trade for Howard this Summer.

The Jordan Hill pick still pisses me off so much. had we drafted Holiday,Jennings or even Derozan who I liked better then Hill we wouldnt of had to package 2 picks just to unload Jeffries contract.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 03-16-2013 at 01:46 PM.

yea that jordan hill pick was terrible. especially since it was a known he was a guy that would be decent at worst but never great. kind of a "safe" pick. all those others picked after him had so much more potential upside. i always thought and said that walsh got too much credit for clearing our cap space and in general the job he did.

i don't follow college ball but i've read that this upcoming draft class is weak. just our luck that we own our pick in a weak draft lol

we'll probably package our pick and some of our players for some old veterans haha i can see it now...

not keeping lin was something i never thought would happen but i can understand why we did it. don't know why the nba would allow a team to offer those poison pill contracts... otherwise we would have kept him and at least had a nice young backcourt of the future.

i disagree about shump never being better than a role player. it's possible that he never develops into something more but i think he has the potential to be a solid offensive player. he gets to the rim at will but struggles finishing, but he's always dropping off nice passes to our bigs. if he can improve his finishing around the rim and improve his jump shot i honestly think he can be a potential allstar caliber player one day...
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 03-16-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Carmelo Anthony has missed four of the past six games and is questionable to play Sunday, and one orthopedic surgeon who has not examined Anthony speculated that the New York Knicks' forward has either a partially torn meniscus or an arthritic knee.

Anthony had his knee drained in New York after the Knicks' loss to the Denver Nuggets on Wednesday. Having fluid in the back of the knee is rarely found in a patient "with a 100 percent normal knee," according to the surgeon.

“It means there is something going on with the knee,” the doctor added. “The question is, where did the fluid come from? What is the source of the fluid? Something inside the knee produces that fluid, so what is going to stop the fluid from coming back.”

Melo and Chandler would be enough if the 3rd player was Lebron James not Amare. I think Chris Paul, Melo and Chandler would be an Eastern Conference FInal team. Would u guys be opposed trying to trade for Howard this Summer.

The Jordan Hill pick still pisses me off so much. had we drafted Holiday,Jennings or even Derozan who I liked better then Hill we wouldnt of had to package 2 picks just to unload Jeffries contract.
    Ya, Lebron woulden't be letting no lazy play go down, thats for sure.. That dude is a straight leader, and plays like a possessed animal.. I gotta admit, i grew to respect Lebron James alot after having guys like Amare and Melo on the team...

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    Carmelo Anthony has missed four of the past six games and is questionable to play Sunday, and one orthopedic surgeon who has not examined Anthony speculated that the New York Knicks' forward has either a partially torn meniscus or an arthritic knee.

Anthony had his knee drained in New York after the Knicks' loss to the Denver Nuggets on Wednesday. Having fluid in the back of the knee is rarely found in a patient "with a 100 percent normal knee," according to the surgeon.

“It means there is something going on with the knee,” the doctor added. “The question is, where did the fluid come from? What is the source of the fluid? Something inside the knee produces that fluid, so what is going to stop the fluid from coming back.”
    I know he is hurt. Thats why I couldnt believe they let him play against Denver. 1 other thing im not a doctor but even I know if a guy has swelling in the knee u dont fly him to NY for treatment then fly him back to the West coast to maybe play in 2 more games.
    The Knicks season is hanging by a the tendon in Melos knee. At this point u forget about the seedings and concentrate on his health. U tear his knee up completely u destroy next season , u destroy trade value, everything. 18-5 was great but forcing him out there is the dumbest move this franchise can possibly
    make which means they will do it. I was looking at the schedule today the Nets have an 8 game road trip coming up with 6 western games Knicks will be able to make up ground but they will need Melo to do it. The Knicks have to understand they are risking their franchise for 1 extra home playoff game u know how stupid that is

felton is easily the worst starting pg in the league.

+ Reply to Thread