+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 491 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 950 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

  1. #941
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,111
    Amare's knees make him "old"


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  2. #942
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,258
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Amare's knees make him "old"
    The guy misses mad time every yr, and will continue to do so.. Forget old, hes ancient.. One more knee injury, and he's probably gonna retire.. We all seen what Antonio McDyess became becase of injurys, and i think Stat is on his way to that..

    Ty Chandlers in his 30's now, and Melo is always dinged up and seems to miss games every 20or so he plays.. I guranteg he ends up missing at le.ast a couple more weeks before the seasons over. To me, it dosen't look likehes in the best shape, but looks may be decieving.. He just dosen't have a great build to him and maybe thats the reason hes getting hurt all the time?

  3. #943
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    U still need 5 guys on the court and Amare is old I dont care what his age says. I thought Melo was hiding a torn ACL so your right probably wont fall to 7. The problem is going forward the Knicks have zero wiggle room so this is the team that they go to war with the next 2 years. Although they will lose JR Smith this offseason most likely
    They might not fall to 7, but that dosen't change the inevitable, and thats , that this team is about as averege as can be.. Don't let a win over Utah and Orlando fool you.. This teams a 500team over there last 44 games or so.. Its been forever since they looked like the seed they represent.. I dont think anyone thinks this team is a legit threat anymore...

    Albeit, i hope i'm wrong, but i don't think so..

  4. #944
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,258
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    great win tonight. j*** are a really good home team.

    no melo, no chandler, no amare... happy we got a win.

    to the doomers and gloomers... we're not falling to the 7th seed lol. we'll have home court in the first round.

    edit: j.a.z.z. lol @ the censor.
    No ones doom or gloom.. There simply stating the obvious, or what we see on the court, and combing that with the age/ contract status and all that goes into present and future roster, and it just isn't that positive.. Obviously people can be wrong, but what do u expect, everyone to be happy because were the 3rd seed , even though it means nothing, if ur a 3rd seed thats probably gonna lose to the 6 seed anyways? Chances are were gonna be seeded higher then we should be, as were only a 3rd seed for about a 1/3 of the season, and as redeye said, a 8seed the rest of the time..

    Not to mention, u add in the past 12yrs or so with the knicks, and all the hope we've had, many times, and always that hope not fullfilling its promise, and hence ur not gonna find to much positive chatter...
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 03-21-2013 at 09:12 AM.

  5. #945
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    They might not fall to 7, but that dosen't change the inevitable, and thats , that this team is about as averege as can be.. Don't let a win over Utah and Orlando fool you.. This teams a 500team over there last 44 games or so.. Its been forever since they looked like the seed they represent.. I dont think anyone thinks this team is a legit threat anymore...

    Albeit, i hope i'm wrong, but i don't think so..
    I know he said they are 14 games over .500 but they started 18-5 13 games over. They were a 2 seed for 1/3 and and an 8 seed for 2/3 so far

  6. #946
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I know he said they are 14 games over .500 but they started 18-5 13 games over. They were a 2 seed for 1/3 and and an 8 seed for 2/3 so far
    Exactly.. The only team i see us beating in the first rd other then whoever the 8seed is, is the Atlanta Hawks.. I just feel we match up well with them and have there number to a degree.. I don't see us beating the Bulls, Pacers, or Celtics, let alone the Hseat.. I think we might be able to beat the Nets, becaue there a underacieving gutless team as well.. Deron Williams falls into the Melo category, as he just seems to lack the nessecary fire and desire night in and night out to get a title, as thats what it takes...


    Ur also right about the future not beingr promising.. Melo's injuries have to be taking a toal on his body, and Amares shot, and Ty Chandler is in his 30's and his physical style of play could be taking a toal, and Shump is good defensively, but leaves something to be desired offensivley, and Felton is not signed longterm and his career has been mostly peaks and valleys, or ups and downs, so who knows going forward what Felton will be..

  7. #947
    we lost 4 in a row and never lost the 3rd seed yet you guys are so confident in mediocre teams below us. it's really mind boggling.

    do you guys even watch basketball other than the knicks? what makes you so confident in teams that have been mediocre all year?

    could the knicks possibly lose in the first round? of course. we could also potentially beat anyone in the east other than miami.

    the celtics get blown the fuk out by the bobcats and then just lost to the hornets... but yea you guys think they're great. i really don't know what to say other than it's clear you don't have any faith in this knicks team. my advice is stop watching. either that or just stop whining and wishing on our downfall. it's really disgusting. just like giants fans that predict we won't make the playoffs before the year even starts because we lost a couple players.

    the thing that really bothers me is this is the best knicks team in years! yet you guys don't appreciate it whatsoever. instead you cry about our impeding downfall and how we'll never win. newsflash... nobody in the east is winning anytime soon other than miami unless wade blows his knee out or something.

    "we've been a .500 team since the 18-5 start" uhh pretty much everyone in the east has been playing around .500 ball all year other than miami and indiana. we barely lost to the pacers on the road without melo and you guys think they're unbeatable too?

    if you guys don't like the team, and have no faith in them... stop watching. it's really that simple.

    i personally would LOVE to face the garbage celtics in the first round. you guys are scared of a mediocre team, it's hilarious. the bulls would be tough because of their solid D and great rebounding but they are very beatable too. like i said every team in the east other than miami is beatable. i guarantee you that coaches and players on the other playoff teams in the east want no part of facing us in the first round. we're built for the playoffs.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 03-21-2013 at 05:36 PM.

  8. #948
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    we lost 4 in a row and never lost the 3rd seed yet you guys are so confident in mediocre teams below us. it's really mind boggling.

    do you guys even watch basketball other than the knicks? what makes you so confident in teams that have been mediocre all year?

    could the knicks possibly lose in the first round? of course. we could also potentially beat anyone in the east other than miami.

    the celtics get blown the fuk out by the bobcats and then just lost to the hornets... but yea you guys think they're great. i really don't know what to say other than it's clear you don't have any faith in this knicks team. my advice is stop watching. either that or just stop whining and wishing on our downfall. it's really disgusting. just like giants fans that predict we won't make the playoffs before the year even starts because we lost a couple players.

    the thing that really bothers me is this is the best knicks team in years! yet you guys don't appreciate it whatsoever. instead you cry about our impeding downfall and how we'll never win. newsflash... nobody in the east is winning anytime soon other than miami unless wade blows his knee out or something.

    "we've been a .500 team since the 18-5 start" uhh pretty much everyone in the east has been playing around .500 ball all year other than miami and indiana. we barely lost to the pacers on the road without melo and you guys think they're unbeatable too?

    if you guys don't like the team, and have no faith in them... stop watching. it's really that simple.

    i personally would LOVE to face the garbage celtics in the first round. you guys are scared of a mediocre team, it's hilarious. the bulls would be tough because of their solid D and great rebounding but they are very beatable too. like i said every team in the east other than miami is beatable. i guarantee you that coaches and players on the other playoff teams in the east want no part of facing us in the first round. we're built for the playoffs.
    With a full roster they are built for the playoffs.

  9. #949
    0bulls getting blown the fuk out at home by portland... but they're the big bad bulls right lol

    nobody scares me in the east other than miami. indiana is tough but they can be beat.

    the nets actually look legit because d-will is playing great ball as of late and they're deep.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 03-21-2013 at 09:50 PM.

  10. #950
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    0bulls getting blown the fuk out at home by portland... but they're the big bad bulls right lol

    nobody scares me in the east other than miami. indiana is tough but they can be beat.

    the nets actually look legit because d-will is playing great ball as of late and they're deep.
    Its 50/50 any team the Knicks play in the playoffs. i dont see much difference between any of the teams besides Miami who is winning the East unless Lebron blows out his knee

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts