+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 491 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Again, u were right on about Kenyon Martin.. A 19pt 10reb game is pretty insane.. If he can keep up games like that, its like getting moer then u would think u would from Amare, plus defense. Maybe an xfactor? I think he'll level out some of course, but obviously hes capable...
    originally i was upset that we didn't pick him up earlier... but maybe it will work to our benefit because he's fresh. i think he was holding out for more money which is why we didn't sign him sooner... plus we were waiting for sheed to come back.

our defense is definitely far better with him out there compared to amare. he was out there guarding durant in his first real action with us and did a pretty damn good job. the way we play defense we switch so much that having a guy like him helps a lot.

when chandler comes back i would prefer for kmart to start at the 4 and melo to move to the 3, but i doubt woodson does that. he's in love with small ball.

your boy pablo never gets enough burn. did you see the circus shot he made? then he stole the inbounds pass right after which led to a melo 3! he must have stole an inbounds pass 30 times this year lol i love me some pablo.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 03-22-2013 at 10:30 PM.

kmart is a monster.

i don't want to hate on chandler but i wish he played with the energy and effort that kmart does. one of the last plays of the half the little backup pg on the raptors blew past our perimeter defense and tried to pull up for a mid range shot over martin and he sent that **** flying. the same situation has happened countless times against chandler and he won't even leave his feet. he'll just put his hand up at best and hope they miss.

a reporter asked woodson about kmart's role when tyson comes back and he said he wants to keep melo at the 4 and have kmart be the backup for tyson. woodson is so stubborn. his rotations are atrocious at times too. during this game we played a good stretch with novak and copeland at the 4/5 lol... if i was coach i would try to avoid playing my 2 worst defenders together... let alone together as the frontcourt.

JR has been amazing lately as far as attacking the basket and not settling for step back jumpers and threes. he's a great athlete and has good enough handles where he can get to the rim almost at will... it's nice to see him actually use that ability lately. it's like a switch went off in his head "i can get in the paint, make a layup or get fouled... hmm maybe i should try doing that more"

he started this game off poorly, turning it over on 3 straight possessions but since then he's played great ball.

another solid win that we needed to have... 4 in a row now. melo looking like he's back to form, kmart playing great... we're coming for that 2 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    originally i was upset that we didn't pick him up earlier... but maybe it will work to our benefit because he's fresh. i think he was holding out for more money which is why we didn't sign him sooner... plus we were waiting for sheed to come back.

our defense is definitely far better with him out there compared to amare. he was out there guarding durant in his first real action with us and did a pretty damn good job. the way we play defense we switch so much that having a guy like him helps a lot.

when chandler comes back i would prefer for kmart to start at the 4 and melo to move to the 3, but i doubt woodson does that. he's in love with small ball.

your boy pablo never gets enough burn. did you see the circus shot he made? then he stole the inbounds pass right after which led to a melo 3! he must have stole an inbounds pass 30 times this year lol i love me some pablo.
    Its Crazy how good Kenyon Martin has looked . Its been against bad teams but still. Always liked him when he was a Net . Strange that a guy that is this capable wasnt picked up earlier by somebody. Not1 team offered a guaranteed contract, crazy.

JR has been amazing lately as far as attacking the basket and not settling for step back jumpers and threes. he's a great athlete and has good enough handles where he can get to the rim almost at will... it's nice to see him actually use that ability lately. it's like a switch went off in his head "i can get in the paint, make a layup or get fouled... hmm maybe i should try doing that more"

he started this game off poorly, turning it over on 3 straight possessions but since then he's played great ball.

another solid win that we needed to have... 4 in a row now. melo looking like he's back to form, kmart playing great... we're coming for that 2 seed.
    This helps, along with Kmart.

Offensive weapons other than Melo.

MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Its Crazy how good Kenyon Martin has looked . Its been against bad teams but still. Always liked him when he was a Net . Strange that a guy that is this capable wasnt picked up earlier by somebody. Not1 team offered a guaranteed contract, crazy.
    i read something about him having a bad rep as a locker room guy from some stuff that happened last year when he was on the clippers.

did you guys see the cheap layup JR got at the end? lol

Jr Smith song and video

i thought this melo one was better

I like JR , his contract is 1 of the best if not the best on the team. He wanted to be here and even took less to stay. I dont know if this team will be able to keep him though. He has a player option that im sure he will exercise.

Ok did some research thew Knicks can make JR a competitive offer so its likely he will stay in NY, They cant afford to lose him. They just dont have enough guys that can score.

This is from the KnicksWall

"As an early-bird, J.R. Smith will be eligible for 104.5% of the average N.B.A. salary in year one, with 7.5% raises year-over-year. Next season, the average salary will be somewhere around $5.2 million (estimation). Based on that number, the Knicks could offer J.R. Smith a four year deal worth around $24.3 million. The yearly breakdown would look something like this: year one – $5.4 million, year two – $5.8 million, year three – $6.3 million, year four – $6.8 million.
    While the Knicks don’t have excess cap-room to give Smith whatever he wants, the team can put together a decent sized offer that might be enough to entice Smith to stay in New York."

The frustrating thing about JR is u can see the guy is very physically talented.He is explosive enough to go by guys and take it to the basket. Im not sure if he doesnt like contact or he is just lazy but he relies to much on long range jump shots. It could be a low BB IQ which is unbelievable for a son of a coach. If JR made better decisions and had better shot selection I believe he could score 20 a night and be an All Star. Same thing with Melo to often these guys settle and Its why they arent efficient enough scorers

i agree, that having him as fresh as he is is clearly makiing a diffrence.. I never would of guessed a Kenyon Martin could make this kinda impact anymore.. Hes making everything easier for everyone, and i hope Tyson Chandler is taking notice, becasue without his lazy uninspired play down low(not all the time..), and with Kenyon's high intensity on both ends, its firing up the entire team, as well as simply making us better..

Kenyons playing better then Amare has since his 1st yr with us! Its crazy how good hes doing!!! I hope he can keep it up against good teams, and not just magic and raptors... We shall see.. Mad fun to watch Kenyon though, he is a blast!

+ Reply to Thread