+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 491 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

2nd place right now pairs us with the Celts...to me that's preferable over the Bulls or Hawks

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    2nd place right now pairs us with the Celts...to me that's preferable over the Bulls or Hawks
    Im not crazy about the Celtics but I really dont want to play Chicago. I have a feeling everyone would settle for jump shots and if they dont shoot well they will lose the series, If we play Chicago Woody better start Chandler and Martin up front

I think you're completely right. It seems that the Teams that play really physical tend to be the team that our Knicks refuse to drive the lane or attack the rim aggressive, settling for tose outside and perimeter shots instead.

and as you already noted the percentages start to slide, the shot selection goes stale and last time we played the Bulls they consistently chased EVERYONE from the 3pt line, everyone.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    I think you're completely right. It seems that the Teams that play really physical tend to be the team that our Knicks refuse to drive the lane or attack the rim aggressive, settling for tose outside and perimeter shots instead.

and as you already noted the percentages start to slide, the shot selection goes stale and last time we played the Bulls they consistently chased EVERYONE from the 3pt line, everyone.
    Anyone know whats going on with Rasheed Wallace. We didnt release him for an extra body because there was a chance he could come back. He fit with Melo and Chandler so well up front. If we can get him back to this team could play the Heat tough. As long as JR keeps playing this well. If he could cancel out Wade they would have a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    They are going to need to if they are going to take the 2 seed. I dont want to play the Bulls and right now if the Knicks get the 3 its a coin flip whether they play Chicago or Atlanta. They have to win at least a playoff series this season

7 of the last 11 against +.500 teams. They can not drop the games against bad teams down the stretch . Brooklyn is 3 1h/2 back with 4 +.500 opponents in 9 games.
    Its toughest the next 5-6 or so more so then to end the season.. One thing as i have said many times in past is i like our chances against the Hawks and like how we match up wit them, and we got them 2times to end the yr, so i'm not as worreid about them. In a perfect world, we'd end up the 3seed with Atlanta the 6th.. I just hope we don't end up against chi town in rd 1..

at this point i'm not too overly concerned with who we play in the first round. we're gonna have to beat some good teams to get to the east finals regardless. i feel like the east is miami way on top, then the knicks and pacers... then everybody else. it's gonna be heat vs knicks or heat vs pacers in the finals.

i don't think chicago is built for the playoffs without rose. same thing with the celtics without rondo. the hawks are hard to gauge because they have a lot of talent but they're not a great team. the bucks are garbage. am i forgetting anyone? ahh yes the nets. not sure what to think of them. if deron plays at a high level along with blowpez... they'll be tough to beat.

i feel great about our position. i'm not praying that we avoid anyone really. as long as we stay the 2nd or 3rd seed we avoid miami until the finals which was the plan all along. winning the division for the first time in 20 years will be a proud moment as a knicks fan.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 03-30-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    at this point i'm not too overly concerned with who we play in the first round. we're gonna have to beat some good teams to get to the east finals regardless. i feel like the east is miami way on top, then the knicks and pacers... then everybody else. it's gonna be heat vs knicks or heat vs pacers in the finals.

i don't think chicago is built for the playoffs without rose. same thing with the celtics without rondo. the hawks are hard to gauge because they have a lot of talent but they're not a great team. the bucks are garbage. am i forgetting anyone? ahh yes the nets. not sure what to think of them. if deron plays at a high level along with blowpez... they'll be tough to beat.

i feel great about our position. i'm not praying that we avoid anyone really. as long as we stay the 2nd or 3rd seed we avoid miami until the finals which was the plan all along. winning the division for the first time in 20 years will be a proud moment as a knicks fan.
    if they dont win at least a round this season is a failure

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    if they dont win at least a round this season is a failure
    Absoulutley.. Shoot, this is yr 3 of Melo and Stat and yr 2 of CHandler, we need to do more then just win a rd.. We gotta win a RD and at least give the next team in next rd 6 or 7 game challenge...

But there playing good right now, thats for sure..

damn you guys are too much. 7 game winning streak, team looking great and peaking at the right time and you're talking about losing in the first round.

also this is not year 3 of melo and stat. after the trade was less than half a season. the next year was a lockout year so not a full season. this was supposed to be the first full season of stat and melo but stat's been hurt all year... so they've yet to even have a full season together.

if we somehow did manage to disappoint in the playoffs, you negative nancies will cry all off season about how the season was a failure despite us breaking several 20 year old records. i've said it many times you guys get way too caught up in the final result instead of enjoying the ride. appreciate the knicks being a good team for crying out loud!

celtics gon get that work tonight.

+ Reply to Thread