+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 491 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I'm disappointed, but I can't really complain because we are without our 2 bigs and we just came off a 13 game winning streak.
    Ya, thats where i'm at.. it stinks because it was against my best buds team, and i talked smack before the game, which i rarley do with my friends(just in case what happend last night happens..lol), but to be honset, the only reason i did that, is because we were on such a long win streak, i wasen't gonna be annoyed if we lost to much, because they've won so many in a row.. How can we be mad at them?

The way it all went down was frustrating, but in the end, we won 13in a row, and gave a tough home team that ended Miami's streak at 27 a run for there money without any of our bigs... So ya, i'm annoyed at a few of the missed opp's last night, and my buddys team sweeping us 4-0, but i'm pretty much 100pct over it, and its not a big deal considering what we did on this streak.. Very proud of that streak indeed!

If i had to blame something i would say are defense as our lack of bigs was exposed, and not nearly enough dishing.. I noticed all game it was one on one, which i know we do alot of with Melo and JR Smith, but even guys lke Felton were going one on one all game, and it seemed it was one pass and whoever got the ball either shot it or tried to create there own shot despite the shot clock and or seeing if a better shot could be created by passing the ball around.. Looking at the stats, we only had 18assists as a team, and gotta get guys involved more tonight.. And get Jr Smith adn Melo in better positon to score, or easier shots..

Guys gotta step up on defense as well and try and make up for the loss of size.

Wow, mad annoying listening to mike and mike this morning and little mike brings up Melo's inefficency shooting and talks about how Durant got his 31 on tons less shots, and also had some dimes, and he went further to bring up Melo's touches, nad how he only passed the ball 5times his last 27touches..etc Not once did they bring up his rebound total, and not once, did they bring up the past 10games or so, where his shooting efficency has been outta this world.. I mean, he had a bit of a off night shooting, it happens.. How in the world do they not bring up his past 10games, and not one of em(jon barry as well) said "hey little mike, this guys been shooting a insane pct on a truckload of shots every game lately before last nights, u idiot!"..

I mean, like i said, we needed to pass more, no doubt, but seriously to talk about melo's shot efficency and amount of shots it took to get his 36points and not bring up the fact it was just a off night shooting compared to his insane shooting the past 10games or so is a freaking joke! Now people who don't know better think Melo just chucks up shots and misses all the time, but just shoots so much law of avereges say hes gonna make some , and thats how he gets his high point totals..etc thats frustrating!

someone tell mike and mike that melo went against one of the best defenses in the league and simply missed shots he normally makes due to fatigue from playing center most of the game. then explain to him that durant played against one of the worst defenses in golden state, with a fully healthy thunder roster. i never listen to sports radio because they're a bunch of clowns for the most part that just say things to get attention and more listeners.

anyways i read that the knicks signed solomon jones.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    someone tell mike and mike that melo went against one of the best defenses in the league and simply missed shots he normally makes due to fatigue from playing center most of the game. then explain to him that durant played against one of the worst defenses in golden state, with a fully healthy thunder roster. i never listen to sports radio because they're a bunch of clowns for the most part that just say things to get attention and more listeners.

anyways i read that the knicks signed solomon jones.
    Thats not exactly a 1 game trend.Durant is far more efficent

Honestly, not too crazed about them losing that game, it simply came down to them running out of gas. Shots falling short and missed layups are two big signs that a guy a exhausted and Woodsen never bothered to switch anyone out.

He should have switch out Kidd for Prigioni, Kidd was so gas his shots couldn't even reach the rim.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Thats not exactly a 1 game trend.Durant is far more efficent
    oh god please let's not go here. we were speaking on the one game that they tried to use to bash melo. melo's efficiency would be far greater if he got the superstar calls that durant gets. you can't even breath on that guy without him getting 2 free throws. i've broken it down before durant averages 1 less offensive rebound, a full turnover more, and 2 free throws more. factor in those things and their efficiency is a lot closer than it looks on paper.

the thing that is hilarious to me is durant is arguably the 2nd best player in the world. durant being more efficient somehow is held against melo? yet melo playing with jr smith as his second option while durant has westbrook isn't taken into account? team's gameplan their defense completely around stopping melo. they overload his side and send immediate help when he blows past his initial defender. when that doesn't work they send double teams. durant rarely sees this because he has another all nba talent wrecking havoc out there while he gets to spot up and get easy looks.

melo is relied upon far more than durant and doesn't have near the supporting cast.

it's not even about melo being less efficient. it's about ignorant people bashing him for being inefficient in a game where he played big minutes without any big men against one of the best defenses in the league and it being compared to durant's game (which i watched and saw him stat padding in an attempt to get a triple double in a blowout game) against one of the weakest defenses in the league. another simple case of the NY media doing what they do best which is spew nonsense to get a reaction.

durant is an admitted stat padded. he doesn't shoot full/half court shots at the end of quarters because he doesn't want to hurt his fg%.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 04-12-2013 at 04:44 PM.

solomon jones is with the team and will play tonight....

another win and the pacers lost so the 2 seed is essentially a lock.

melo was a beast on the boards and JR made his last 12 shots.

at this point we need to rest guys and get as healthy as possible for the playoffs. they said during the broadcast that sheed's foot is healed and he is just getting his conditioning back. we could potentially have tyson, kmart, amare and sheed all healthy for the postseason which would give us options based on the matchups. i don't know what the deal is with camby.

Lol Bulls beat us, then turn around and lose to the Craptors..

+ Reply to Thread