+ Reply to Thread
Page 271 of 491 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    i don't see it that way. like i said the black thing in my opinion was for the knicks players to get into a mindset of finishing the series, closing it out. i don't think they wore black as a declaration of it already being over... but instead that they were going to end it that night.
    You should already be in that mind set. We'll probably have to agree to disagree. Coming off a loss like that, I'm not looking to make a "statement".

Please support.

winning cures everything. win tomorrow and all this goes away.

you guys have a bad memory and are way too sensitive.

the giants DID wear all black going into superbowl 42. there have been countless teams that have done this in all sports. it's really not a big deal. like i said several times already, it's not about disrespecting the opponent. it's for the team wearing black, to get in that mindset of finishing off their opponent. there is nothing classless about it. it had nothing to do with the boston bombings.
    Of course it had nothing to actually do with the bombings.. THe point is the bombings did happen not that long ago and is still fresh on everyones minds, so be smarter then doing something like that with the team that litteraly represents the team that just went through that..

How would u feel if u rooted for the celtics and ur sitting in a hospital room with no legs or something and u gotta see a bunch of goons talking about going to bostons funeral and wearing all black? Its supposed to be a time when people can forget there problems and enjoy a game, not be reminded of anything remotley close to what they went through... I don't think its sensitive at all, just common sense...

Like i said, 10-13 yrs ago, maybe i think diffrently, but as i get older, i just don't like tacky , immature acts like that..

The giants were 14pts underdogs not up 3-1 in best of 7.. There was no bombing 2wks before for the giants, and they needed the inspiration or whatever, the Knicks were throuroughly dismantling there opponet, and only needed to win as 9.5pt faves on there home court.. Completely diffrent situation..

JR Smith just gave the team a extra lifeline by throwing the Elbow that got him suspended and it would of been a great time for Maturity to show through on the Knicks, and let people see, that the persona's of guys like Kenyon Martin, JR Smith, and Melo are wrong, and there very professional and simply "get it".. THe knicks just look like ateam that just don't get it...

I just hope they come out tommorow and end this thing, because this series has become somewhat more of off the court stuff, then on the court stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Of course it had nothing to actually do with the bombings.. THe point is the bombings did happen not that long ago and is still fresh on everyones minds, so be smarter then doing something like that with the team that litteraly represents the team that just went through that..

How would u feel if u rooted for the celtics and ur sitting in a hospital room with no legs or something and u gotta see a bunch of goons talking about going to bostons funeral and wearing all black? Its supposed to be a time when people can forget there problems and enjoy a game, not be reminded of anything remotley close to what they went through... I don't think its sensitive at all, just common sense...

Like i said, 10-13 yrs ago, maybe i think diffrently, but as i get older, i just don't like tacky , immature acts like that..

The giants were 14pts underdogs not up 3-1 in best of 7.. There was no bombing 2wks before for the giants, and they needed the inspiration or whatever, the Knicks were throuroughly dismantling there opponet, and only needed to win as 9.5pt faves on there home court.. Completely diffrent situation..

JR Smith just gave the team a extra lifeline by throwing the Elbow that got him suspended and it would of been a great time for Maturity to show through on the Knicks, and let people see, that the persona's of guys like Kenyon Martin, JR Smith, and Melo are wrong, and there very professional and simply "get it".. THe knicks just look like ateam that just don't get it...

I just hope they come out tommorow and end this thing, because this series has become somewhat more of off the court stuff, then on the court stuff..
    i never saw a bunch of goons mentioning a funeral. i think kmart said they were going to wear black and that game 5 would be the celtics' funeral right after game 4. other than that i never saw any other players mention it. it really wasn't a big deal. like i said if the knicks won nobody would care about this whole thing. i never even thought of the bombings at all until people in here started mentioning it. i doubt the players did either.

knicks have responded well to adversity throughout the season. i expect no different in this series.

we should be discussing the poor play of the guys on the court, who cares about all the other stuff? we should be talking about woodson's inability to adjust, his loss of trust in pablo and cope, melo and JR's inefficiency of late, lack of ball movement, no set plays, etc. who cares about trash talk or pregame antics? i only really care about what they do on the court.

i never saw a bunch of goons mentioning a funeral. i think kmart said they were going to wear black and that game 5 would be the celtics' funeral right after game 4. other than that i never saw any other players mention it. it really wasn't a big deal. like i said if the knicks won nobody would care about this whole thing. i never even thought of the bombings at all until people in here started mentioning it. i doubt the players did either.

knicks have responded well to adversity throughout the season. i expect no different in this series.

we should be discussing the poor play of the guys on the court, who cares about all the other stuff? we should be talking about woodson's inability to adjust, his loss of trust in pablo and cope, melo and JR's inefficiency of late, lack of ball movement, no set plays, etc. who cares about trash talk or pregame antics? i only really care about what they do on the court.
    It was Kenyon Martin who urged his teammates to wear "funeral colors" for the Celtics.
    That's a fact.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    It was Kenyon Martin who urged his teammates to wear "funeral colors" for the Celtics.
    That's a fact.
    i know, that's what i said...he was the only player to mention it to the media that i can recall.

i personally think celtics players making derogatory comments to melo about his wife is far worse than wearing black... but maybe i'm in the minority there.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I just wish they'd play ball and let there play do the talking.. What happened to showing up teams on the court with your play? Go call out Michael Jordans bulls teams, and he'd show u up by going for 50plus and destroying your team.. That is the ultimate show ur team up..
    good post

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    You should already be in that mind set. We'll probably have to agree to disagree. Coming off a loss like that, I'm not looking to make a "statement".
    excellent points

i personally think celtics players making derogatory comments to melo about his wife is far worse than wearing black... but maybe i'm in the minority there.
    My thoughts exactly...don't disrespect a man's wife, no matter what their relationship is "supposedly."

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

IT was tacky time to wear the funeral garb, is all.. And not to mention, ur up 3-1 in the series, at home as 9.5pt favorites, just go finish the freaking job! Why do u need to make that statement anyways? I get it more with the giants, as they were 14pt dogs and making a statement to the world that there here to play and they are confident.. The knicks are the team thats up 3-1 and at home for godsake...

Hopefully this is all behind us, but to be honest, i woulden't be surprised if something else wierd happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    lol

+ Reply to Thread