+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 491 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

  1. #3211
    knicks are used to defending the trash celtics' offense with no point guard. pacers don't have elite guards but they have quick guys that can use the pick n roll to get in the paint. we're forced to switch or double and leave guys open for 3. they're making shots.

    our defense needs to be much better for us to win the series. we cannot rely on scoring big against the best defense in the league to win games. with that said if we got half the foul calls we deserved we would have scored over 100.

    so many dumb turnovers killed us, not securing rebounds, missing free throws. we did everything we could to lose.

    the positive thing is the knicks played nowhere near as good as they can, yet it was still a close game down the stretch.

    game 2 is an absolute must win.

  2. #3212
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,111
    god you're an optimist...


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  3. #3213
    not sure where any statement i made in that post would make you say that. i pointed out how poorly we played and that it was the reason we lost. what is optimisitic about that? they have to play better or else they'll lose the series.

    anyways...



    hibbert going straight up lol

  4. #3214
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,225
    If we play our offense the way were capable, like we were that 15game win streak and the way we were during the 18-3 run to start the yr, no one can beat us.. Also, playing that kinda offense , gets u into the mode of playing defense, as everyones involved and having fun..

    Our offense has been dreadful this entire postseason, and a team lead by Melo and JR needs to score, thats litteraly what there here for... Also, we got Kidd and Prig to feed the ball, so thers not much sense having all these PG's, JR Smith and Melo, if were gonna score in the 80's, early 90's...

  5. #3215
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,225
    The refs weren't good, no doubt.. Gotta play better regardless...

  6. #3216
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    If we play our offense the way were capable, like we were that 15game win streak and the way we were during the 18-3 run to start the yr, no one can beat us.. Also, playing that kinda offense , gets u into the mode of playing defense, as everyones involved and having fun..

    Our offense has been dreadful this entire postseason, and a team lead by Melo and JR needs to score, thats litteraly what there here for... Also, we got Kidd and Prig to feed the ball, so thers not much sense having all these PG's, JR Smith and Melo, if were gonna score in the 80's, early 90's...
    the knicks offense during that streak composed of copleland playing center and going off against unsuspecting teams. also JR was routinely scoring 30 points on 15 shots. none of that is gonna happen in the playoffs.

    kidd is done. yet woody still plays him hoping his 40 year old legs will somehow turn it around. shump should be on the court nearly every minute and pablo should get all of kidd's minutes.

    knicks defense has not been bad through these playoffs... this was the first really poor defensive/rebounding game so far.

  7. #3217
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    not sure where any statement i made in that post would make you say that. i pointed out how poorly we played and that it was the reason we lost. what is optimisitic about that? they have to play better or else they'll lose the series.

    anyways...



    hibbert going straight up lol
    Good no call.. Lol

  8. #3218
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    30,069
    GUESS WHO WAS OUT CLUBBING LAST NIGHT? Cam Newton, JR Smith, CC Sabathia, CJ Watson, Andre Blatche and Joe Johnson in the building!The lineup is serious tonight NY!— The 40/40 Club (@The4040)

    MUCH better.

  9. #3219
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    30,069
    @TheRealJRSmith: First an for most I wasn't clubbing before the game so y'all can kill that. Don't try an find reasons when I miss shots! #HopOff

    MUCH better.

  10. #3220
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,225
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    the knicks offense during that streak composed of copleland playing center and going off against unsuspecting teams. also JR was routinely scoring 30 points on 15 shots. none of that is gonna happen in the playoffs.

    kidd is done. yet woody still plays him hoping his 40 year old legs will somehow turn it around. shump should be on the court nearly every minute and pablo should get all of kidd's minutes.

    knicks defense has not been bad through these playoffs... this was the first really poor defensive/rebounding game so far.
    Like i said, during the streak, and to start the yr at 18-3, which had nothing to do with Copeland.. Its a big enough sample size to realize its how were capable of playing and not some 5game means nothing type stat.. We moved the ball, and we also pushed tempo, just like they did in the 4th qter today being down, but we were doing that every game from start to finish.. Guys were slashing, moving, driving and kicking out...etc Now, its a slow and sluggish offense, that even when we shoot 53pct(like most of 1st half), were still not scoring a ton of points and opening a big lead, because its taking so long to get those points, always very late in the shot clock, and keeps teams close despite shooting so well..

    This team can beat anyone on any given day when they play uptempo on offense, and unselfish...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts