+ Reply to Thread
Page 456 of 491 FirstFirst ... 356406446454455456457458466 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    All-time great player, it was nice having him on the team. How much does this help the knicks cap-wise in picking up another player?
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    We barley ever run pick and rolls, even when Amares on the court, since Melo got here. Ya, occasionaly we do , but its not a big part of our offense. Were a 3pt shooting team, and in the postseason, we were a halfcourt one on one team. Amares getting less and less explosive , and the more time he misses, the less accurate his jumper has become, and i doubt he's gonna get it back(explosion at least). He could be like Antonio McDyess, and simply be a decent role player, as the knee injuries took away his explosion, but Bargniai is younger, and has a better chance of regaining his touch then amare does his explosion. Amares not even a good rebounder anyways. Whats the diffrence between the 2, 1rpg or something?
    Barely ever run pick n rolls?! This team runs it incessantly, especially when Felton's on the court. All those lob dunks w/chandler came from that play. Knicks ran the pick n roll more than almost any other team in the league.

yea, not sure where NYC came up with the idea that we don't run pick n roll. that's pretty much all we run is pick n roll and iso melo or iso JR.

too bad kidd didn't go out in a blaze of glory. he had some great moments and nice streaks here and there throughout the season which is still impressive when you consider he's 40. arguably the best pg of this era (sorry nash, kidd plays defense)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    Barely ever run pick n rolls?! This team runs it incessantly, especially when Felton's on the court. All those lob dunks w/chandler came from that play. Knicks ran the pick n roll more than almost any other team in the league.
    Go watch the entire postseason, and tell me how much pick and roll we ran? Go look at Tyson Chandler, Amare, Kenyon, and any of the other bigs totals, and tell me where the pick and roll was used, please.

I'm not saying we haven't been more of a pick and roll team. But we sure weren't running much pick and roll most of the postseason.. And even much of the regular season. We run alittle for Tyson Chandler, but Amares pretty much always been hurt, and we've shot like a record amount of 3's, and add in god knows how many Iso's, and how many possesions do you guys think were getting?

Now a guy like Shane Larkin is even more a good idea with Kidd gone and Prig probably gone.

Now a guy like Shane Larkin is even more a good idea with Kidd gone and Prig probably gone.
    big time..

Said he won't work out for Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Said he won't work out for Knicks.
    well then poo poo him..

[QUOTE=nycsportzfan;777501]Go watch the entire postseason, and tell me how much pick and roll we ran? Go look at Tyson Chandler, Amare, Kenyon, and any of the other bigs totals, and tell me where the pick and roll was used, please.[/QUOTE

I watched every game in the postseason, and yes, we still ran a ton of pick n roll. It just wasn't as successful against IND. They backed off felton when he ran it and dared him to shoot the mid-range jumper or try a tear down, and he couldn't make them pay, hence his 0-7 shooting game 6. They also ran it with Prigs until they figured out that he was NEVER gong to take it to the rim. Just guard the pass because you know he wont shoot.

Melo was actually our most effective pick n roll player against the pacers because they actually had to play up on him.

+ Reply to Thread