+ Reply to Thread
Page 457 of 491 FirstFirst ... 357407447455456457458459467 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Veteran
    so heat vs spurs is looking like the matchup. heat looking for back to back titles and the spurs looking for their fifth championship in the past 14 years.

I thought we had something special!!!

bleacher report never works on my tablet. it never loads. what does the article say rudy? based on the link title i see it's about JR declining his player option, which is expected.

i got spurs in 6 but i wouldn't be too a surprised if the heat won. i think that the spurs are like a better version of the pacers. they have the defense, rebounding and size, but they also have a very good offense and solid bench. they can score on the inside with the bigs, mid range with parker and outside with their shooters. with that said if wade/bosh and all the role players on the heat step up along with lebron being at the top of his game, i could see the heat winning.

i used to hate the spurs, especially back when i liked the pistons... but i don't mind them now. i'd definitely prefer for them to win over the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    bleacher report never works on my tablet. it never loads. what does the article say rudy? based on the link title i see it's about JR declining his player option, which is expected.i got spurs in 6 but i wouldn't be too a surprised if the heat won. i think that the spurs are like a better version of the pacers. they have the defense, rebounding and size, but they also have a very good offense and solid bench. they can score on the inside with the bigs, mid range with parker and outside with their shooters. with that said if wade/bosh and all the role players on the heat step up along with lebron being at the top of his game, i could see the heat winning.i used to hate the spurs, especially back when i liked the pistons... but i don't mind them now. i'd definitely prefer for them to win over the heat.
    Yeah he wants to opt out. But he probably wants to stay for 5 million instead of 2 million.
    I thought we had something special!!!

The joy of watching the Heat getting blown out tonight. The look on Spoelstra's face....priceless!

Tim Hardaway Jr SG/SF Michigan
    Pierre Jackson PG Baylor
    Glen Rice JR SF
    CJ Leslie SF/PF
    Tony Snell SF/G N.Mexico
    Phil Pressey PG Mizzo

Those 6 worked out for the Knicks. It looks like they are interested in a scoring threat SF/G off the bench that could be a steal and/or a backup PG who could be a steal. I'd like to see Kelly Olynck and Giorgi Dieng workout for the knicks as well.

Jeff Withey C Kansas and Allen Crabbe SF/SG California also worked out for knicks.

Theres a great Glen Rice Jr. Scouting video on Youtube that I watched and really liked. Hes agressive player and makes plays on defense, as hes a solid rebounder and can block some shots as a SF , and hes great on the break on offense. Hes got some real talent, theres no doubt about it. I have a funny feeling Glen Rice Jr is gonna go in the 1st rd.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Tim Hardaway Jr SG/SF Michigan
    Pierre Jackson PG Baylor
    Glen Rice JR SF
    CJ Leslie SF/PF
    Tony Snell SF/G N.Mexico
    Phil Pressey PG Mizzo

Those 6 worked out for the Knicks. It looks like they are interested in a scoring threat SF/G off the bench that could be a steal and/or a backup PG who could be a steal. I'd like to see Kelly Olynck and Giorgi Dieng workout for the knicks as well.
    I think we have 3 Needs to fill. The biggest and the 1 I dont think they will able to find in this draft is a forward to compliment Carmelo Anthony. Why I like Carmelo. I still believe finding pieces that work perfectly with him isnt the easiest thing to find. 1 Things for sure though they have to find more size from the from the forward spot. Stop playing undersized everywhere. Shumpert is a nice player but playing him at forward takes from his defense.I want a legitimate 6'8" or 6'9" SF or a 6'10 6'11 PF. I think they need a starter and I thinks its going in the draft to find that. This may be the spot for the MLE

Next need is a back up PG.A Quicker penetrating Guard. Shane Larkin would of been a good fit. We could play match ups depending on the team we r up against. Unfortunately dont think its happening . 1 guy I find very interesting is Erik Green of VT a very explosive scorer.Creates a lot of offense by going to the basket and drawing fouls.Good outside shot not great but he can score and efficiently could provide Melo the help he desperately needs when JR Smith is going AWOL.

3rd is a Back up Center and this draft is loaded with them. I would love to see a trade with Cleveland for their 33,34 picks or buying are way into the 2nd round. We need to get multiple young players on this roster.

Knicks not only are contending with the HEAT but finishing in front of the PACERS and BULLS is a long shot I believe next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I think we have 3 Needs to fill. The biggest and the 1 I dont think they will able to find in this draft is a forward to compliment Carmelo Anthony. Why I like Carmelo. I still believe finding pieces that work perfectly with him isnt the easiest thing to find. 1 Things for sure though they have to find more size from the from the forward spot. Stop playing undersized everywhere. Shumpert is a nice player but playing him at forward takes from his defense.I want a legitimate 6'8" or 6'9" SF or a 6'10 6'11 PF. I think they need a starter and I thinks its going in the draft to find that. This may be the spot for the MLE

Next need is a back up PG.A Quicker penetrating Guard. Shane Larkin would of been a good fit. We could play match ups depending on the team we r up against. Unfortunately dont think its happening . 1 guy I find very interesting is Erik Green of VT a very explosive scorer.Creates a lot of offense by going to the basket and drawing fouls.Good outside shot not great but he can score and efficiently could provide Melo the help he desperately needs when JR Smith is going AWOL.

3rd is a Back up Center and this draft is loaded with them. I would love to see a trade with Cleveland for their 33,34 picks or buying are way into the 2nd round. We need to get multiple young players on this roster.

Knicks not only are contending with the HEAT but finishing in front of the PACERS and BULLS is a long shot I believe next season.
    I think this draft is incredibly deep with role player pieces, just not stars. I fully agree adding additonal picks in this draft would be fantastic, as i think ur gonna find helpful role players right through this draft, and its incredibly hard to figure out whos the best of the best in this draft, which means guys will fall that end up being very good players.

If your looking for a player to supplant Melo when hes ont the bench, i think Glen Rice Jr. is ur guys. Hes got size, extreme leaping ability, scores at will in the open flooor, can be effective spot up shooter with 3pt range, and makes plays on Defense, despite not always going 100pct on D. He can block shots and rebound.

We also worked out Jeff Withey, who would be a fantastic guy to have backing up Tyson Chandler. Hes defensive orientated and is learning on offfense. Allen Crabbe is a score first player who can take over games at any point and can play SF as well as SG.

The bottom line is we need to add multiple pieces, and this is the kinda draft you can save money by drafting multiple players that help so you can save money in FA'cy. A example would be adding both Glen Rice Jr and Jeff Withey(example), or say Pierre Jackson and Gordi Dieng...etc..etc

Another couple guards who could be nice pieces as both can play the point some and have dishing ability, as well as all around ability(goodwins outside game needs work) are Archie Goodwin and Nate Wolters. I've seen Goodwin compared to Monta Ellis by some.

+ Reply to Thread