+ Reply to Thread
Page 466 of 491 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

exactly redeye. that first isn't gonna be good. value wise bargs is worth more than a pick in the 20s plus we dumped novak's bad contract and camby who is likely to never play.

i like the deal because it sets the knicks up better to rebuild around melo in free agency (or even without melo possibly) in 2015. there are a lot of good free agents that year too.

i don't like bargs' game that much as a player but he's certainly a huge improvement over novak/camby.

when we first discussed this deal it was swapping amare for bargs and fields, which would gave been a worse trade imo.

it's a huge if, but if amare can stay healthy in limited minutes the knicks have the potential to be a legit contender.... on the flipside if amare and bargs are hurt going into the playoffs we're gonna be in some trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Pierce is a first ballot HOF player that has been killing the knicks since he joined the league. Just because your a knicks fan, dosen't mean you have to not give credit to a player you dislike. The postseason isn't the only time you can kill a team, dude.
    he's also 35 and on a rapid decline in both performance and health. i'm not worried about pierce at all. he'll be an overpaid spot up shooter for the nets.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    The 1st round pick was already owned by Denver to swap so even if the Knicks were bad the Nuggets were getting it. The OKC pick wont be higher then 55 which is basically a FA. I dont understand why they had to send another 2nd though. Raptors werent doing that deal if we dont give picks. Why would the Raptors take more years back on Novak and Camby will retire
    Fair enough...I don't know why they would either. I'm starting to like the trade a little more cause he's better then Amare. We have Chandler for defensive purposes, but we still need a rebounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Fair enough...I don't know why they would either. I'm starting to like the trade a little more cause he's better then Amare. We have Chandler for defensive purposes, but we still need a rebounder.
    He's not a great rebounder. Career avg is 4.
    Finalized Divorced from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

career average is 4.8

anyways it's amazing how many people are hating on this trade as if we just gave up a lottery pick and shump or something lol

bargs being at the 4 puts melo back at the 3 which should help the rebounding by default.

don't forget they're not done yet. they still have the mmle to use while potentially bringing back JR/cope/pablo/kmart

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    career average is 4.8

anyways it's amazing how many people are hating on this trade as if we just gave up a lottery pick and shump or something lol

bargs being at the 4 puts melo back at the 3 which should help the rebounding by default.

don't forget they're not done yet. they still have the mmle to use while potentially bringing back JR/cope/pablo/kmart
    The guy plays on the perimeter a lot thats part of the reason for the low rebounding totals.
    I think the Knicks must keep Copeland. He is a very important piece because he compliments Carmelo Anthony very well. Copeland would make the perfect back up Stretch 4 for Bargs and could play minutes at the 3 as well. With Bargs having an extensive injury history having another Stretch 4 is imperative.

Chandler
    Amare
    Jordan
    Bargs
    Copeland
    Melo
    Shumpert
    JR Smith
    Hardaway
    Felton
    Leslie

Chandler Amare Copeland Jordan

Bargs Copeland Amare Leslie

Melo JR Shump Copeland Leslie

Shump JR Hardaway

Felton

JR plays the same role as Melo on offense when Melo goes to the bench as the primary ball hog
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-02-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    exactly redeye. that first isn't gonna be good. value wise bargs is worth more than a pick in the 20s plus we dumped novak's bad contract and camby who is likely to never play.

i like the deal because it sets the knicks up better to rebuild around melo in free agency (or even without melo possibly) in 2015. there are a lot of good free agents that year too.

i don't like bargs' game that much as a player but he's certainly a huge improvement over novak/camby.

when we first discussed this deal it was swapping amare for bargs and fields, which would gave been a worse trade imo.

it's a huge if, but if amare can stay healthy in limited minutes the knicks have the potential to be a legit contender.... on the flipside if amare and bargs are hurt going into the playoffs we're gonna be in some trouble.

The reason I was for the trade was to make the roster more fluid. I thought the biggest hole on this roster was having a stretch 4 or a 6'8"+ SF. Complimenting Melo up front to me was the hardest thing to do but also the key to the whole Offense. The reason why I wanted to trade Amare even though he is better is because he doesnt fit the roster. He isnt a stretch 4 and he cant defend the 5 making hi the square peg in the round hole. If u look how I set up the rotations the 4's on this team assuming u keep Copeland can all do the same type of things.So u either pull Melo off the floor and change the style of play for 10 minutes a game which I dont like or u play him as a back up 5. So u give him 15 minutes on the floor at Center and hope he scores more then he gives up. Having someone that can score inside is nice but to me a younger Center that rebounds and blocks shots would be a better player to give minutes to
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-02-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Please don't tell me your a Nets fan.
    Nah, I don't really follow basketball anymore. But I find Knick fans pretty annoying. Very similar to Ranger fans - a sense of self entitlement without winning anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Nah, I don't really follow basketball anymore. But I find Knick fans pretty annoying. Very similar to Ranger fans - a sense of self entitlement without winning anything.
    Yeah a lot of us Knicks fans are like that,but we should be it's the Mecca of basketball.

i read the knicks made an offer to elton brand and the interest is mutual. i hope it's for vet min but not sure. i'm still hopeful we can bring back JR/pablo/cope but i think some teams will throw decent money at cope and pablo might go back overseas. who knows about JR.

+ Reply to Thread