+ Reply to Thread
Page 467 of 491 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469477 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    exactly redeye. that first isn't gonna be good. value wise bargs is worth more than a pick in the 20s plus we dumped novak's bad contract and camby who is likely to never play.

i like the deal because it sets the knicks up better to rebuild around melo in free agency (or even without melo possibly) in 2015. there are a lot of good free agents that year too.

i don't like bargs' game that much as a player but he's certainly a huge improvement over novak/camby.

when we first discussed this deal it was swapping amare for bargs and fields, which would gave been a worse trade imo.

it's a huge if, but if amare can stay healthy in limited minutes the knicks have the potential to be a legit contender.... on the flipside if amare and bargs are hurt going into the playoffs we're gonna be in some trouble.
    Pretty much exactly what I said. If Bargs dosen't work out, then you lose him, melo, and Stat, right around the same time, so you can build through FA'cy with a chance to have 2young pieces in Hardaway and Shump all ready in place. Its a good deal, because of what Bargs can be. Obviously , alot of pressure is off of him in NY, with Stat and Melo all ready in place, he can just play his game. Also, you know hes motivated to show the world hes better then advertised.

I think the deal was great, and Novak and Camby are nothing at this point. We all ready got Novak's career yr, and the NBA learned how to defend him, nad you cant cry about 2nd rd picks, and one first rder in the 20's isn't nothing. If the knicks really want a 2nd rd pick, they can figure out how to buy there way in or whatever.

We need length and offensive firepower, and guys who can compliment Melo, and thats exactly what Bargs and Hardaway Jr can do. Again, a fantastic move! Even if they both get hurt, so what? Novak and Camby weren't gonna be any better if Stat got hurt and we didn't have Bargs. The bottom line is the risk was well worth the reward.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    i read the knicks made an offer to elton brand and the interest is mutual. i hope it's for vet min but not sure. i'm still hopeful we can bring back JR/pablo/cope but i think some teams will throw decent money at cope and pablo might go back overseas. who knows about JR.
    Thats so funny because when I was looking through FA's about a wk or 2 ago, Elton Brand peeked my interest. A cheap vet who can bang down low and has alittle scoring ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Fair enough...I don't know why they would either. I'm starting to like the trade a little more cause he's better then Amare. We have Chandler for defensive purposes, but we still need a rebounder.
    And hence there looking at Elton Brand. At 6ft 9in 254lbs, hes a load down low and avg'd over 6bounds per game in 21min and 9.1 in his career.

Chandler
    Bargniani
    Melo
    Shump
    Felton

Brand
    Stat
    Hardaway Jr
    Dev Harris/Watson/Bynum(whoever they pickup)
    Jr Smith
    Cope( i think he and prig are gone).

Also, nate robinson and matt barnes might be in the fold. Kenyon Martin might be odd man out if Elton Brand, and one of Nate, Barnes, Cope, Prig, or Dev Harris come along. If Prig goes to spain, i'm really hoping for Devin Harris.

Would you guys rather keep Kenyon or sign Matt Barnes? Barnes has alittle more range, but Martin is alittle bigger i believe. Both are hustle players who play with a chip on there shoulders.

i'd take barnes, he can defend and hit the 3.

kinda depends on if we're able to sign brand or any other decent bigs though.

i'm still holding out hope that tony allen takes less to come here (doubtful)
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 07-02-2013 at 09:50 PM.

i found out that the knicks actually can do sign and trades to some extent. they just can't receive a player that is sign and traded. so in essence the knicks could sign and trade JR and get players/picks back (as long as the players are under contract already) the only way a team would need/want to do this though is if they don't have the cap space to sign him outright.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Would you guys rather keep Kenyon or sign Matt Barnes? Barnes has alittle more range, but Martin is alittle bigger i believe. Both are hustle players who play with a chip on there shoulders.
    I would take Barnes as well

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Barnes if we get Brand, if no Brand then gimme K Mart..

not seeing a ton of interest for ya boy ellis, NYC. it would be sweet if he came here for cheap.

allen resigned with the grizz, 4 years 20 mil.

+ Reply to Thread