+ Reply to Thread
Page 468 of 491 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468469470478 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    not seeing a ton of interest for ya boy ellis, NYC. it would be sweet if he came here for cheap.

allen resigned with the grizz, 4 years 20 mil.
    Ya, i wish! Its still very early, and hes gonna get pretty good coin, just probably not what hes thinking. I'd be shocked if hes offered less then Tyreke Evans was from the Pelicans which was 4yr 44million, i believe?

But ya, i'd crap if we could add em.

not seeing a ton of interest for ya boy ellis, NYC. it would be sweet if he came here for cheap.

allen resigned with the grizz, 4 years 20 mil.
    Shump has the ability to be a better all around Tony Allen. I don't think he would of been that great a investment with recent draft picks Shump and Hardaway Jr all ready on board.

If we don't get Elton Brand, i woulden't mind making a pitch for Dejuan Blair. He'd be a good fit, and the Spurs just wrapped up Tiago Splitter for 4yrs, so could move on from Blair. Also, the Birdman could be a solid fit off the bench for Tyson Chandler.

i think i remember reading the bucks had interest in JR. it's possible the knicks could swap JR for ellis in a sign and trade. otherwise we can't afford him. i think the knicks will split the mmle on brand and pablo and fill the other holes with vet min deals.

just reading now that JR is close to resigning... likely a 3 year deal with a player option for the 3rd year.

knicks are set up to have a boat load of cap space in 2015. lots of good free agents that year too, if they don't sign extensions obviously... from what i remember in the new cba players are less likely to sign extensions because you can get more money by finishing the deal and becoming a free agent, and then resigning with your original team. i could be wrong on this but i think that's what cp3 and dwill did. they got more money by playing out their deals and then resigning, rather than signing extensions in the last year of their deals.

J.R. Smith to re-sign with Knicks. Woody needs to learn when to pull him when he's not in rhythm.
    Finalized Divorced from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

just reading now that JR is close to resigning... likely a 3 year deal with a player option for the 3rd year.

knicks are set up to have a boat load of cap space in 2015. lots of good free agents that year too, if they don't sign extensions obviously... from what i remember in the new cba players are less likely to sign extensions because you can get more money by finishing the deal and becoming a free agent, and then resigning with your original team. i could be wrong on this but i think that's what cp3 and dwill did. they got more money by playing out their deals and then resigning, rather than signing extensions in the last year of their deals.
    Thats why I love what the knicks are doing. There going to surround Melo with guys who can shoot from distance(shump,felton,bargs,hardawayjr.Jr smith and maybe devin harris?), and hopefully there will be someone carrying this team on any given night, and maybe a couple of em on any given night if they try and take melo outta the game.

and if it dosen't work with a explosive shooting team, we can blow it up in 2015 an d have cap space galore.

Francisco Garcia is latest rumoured player the knicks showing interest in. Obviously, they are gonna be interested in many players and eventually choose 1or2(they got some exception at 3.1mill and then a vet minimum player or something like that?). So, we've heard Garcia, Matt Barnes, Devin harris, Sebastian Telfair, Elton Brand, Kenyon Martin, Will Bynum, and even Little nates names floating around. It'll be intesting to see what we get. I'm hoping for Devin Harris and Matt Barnes the more i think about it.

barnes would be a great back up 3. gritty, tough defender that hustles, plays hard and can make an open 3.

i think we might lose cope.,, but essentially bargs will be his and novaks' replacement balled into 1.

felton / pablo
    shump / jr / hardaway
    melo / barnes
    bargs / stat
    tyson / brand

plus a few other vet min guys (or leslie if he makes the team)

that team is better than last year's team imo. a lot of it is based upon guys staying healthy though. if both stat and bargs are constantly hurt we're gonna be back where we started with melo at the 4 and JR chucking too much.

Apparently it's a 4 year deal. Ugh, 4 years is too much...unless he totally changes his character and playing style, we are going to be seeing the same crap from him the next 4 years. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1389772
    Finalized Divorced from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread