+ Reply to Thread
Page 469 of 491 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471479 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

i have no problem with 4 years. at worst we can trade him down the road if it comes down to it. probably a player option in the final year so if he opts out it's a 3 year deal.

in other news i just read that because pablo was technically a rookie last season he's not eligible for the vet min... so basically we have to use part of the mmle to sign him to anything more than his qualifying offer. so i think we're gonna use some of it on him and the rest on either brand or kmart, then fill out the rest of the roster with vet min deals.

I just don't think he will stay committed for 4 whole years, hell he couldn't even do that during the playoffs.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I just don't think he will stay committed for 4 whole years, hell he couldn't even do that during the playoffs.
    This contract will not go well

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    and if it dosen't work with a explosive shooting team, we can blow it up in 2015 an d have cap space galore.
    I doubt we will have cap space. JR was just the first domino to fall. We now have 10 Million for sure on the books. Plus options on Hardaway and Shumpert by the time FA comes we wont have any money ,watch

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I doubt we will have cap space. JR was just the first domino to fall. We now have 10 Million for sure on the books. Plus options on Hardaway and Shumpert by the time FA comes we wont have any money ,watch
    If we lose Melo, stat, and Bargs, its gonna free up alot more then what Shump, Hardaway Jr, and Jr Smith are gonna be making, right? Also, Tyson Chandlers going into yr 3of a five yr deal. Teams will take guys in trade also, when there in there last yr of there contract often. I think the knicks will be able to add mid tier stars to Shump, Hardaway , and Smith if they blow it up in a yr or 2, if its not to work. They should have no problem adding a David West(just example) type along with another guy like that.

I don't see how Shump, Hardaway Jr, and Smith are gonna hog all our money after Melo and them start coming off the books? Albeit, 4yrs is one yr to much for Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    barnes would be a great back up 3. gritty, tough defender that hustles, plays hard and can make an open 3.

i think we might lose cope.,, but essentially bargs will be his and novaks' replacement balled into 1.

felton / pablo
    shump / jr / hardaway
    melo / barnes
    bargs / stat
    tyson / brand

plus a few other vet min guys (or leslie if he makes the team)

that team is better than last year's team imo. a lot of it is based upon guys staying healthy though. if both stat and bargs are constantly hurt we're gonna be back where we started with melo at the 4 and JR chucking too much.
    The only problem is that Elton Brand may in fact return to Dallas , who I read is making a decent push to keep em.

I agree about Copeland is probably gone, and Bargs will fill his shoes and Novaks. Also, i just feel Prig will go back to spain. It sucks, my man crush will be over! But i think Devin Harris would be a fine replacement, who can take over at times, and is great on the break. The only problem is we'd have another injury prone player to go with Stat and Bargs, which is more risk. Will Bynum is a tough little guy who is strong as rocks, and Bynum and Barnes may be a nice duo to add for the toughness of the team, and Bynum i believe stays healthy more then Harris. But , i'm going all in with risk and all, and hope we get Harris. He offers more when his games on then Bynum, when Bynums on.

I'd be ok with resigning Kenyon Martin, along with Barnes and a PG(bynum, harris,telfair).

So, my roster looks like this, and this is the worst case, with Elton Brand being the best case.

C- Ty Chandler, Kenyon Martin
    PF- Andrea Bargniani, STAT
    SF- Carmelo Anthony, Matt Barnes
    SG- Iman Shumpert , Tim Hardaway Jr
    PG- Raymond Felton, Dev Harris or Will Bynum or Sebastian Telfair

JR Smith comes off bench for multiple guys depending on whos on court of course. He can play SG and alittle 3 if were going small.

CJ Leslie is gonna make the team and can play some 3, and also alittle 4 if were going small. Hes a versatile player. I think were gonna have a better team overall.

it's amazing to me how a lot of knicks fans are against us resigning JR and hate the fact that we did (not on here i'm talking the bozos on realgm). i mean honestly do they not realize JR was a huge reason we were as good as we were last year? or the fact that we're not using any exceptions to sign him? in what world is letting the 6th man of the year (an asset in a future trade at worst) walk for nothing in return a smart move? people let their hatred of a player ruin their sense of reality and common sense in general.

as far as redeye's opinion on the cap in 2015, at the very least the knicks will have a ton of flexibility that year to either take on contracts in a trade or make some moves to free up more cap and bring in guys to re-tool around melo. even with all the cap holds, a resigned melo, possibly extended shump, along with JR's 6mil and whoever else they will still be a decent amount under the cap. maybe not enough to sign a max but like i said the possibility of creating a little more space in order to do so will be there.

i'm partying hard tonight! not because of 4th of july though!

pablo resigned a 3 year deal with the knicks! first 2 years guaranteed. not sure what the number are yet though.

pablo! he's takin ya fukin cookies!

what do you guys think about delfino instead of barnes? maybe pablo can recruit him since they played for argentina together... but i do remember melo having some beef with him. delfino touched melo' junk once and melo was about to wild out lol

+ Reply to Thread