+ Reply to Thread
Page 475 of 491 FirstFirst ... 375425465473474475476477485 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,750 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

people don't want artest? lol dude can still play. for the vet min he is excellent value. he can play the 3 or the 4 and would provide some scrapyness and toughness that this team needs. i would love if we were able to pick him up.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    people don't want artest? lol dude can still play. for the vet min he is excellent value. he can play the 3 or the 4 and would provide some scrapyness and toughness that this team needs. i would love if we were able to pick him up.
    Artest playing the 4 would make us ridiculously small, he's only 6'7'' and he's not exactly a big rebounder. Unless he's taking Leslie's spot, since he would fill a similar role, then he's basically taking a spot from the front course or PG player that the teams needs.

Honestly, the team he makes the most sense for is the Nets. They need a wing defender off the bench to replace what Boguns and Wallace gave them.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

artest is strong as a bull and him at the 4 (or 3 with melo at the 4) is still a bigger lineup than what we used last year. bargs and stat have both missed a ton of games the past 2 years. adding a scrappy vet that can defend and shoot the 3 at a decent clip for the vet min is a good signing no matter how you look at it.

right now the team still needs to add a sf, a hole artest would fill nicely. then resign kmart or add another big and another pg.

ideally the knicks pick up artest, resign kmart, sign a legit center and add a 3rd string pg.

i was hoping to get someone like delfino or barnes for cheap, but they got signed already to fairly big deals.

as a knick fan you should know we need the type of toughness a player like artest provides.

felton / pablo / brooks? telfair?
    shump / jr / hardaway
    melo / artest / leslie
    bargs / stat
    chandler / kmart

right now the knicks only have 10 players under contract which means space for 5 more.

artest, pg, big, big. = 14 players, still another spot for a 15th man.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 07-10-2013 at 10:49 PM.

I would be happy with Artest dont think he has much left but for the min we wont do better. We still have roster spots to fill.

I really love the CAVS roster I would trade teams with them today. They have all those young players and cap space coming. They wont be able to attract top tier FA's besides the greatest of them all Lebron "Because he lives there" but if we had that team in NY we would be set. If Bynum is healthy " big If " they may finish ahead of us.
    That Bynum signing was well worth the risk. If he plays well they have a playoff team if not u keep your cap flexibility with the team option. If he plays really well they can even trade him for draft picks and an expiring at the deadline

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    God please no, he's a quack and isn't even that great of a defender anymore. Besides, between Melo, Bargs and JR where is he finding minutes at the 3?

Knicks need to get either Brand or KMart, a young, quick, defensive PG, and a legit back-up Center (maybe dalember of return of Mozgov?).

That pretty much fills the roster.

In the end, the only chance the Knicks have of being a contending team is if somehow Stat returns to being a great player.
    Brand isnt playing for the Knicks they ship sailed with the Prigs signing.
    Even if Stat is healthy this is not a contending team in my eyes. i think they win 45-48 games and finish with the 4-5 seed. They play the Bulls or Nets in the 1st round and lose. Depends how hard the Nets push in the regular season. If the Nets push to win the Atlantic they win it by 5 games at least if they are smart and keep minute totals down for the playoffs the Knicks could still win it. The Knicks played out of their minds for 2 stretches of games last season and outside of that were fairly average

knicks were average last year for stretches due to injuries. mainly to melo who when he's healthy can win games by himself.

no way in hell do the cavs have a chance of finishing ahead of us either. their roster is filled with injury prone players.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    ron artest is likely to be amnestied by the lakers and he wants to play for the knicks. the problem is someone under the cap might claim him. he has said he would retire if a bad team claims him so that may scare teams off.

adding artest for the vet min would be excellent.
    I agree. A nice role player that as you said, can add toughness, and a sold all around game. I mean, you add Artest to Shump, Smith, Melo, Stat, Chandler, hardaway Jr, Bargs, Prig, Felt, and damn!! I think thats one freaking fun team to watch!

We do need one more big though. I'd of loved to of gotten are hands on Birdman. Jason Maxiell is still out there as well.

Also Chris Wilcox would be a solid size guy to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Brand isnt playing for the Knicks they ship sailed with the Prigs signing.
    Even if Stat is healthy this is not a contending team in my eyes. i think they win 45-48 games and finish with the 4-5 seed. They play the Bulls or Nets in the 1st round and lose. Depends how hard the Nets push in the regular season. If the Nets push to win the Atlantic they win it by 5 games at least if they are smart and keep minute totals down for the playoffs the Knicks could still win it. The Knicks played out of their minds for 2 stretches of games last season and outside of that were fairly average
    If the Knicks aren't a contending team with an All-Star Stat than no matter what moves they make from here wont make them a contender.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

+ Reply to Thread