+ Reply to Thread
Page 477 of 491 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    That Vargas was reminding me of Copeland out there..lol

Austin Rivers would be a awesome knick. I'd of loved to got him. He reminds me of Steph Curry a bit.
    except rivers can't shoot.

artest is pulling out all the stops to avoid being claimed lol the dude is pure comedy.

Hopefully we sign Artest today will be the first move I havent disliked this offseason. Im still pissed we gave the LLE to Pablo. Still waiting for a back up PG. Knicks still have 1 player that can guard speedy PG's that ripped the team to shreds lat season,

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    redeye is such a buzz kill lol.

you're enamored with the idea of "rebuilding" as if it guarantees you anything. the knicks could blow it up and rebuild for the next 5 years and end up in the same position they are now if not worse. the league is riddled with examples of teams that have been "rebuilding" for years with nothing to show for it.

the cavs drafted lebron and got nothing out of it.

it's not just you, a lot of people love the idea of having a team full of young, unproven draft picks because they represent possibility. with that said how many teams have won championships that built through the draft? the thunder hit on lotto pick after lotto pick and have nothing to show for it. they're capped out now just like we are.

the spurs are the only team i can think of that won championships by building through the draft and a lot of their success was because they in a sense got lucky by landing duncan, drafting parker late in the first and ginobli late in the second. i doubt their model of success will ever be repeated.

i view this knicks team as good enough to win a championship if a lot of things fall in place. if bargs and stat are both healthy and playing well for the playoffs, along with melo, jr, chandler, and the role players being healthy and playing well at the right time, along with maybe some luck as far as injuries to other teams.

i genuinely feel like we matched up better with the heat and spurs than the pacers last year.

if the knicks have a little luck and avoid some of the tougher stylistic matchups (bulls, indy) along with being healthy and playing well together at the right time, i think they can make a run and possibly win it all.

the only teams i'm willing to concede will have a better record than us in the east are the heat and the bulls... not even sure about the bulls either because it depends on how rose plays when he comes back.

my whole outlook is to simply enjoy the knicks for the fact that they are a competitive team. it wasn't that long ago we were a joke of a team that couldn't even go .500 in the east. if they don't win a chip with this core i won't be depressed about it. 2 years from now the team will have a lot of flexibility and options to rebuild through free agency.

i still see the future of the team with a positive outlook. we're in a lot better position than a lot of teams in the league.
    I stopped reading when I read they can win the championship. Outside of Lebron,Derrick Rose, half the Brooklyn roster, Paul George, Roy Hibbert, Kevin Durant,Tim Duncan,Marc Gasol all get injured and miss the entire season the Knicks cant win.
    U need assets to build a team cap room is huge but unless Lebron signs its not going to be enough. U still need picks and young players to facilitate trades and the cupboard is bare.
    Thats why when u have a chance to get young productive players u sign them not resign 36 year old PG's for 3 years.

The Knicks constantly overpay in everything they do and it adds up. They could of kept Copeland the guy had no bites in the NBA. They had to say 2 years team option. Now u have a tradeable asset that teams want. To much money for Novak no 1 wants him ,now give away another pick. these things however small u think they are, add up. Just there is another player added in a trade that we gave away. 3 mil trade exception, Copeland, thats a 5 million dollar PG that can be brought in. The Knicks brought in a starting PG in Felton with 2nd round picks and u make it seem like what im saying has no merit.
    I have no problem with Bargs the player none at all Im sick of watching the Knicks get bent over a table every time they do a trade. The Knicks will never win a title wasting assets and overpaying.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-13-2013 at 07:57 AM.

Chandler 30 Amare 18

Bargs 30 Martin 18

Melo 36 Shumpert 12

Shumpert 18 JR 30

Felton 30 s Prigs 18

9 man rotation like that with Hardaway , Jerome Jordan getting some burn here and there. A Back up PG is still a gigantic need on this team, Shumpert is the only 1 who can guard quick PG's. Felton can guard 2's which is fine but what if Shumpert is needed to guard 3's for stretches then what.

Im not really sure how the Knicks can go with Melo at PF. There isnt enough Backcourt depth to play Shumpert at forward
    Also if they sign Artest where does he play? 12-15 minutes at SF?

Chandler 30 Amare 18

Melo 24 Bargs 24

Shump 20 Melo 12 Artest 16

Jr 30 Shump 10 Hardaway 8

Felton 30 Prigs 18

Something along those lines. I dont think Artest and Martin are brought in it will be 1 or the other. Although if Amare isnt going to be allowed to play in back to backs, I would also like to see Chandler and Melos minutes dip some an extra front court player could still see enough burn
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-13-2013 at 08:37 AM.

ellis got signed by the mavs. that's one less team that could claim artest.
    He might retire. He said hes either going to China, playing Arena Football, or Coaching..

except rivers can't shoot.

artest is pulling out all the stops to avoid being claimed lol the dude is pure comedy.
    Did you ever watch the kid play? Shootings his fortay, and the best part of his game. Hes a smart kid, raised the right way, who can shoot from anywhere, and can shoot FT's very well. Why in the world would you ever say Rivers can't shoot?

Mind you, he had a somewhat dissapointing rookie season, but i expect him to be much better this yr, and the kids shooting to be more in line with what he did at Duke. Hes a good looking young player.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I stopped reading when I read they can win the championship. Outside of Lebron,Derrick Rose, half the Brooklyn roster, Paul George, Roy Hibbert, Kevin Durant,Tim Duncan,Marc Gasol all get injured and miss the entire season the Knicks cant win.
    U need assets to build a team cap room is huge but unless Lebron signs its not going to be enough. U still need picks and young players to facilitate trades and the cupboard is bare.
    Thats why when u have a chance to get young productive players u sign them not resign 36 year old PG's for 3 years.

The Knicks constantly overpay in everything they do and it adds up. They could of kept Copeland the guy had no bites in the NBA. They had to say 2 years team option. Now u have a tradeable asset that teams want. To much money for Novak no 1 wants him ,now give away another pick. these things however small u think they are, add up. Just there is another player added in a trade that we gave away. 3 mil trade exception, Copeland, thats a 5 million dollar PG that can be brought in. The Knicks brought in a starting PG in Felton with 2nd round picks and u make it seem like what im saying has no merit.
    I have no problem with Bargs the player none at all Im sick of watching the Knicks get bent over a table every time they do a trade. The Knicks will never win a title wasting assets and overpaying.
    The thing your not accounting for, is if Bargniani plays like he did a couple seasons ago, which is what were banking on, we got tremendous scoring depth with Melo, JR, Stat, Bargs, Shump, Felton, and Hardaway Jr all being able to score points. We mig ht not be Championship quality, but by adding Bargs and Hardaway Jr, we add 2 more scorers who can score from anywhere, and makes for a potent offene, and Shump is poised to be a 15ppg scorer in his own right.

As far as Copeland goes, there was no one more excited about his potential then I was, but not the league is on to him, and he'll have to adjust, and we have no idea if the 29yr old will be able to do so. Also, will he shoot like he did this past yr? Seems to me like the 29yr old had one of those magical yrs, and the knicks weren't willing to bank on that happening again, which i tend to agree with. We've seen a ton of guys come outta nowhere in there late 20's and then fizzle quickly , ala Mikki Moore.

The knicks offense should be able to score with anyone, and have enough guys to make up for off games by one or 2 of there guys in most games. I honestly think were about to see one of the most potent offenses the knicks have in some time.

Also, Pablo was a heck of a player for us, and can shoot and dish, and was a fine resigning.

I honestly think Bargs is gonna be a monster scorer for us, not having to be the guy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post

i find it disrespectful that you would bother to quote me without reading the entire post.

anyways cope was signed to a summer league deal as he was some random scrub that wasn't even expected to make the team.

felton's value was extremely low which is why the knicks were able to do the deal. it was also a sign n trade which they are no longer able to do to get a player in return unless at the end of the trade the knicks are under the apron (highly unlikely with the additions of bargs contract)

you're scared of brooklyn and i find it comical. they're a soft, injury prone team. the ONLY player on the nets that remotely worries me is blowpez, and he as well is injury prone.

enjoy living your fandom scared and depressed about what other teams are doing. I'll enjoy riding for my team.

the pacers are not better than us either. they played better than us in the series but they are not better.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 07-13-2013 at 01:22 PM.

He might retire. He said hes either going to China, playing Arena Football, or Coaching..
    he's just saying that to scare teams off from claiming him.
    Did you ever watch the kid play? Shootings his fortay, and the best part of his game. Hes a smart kid, raised the right way, who can shoot from anywhere, and can shoot FT's very well. Why in the world would you ever say Rivers can't shoot?

Mind you, he had a somewhat dissapointing rookie season, but i expect him to be much better this yr, and the kids shooting to be more in line with what he did at Duke. Hes a good looking young player.
    i've admitted many times i don't follow or watch college sports much if at all. i do remember him hitting that game winner against UNC. what little i have seen of him in the pros is that he's a very inconsistent shooter. that's why i wouldn't compare him to a guy like curry that was a deadeye shooter from his first day in the league.

world peace (artest) cleared waivers. expect an announcement soon.

for the vet min... can't get any better. great offseason by the knicks. use the rest of the mmle to bring back kmart.

felton / pablo
    shump / jr / hardaway
    melo / artest / leslie
    bargs / kmart
    chandler / stat

2/3 seed here we come.

+ Reply to Thread