+ Reply to Thread
Page 486 of 491 FirstFirst ... 386436476484485486487488 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,860 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

i remember the year he got drafted i heard the story about him being a big time HS prospect and then he dropped out to play overseas. i think if he stayed in school and went to college for a year he'd have been a first rounder.

i think his biggest problem was immaturity and a sense of entitlement. maybe now that he's been cut and played in the D-league he got a wake up call and realized he needs to grind and put the work in to make it in the NBA. he's still only 22 i think. i was excited when i first heard he was on the summer league team.

i was reading that there are new rules starting this year with D-league call ups. you can do it as many times as you want or something like that. so if we sign him to an NBA contract and have him as our 3rd big, we can stash him in the D-league to develop and then call him up if someone gets hurt or if he's doing so well we want to bring him up and give him some minutes.

i thought that jennings guy on our team looked pretty polished offensively too. not sure if we gave him a camp invite or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    i remember the year he got drafted i heard the story about him being a big time HS prospect and then he dropped out to play overseas. i think if he stayed in school and went to college for a year he'd have been a first rounder.

i think his biggest problem was immaturity and a sense of entitlement. maybe now that he's been cut and played in the D-league he got a wake up call and realized he needs to grind and put the work in to make it in the NBA. he's still only 22 i think. i was excited when i first heard he was on the summer league team.

i was reading that there are new rules starting this year with D-league call ups. you can do it as many times as you want or something like that. so if we sign him to an NBA contract and have him as our 3rd big, we can stash him in the D-league to develop and then call him up if someone gets hurt or if he's doing so well we want to bring him up and give him some minutes.

i thought that jennings guy on our team looked pretty polished offensively too. not sure if we gave him a camp invite or not.
    I thought a lot of the players looked good. Murray and Tyler I thought stood out the most though. Tyler played some pretty awful defense in the Clippers game I cut. Physically looks impressive though I hope they can get something out of him

Jeremy Tyler vs CLippers Summer League

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I thought a lot of the players looked good. Murray and Tyler I thought stood out the most though. Tyler played some pretty awful defense in the Clippers game I cut. Physically looks impressive though I hope they can get something out of him
    Definitely looks like a D-League prospect. Dunno if he's ready for the big leagues though. He really doesn't position himself well on the court, particularly on defense, and he got out hustled a lot of the boards. Needs to work on his footwork. Both of his post move highlights he traveled big time and they wont let him get away with that in the nba.

Curious in general who the knicks intend to pick up to be their other bigs off the bench. Hope they get Kmart back, but they still need another legit back-up center.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    Definitely looks like a D-League prospect. Dunno if he's ready for the big leagues though. He really doesn't position himself well on the court, particularly on defense, and he got out hustled a lot of the boards. Needs to work on his footwork. Both of his post move highlights he traveled big time and they wont let him get away with that in the nba.

Curious in general who the knicks intend to pick up to be their other bigs off the bench. Hope they get Kmart back, but they still need another legit back-up center.
    if anything the refs let players get away with even more obvious traveling in the nba lol

The Knicks and Kenyon Martin reached agreement on a contract Wednesday, according to his agent.
    The Knicks' interest in retaining Martin wasn't a secret. The veteran forward was a steal after the Knicks signed him during the season. Martin's defense and rebounding helped hold the frontcourt together while the Knicks dealt with injuries to Amare Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler. Martin won't impact any fantasy formats this season, but he will be a solid depth player for New York.
    Source: Al Iann***one on Twitter
    Thank You!!...

great offseason! add a third pg and another vet big and we're good to go.

i got us as a 2 to 4 seed. not sold on brooklyn at all and the bulls got rose back but lost some key role players.

1. heat

2-4. knicks, pacers, bulls (in any order, i think all will have close records)

5. nets

nets lose in the first round again haaaaa

Kenyons back! Nice depth pickup! We got a gangster squad baby!!!lol Now its up to Chandler to find some motivation on defense and kick it into high gear, and for Amare to stay healthy, and Bargs to relax, and not worry about being the guy..

Ty Chandler
    Bargs
    Melo
    Shump
    Felton

Hardaway Jr
    Artest
    Jr Smith
    Amare
    K.Martin
    Prigioni
    Tyler/Leslie

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Kenyons back! Nice depth pickup! We got a gangster squad baby!!!lol Now its up to Chandler to find some motivation on defense and kick it into high gear, and for Amare to stay healthy, and Bargs to relax, and not worry about being the guy..

Ty Chandler
    Bargs
    Melo
    Shump
    Felton

Hardaway Jr
    Artest
    Jr Smith
    Amare
    K.Martin
    Prigioni
    Tyler/Leslie
    solid offseason.. this team is deep, maybe add another PG

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    solid offseason.. this team is deep, maybe add another PG
    Yep, a 3rd PG and a back-up center and that pretty much settles the roster. The only question after that is if the team is good enough to contend. It'll come down to a few things:

1. Consistent team defense: With their scoring they don't have to be the best defensive team, but if they can be a top 10 defensive team then that'll propel them.

2. Amare making a difference: Don't care what anyone says, Amare was supposed to be one of our "big two", and they need him to be a very good player again in order to contend. Can't win it all with Melo as the only elite player on the team.

3. Bargnani blending in well offensively and not being a defensive liability: You just don't know how he'll fit until they get on the court. Will be complement Melo like Copeland did but in an upgraded way? They need that to be a yes.

4. Chandler returns to DPOY form: He's the defensive foundation, if he crumbles again so does the house of cards.

5. Felton & Prigioni combine for 12 AST/game: Lots of scorers and these guys need to put them in position to get easy buckets.

6. Shumpert takes the next step: Need another star on the team, and he's the only candidate to step forward.

7. JR Smith builds for last season: Year 1 he showed promise, Year 2 he took a big step forward, year 3 he needs to put it all together for the season and playoffs.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

+ Reply to Thread