+ Reply to Thread
Page 488 of 491 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    I was just on CBS sports and was looking through their offseason reports, when I stumbled across their report from LAST offseason (2012). Much of which was geared towards the Knicks losing Jeremy Lin in FA due to the "poison pill" that Houston put in.

Sooo, since it's pretty much gonna be quiet from now until the start of the season and I thought it would be cool to fill the time by looking back on the Jeremy Lin free agency one year later.

Some knicks fans thought we were giving away a unique talent that was going to be a mega-star, some thought we was a flash in the pan player who was quickly figured out by the league and was very limited (i.e. can't create going left), some thought we would be somewhere in between.

So, what do you guys think? One year later, were the knicks right in letting Lin go? Do you think he could still grow further as a player?
    Honestly, I prefer Felton.

I admire what Lin has done and he's a good player with great heart, but he has ways to go. Do I still think that we can upgrade the PG position even with Felton? Absolutely, no question.

Let's go.

I was just on CBS sports and was looking through their offseason reports, when I stumbled across their report from LAST offseason (2012). Much of which was geared towards the Knicks losing Jeremy Lin in FA due to the "poison pill" that Houston put in.

Sooo, since it's pretty much gonna be quiet from now until the start of the season and I thought it would be cool to fill the time by looking back on the Jeremy Lin free agency one year later.

Some knicks fans thought we were giving away a unique talent that was going to be a mega-star, some thought we was a flash in the pan player who was quickly figured out by the league and was very limited (i.e. can't create going left), some thought we would be somewhere in between.

So, what do you guys think? One year later, were the knicks right in letting Lin go? Do you think he could still grow further as a player?
    Lin is in a weird spot. He's still raw with a upside. His biggest problem is that he can't shoot - making him a very inefficient scorer. He's not good enough to be the primary scorer for a team, and he's not good enough a shooter to sit on the outside and wait for passes to come his way (which is what the rockets are using him as). He's a ball dominant guard. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

With Harden having the ball 60% of the time with the Rockets, Lin is pretty much used as a spot up and shoot guard. The Rockets are wasting their money. The Knicks would have been better off with Lin than Felton though.

Lin is still young and has a lot of room to improve. His 3 point shooting was abysmal last season, but second half and on he was shooting close to 40%. The way he plays looks ugly, but he does have a really quick first step. Personally, I think he might be better off as a 6th man.

Let's go.

glad we signed tyler. i think he's got a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Lin is in a weird spot. He's still raw with a upside. His biggest problem is that he can't shoot - making him a very inefficient scorer. He's not good enough to be the primary scorer for a team, and he's not good enough a shooter to sit on the outside and wait for passes to come his way (which is what the rockets are using him as). He's a ball dominant guard. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

With Harden having the ball 60% of the time with the Rockets, Lin is pretty much used as a spot up and shoot guard. The Rockets are wasting their money. The Knicks would have been better off with Lin than Felton though.

Lin is still young and has a lot of room to improve. His 3 point shooting was abysmal last season, but second half and on he was shooting close to 40%. The way he plays looks ugly, but he does have a really quick first step. Personally, I think he might be better off as a 6th man.
    I'm not sure the knicks would have been better off with Lin than Felton. Lin seems like a better passer, but he's still unable to drive left and he's still a poor shooter. Defensively, both are pretty bad, though Lin gets a couple of steals a game.

One big thing Felton has over Lin is health. Lin was in and out of the line-up in HOU all season because his body just couldn't hold up. Felton, throughout his career, has shown to be able to stay on the court.

One thing though is that Felton was relied on too much to be a scorer, and particularly in big games where teams dared him to drop 20, he generally failed at that. He needs to be the 4th or 5th scoring option on the team, not the 3rd. Presumably, he'll be that now behind Melo, Stat, JR and Bargs.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

I'm not sure the knicks would have been better off with Lin than Felton. Lin seems like a better passer, but he's still unable to drive left and he's still a poor shooter. Defensively, both are pretty bad, though Lin gets a couple of steals a game.

One big thing Felton has over Lin is health. Lin was in and out of the line-up in HOU all season because his body just couldn't hold up. Felton, throughout his career, has shown to be able to stay on the court.

One thing though is that Felton was relied on too much to be a scorer, and particularly in big games where teams dared him to drop 20, he generally failed at that. He needs to be the 4th or 5th scoring option on the team, not the 3rd. Presumably, he'll be that now behind Melo, Stat, JR and Bargs.
    Yup.

I believe in Game 6 vs. the Pacers, he was 0-7 I think. But that shouldn't be his role anyway.

I am perfectly fine with Felton, he's not the best out there but he's good enough to be a starter. I think Lin is still learning the position, but he's a streaky player. Felton is not as streaky.

Let's go.

knicks to sign beno udrih to a 1 year vet min deal!

this offseason just keeps getting better!

now we just need to sign ivan "the goon" johnson and we'll be set.

felton / udrih / pablo
    shump / JR / hardaway
    melo / artest / leslie
    bargs / kmart / ivan (not signed)
    chandler / stat / tyler

GOONS ON DECK.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 08-08-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Al Iann***one ✔ @Al_Iann***one

Beno Udrih will sign a one-year deal with the Knicks according to a league source.
    10:03 AM - 8 Aug 2013
    118 RETWEETS 18 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite
    boo yah..

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    knicks to sign beno udrih to a 1 year vet min deal!

this offseason just keeps getting better!

now we just need to sign ivan "the goon" johnson and we'll be set.

felton / udrih / pablo
    shump / JR / hardaway
    melo / artest / leslie
    bargs / kmart / ivan (not signed)
    chandler / stat / tyler

GOONS ON DECK.
    Cant believe he signed they shouldnt of been able to sign him

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Cant believe he signed they shouldnt of been able to sign him
    I'm shocked.. Do we get his bird rights too?

+ Reply to Thread