+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 491 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Prayers go out to Kevin Ware man, wow, poor kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onTWl_eXOM8
    that was disturbing. i remember tuning into the game and everyone was looking sad and standing around and i didn't know what was goin on. then i heard what happened and saw the video. i've seen shin breaks before in combat sports but seeing that happen in a basketball game was surprising. you never want to see someone get hurt like that in any circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    When in the last 10 years has this knicks team been expected to do more than MAYBE fight for the 8th seed in the playoffs?

It's only been since they acquired Stat that they even started having any sort of expectations.
    he always refers to the past 2 seasons that ended with the knicks losing in the first round without putting it in any sort of context to understand why that happened. a midseason trade changed the entire makeup of the team and then both billups and stat (our 2nd and 3rd best players) got hurt and it was melo + scrubs vs the celtics. we still should have won the first 2 games if not for shady officiating.

then last year we cut billups to sign chandler. amare was hurt all year, melo was banged up for a good part of the year. no training camp or practice time, no real point guard on the roster (until lin emerged) and one of the worst coaches in the history of sports, dantoni. despite all that we played some solid ball down the stretch once woodson replaced dantoni (18-6) which got us in the playoffs. unfortunately it was against the eventual champs, the heat. so we got destroyed in the first round. o yea lin didn't play, shump blew his knee out game 1, chandler had the flu, baron blew his knee out lol things were not exactly stacked in our favor.

i said it all along that this was the first real full season that this team will have together. i had high expectations for this year based on how well we played under woodson down the stretch last year.

this is the first year that we're in a position to have a good run in the playoffs. we're gonna finish 3rd in the east at worst which will allow us to avoid miami until the conference finals. if we meet the pacers in the 2nd round, that will be a very tough series but i think we can win it.

the main thing i try to tell people is to simply enjoy the moment. enjoy the "now". the knicks are a good team. when was the last time you could genuinely say that? we almost beat the thunder without melo. we blew the heat out twice, beat the spurs twice, went 3-1 against the celtics (2-0 in their building) we're 20 games over .500! we're likely to win the atlantic division for the first time in almost 20 years! these are things that knicks fans should be enjoying and happy about. don't hold the failures of past teams against this one.

go knicks!
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 04-01-2013 at 05:46 PM.

eastern conference player of the week

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    When in the last 10 years has this knicks team been expected to do more than MAYBE fight for the 8th seed in the playoffs?

It's only been since they acquired Stat that they even started having any sort of expectations.
    Are u kidding? Have u just started watching the knicks since they got Melo and Stat? They had crazy expectations and thought they found there young "Shaq" when they aquired Eddy Curry and also Zach Randolph, and then there was Marbury, Crawford, Francis, Glen Rice and Vin Baker, Van Horn, Antonio McDyess, Dikembe, Mike Sweetney, Penny, Tim Thomas...etc There was a reason we barley ever had our 1st rd draft picks, and thats because we traded em for players who we thought were gonna bring us postseason berths and hopeful championships, and instead, we su-cked...

Not saying that every time we signed a guy or traded for a guy it brought insane expectations, but more then a handful of times before melo and stat the knicks had highered the expectations of fans thinking that they have a playoff roster and not only did they not have that, they continued to be dreadful..

Do u not remember Larry Brown and Lenny Wilkens and Mike Dantoni? All these guys were big time coaches that again, brought in expectations..

Just because they ended up sucking super badly dosen't mean they didn't have expectations of making the postseason...
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 04-02-2013 at 07:38 AM.

That Kevin Ware injury was horrendus in every sense of the word.. My lord!

Zach Randolph !!!

If only we had him "now." LOL

Curry had bust all over it from the jump.

Marbury? I fell for the Starbury BS too...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

We better not get any bogus calls tonight against the Heat. That will piss me off so much.

lebron, wade and chalmers not playing again tonight.

still won't be easy, but we should be able to get the win.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    lebron, wade and chalmers not playing again tonight.

still won't be easy, but we should be able to get the win.
    Were actually only underdogs by a point and a half on rd in miami.. So ya, should be a close game indeed.. I'm gonna bet on us without Wade and Lebron.. I've actually killed it on the knicks lately, gambling wise..

U think Copeland is gonna get some RUN in the postseason?

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Zach Randolph !!!

If only we had him "now." LOL

Curry had bust all over it from the jump.

Marbury? I fell for the Starbury BS too...
    Ya, Curry had some bust potential, but the expectations were certainly there.. Baby Shaq was his nickname if i remember correctly??lol

+ Reply to Thread