+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 491 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Stephen A Smith and Skip were talking about Melo and the knicks and it ended with how much they like this team and the way there playing and the expectations and Skip said "i really like this team" and Steven A said "i do to, but i'm not gonna let them break my heart"..lol Pretty much exactly my feelings on it.. Again, this team is playing like u feel they were gonna , and i said before this yr, this is the last yr i'm going all in, as i can't have my heart broke again expecting something that dosen't occur, and then it looked like they were gonna break our hearts again and unexpectedly start being mediocre, and boom, there back again just when u counted em out and now won 10 in a row...

There convincing me again, but i'm just trying not to get my hopes up yet, as i can't have my heart ripped out again... They also said "he better!" when reffering to Melo getting outta the first RD.. They think this teams gonna move on past rd 1, but made apoint to say Melo better make it out, meaning no letdown, this teams not a team that shold be beat in RD1, they simply have to get it done..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Stephen A Smith and Skip were talking about Melo and the knicks and it ended with how much they like this team and the way there playing and the expectations and Skip said "i really like this team" and Steven A said "i do to, but i'm not gonna let them break my heart"..lol Pretty much exactly my feelings on it.. Again, this team is playing like u feel they were gonna , and i said before this yr, this is the last yr i'm going all in, as i can't have my heart broke again expecting something that dosen't occur, and then it looked like they were gonna break our hearts again and unexpectedly start being mediocre, and boom, there back again just when u counted em out and now won 10 in a row...

There convincing me again, but i'm just trying not to get my hopes up yet, as i can't have my heart ripped out again... They also said "he better!" when reffering to Melo getting outta the first RD.. They think this teams gonna move on past rd 1, but made apoint to say Melo better make it out, meaning no letdown, this teams not a team that shold be beat in RD1, they simply have to get it done..
    You keep referring to this team "ripping your heart out" meanwhile this is the first year they've been even considerred contenders for anything other than a playoff spot in about 12 years or so. Last time they let me down was back in 2001. Other than that they havent had the talent to even compete for a conference run, so I don't know how a team that was clearly rebuilding could let you down.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    It's a real mystery with what role Stat will play again when he returns.

Truthfully, I'd like to see Kmart, Chandler and Melo starting in the front court with Stat the first front court player off the bench.
    I read that Stat coming back isnt likely at all and those reports are just well wishes. I want to see them attacking. A Jump Shooting team in the playoffs is going out. They have to stay aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    You keep referring to this team "ripping your heart out" meanwhile this is the first year they've been even considerred contenders for anything other than a playoff spot in about 12 years or so. Last time they let me down was back in 2001. Other than that they havent had the talent to even compete for a conference run, so I don't know how a team that was clearly rebuilding could let you down.
    well, then u just started watching the knicks then.. For the 1000th time, just becuase we su-cked balls dosen't mean there was about 3times we thought we had added pieces that made us playoff contenders and coaches that will coach us to promise land as well.. What'd u think we were thinking when we got Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford and Steph Marbury and Antonio McDyess, and Van Horn, and Glen Rice and Vin Baker, and Steve Francis, and Penny, and etc...etc Add in Larry Brown, Lenny Wilkens and Mike Dantoni as coaches.. Why do u think we never had barley any of our own 1st rd draft picks? Because we were making deals trying to get a win now team and players who we thought would put us over the hump... It just so happens it never worked and we terrible all the time, but it certainly wasen't supposed to be like that especially with the Eddy Curry Zach Randoloph and Steph Marburys coming in....

Do u guys think theres any chance we could trade Amare for even alot less of a return this offseason? Maybe pay alittle of his contract and get a mid 1st or something? Or are we truly stuck with him for the next few yrs?

Are u guys super stoked to watch sundays game against Ok City? That is gonna be awesome!

i personally never had any high expectations for the knicks until recently. when we signed amare i thought the team would be decent, which it was, due to amare beasting night in, night out. the trade for melo raised my expectations a lot. i thought we had a good chance to upset boston that year and we should have won the first 2 games on the road. billups and amare getting hurt really sucked. the lockout kinda messed up the next year along with more injuries and dantoni being a bad coach. ever since woodson took over, the way the team played has made me a believer that we can be a legit team. are we gonna win a title? who knows, it will likely take some luck but at least we have some sort of a chance. you couldn't say that about the knicks since the ewing days.

this season has been very entertaining. the downs just make the ups that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    The knicks are offically playing like they did the first month of the season.. 10 in a row is really something and its amazing how bad mediocre they looked for so long, and to turn around, and look great again outta nowhere... The heart and desire is the biggest noticable thing.. They again are playing defense like they did the first month of the yr, and guys really look to be having fun, and it shows in the results..

I have said all along i want ATL in rd1, as i like the way we match up with em, and last night showed why yet again...
    I credit Woody...if only he'd lock in to consistent defending though.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

I mean, Amar'e kinda keynoted this "resurgence," so I kind have loyalty to him in that sense.

Going forward I kinda hope we get legit Bigs to control the low-post and even out the attack.

All I want is for our guys to get to the 2nd round, and "build" off of that.

(Hell the Yankees got me really depressed and a dramitically changed Giants Team has me wondering)

If the Knicks can build/ re-build into something solid and lasting, I may have found a way to cope with the sagging BX Bombers...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    i personally never had any high expectations for the knicks until recently. when we signed amare i thought the team would be decent, which it was, due to amare beasting night in, night out. the trade for melo raised my expectations a lot. i thought we had a good chance to upset boston that year and we should have won the first 2 games on the road. billups and amare getting hurt really sucked. the lockout kinda messed up the next year along with more injuries and dantoni being a bad coach. ever since woodson took over, the way the team played has made me a believer that we can be a legit team. are we gonna win a title? who knows, it will likely take some luck but at least we have some sort of a chance. you couldn't say that about the knicks since the ewing days.

this season has been very entertaining. the downs just make the ups that much better.
    Its to bad Amare isnt an All Star interior PF. With JR and Melo playing this well 1 more guy might be enough to do it. Chris Paul is a FA isnt he.Could he force his way to NY? If we had Lin we might of been able to put together a trade if he forced them 2.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-05-2013 at 08:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread