+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 491 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 4909
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2088 View Post
    Is anyone else worried about a first round matchup with Boston? I know we beat them thrice this year, but just the thought of KG getting under Melo's skin worries me
    Melo is playing way too hot right now to be worrying about what KG has to say.

Let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    How come more people aren't giving there kudos to the King? Bernard King gets into HOF! The king!
    salute.

during his run I was a very young kid so i don't have "memories" of him if you understand what I mean.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

He wasen't having a piss poor game or anything, but ya, he started to miss some in the 4th, before making those huge ones down the stretch.. I watched every second of the game, and it was a nice mixture of scoring by everyone for awhile, and JR was like 3-8 or something to start, which isn't horrible... Melo started bad as well, like 2-7 or something, but guys like KIDD, Prigioni, Felton, Copeland, and Novak stepped up in that first half, and really shouldered the load...
    I think he was at 5-16 before those 2 jumpers

Oh, i thought u meant we didn't get any front court production, u mean with no regular front court players??lol My bad! Cope and Chandler stepped up for us, and we tore up the offensive rebounds, and are guards rebounded well also.. There was a ton of guys getting 2offensive rebounds in a row and then putting it up and in, which Felton did himself once... All around great performance..

Chris Copeland and J.Kidd were MVP of 1st half, and MELO was MVP of 2nd half, and we had a ton of solid games besides that...
    They have pushed through. I expected a lot more from Marcus Camby this season. Maybe ha can still give them some playoff minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    They have pushed through. I expected a lot more from Marcus Camby this season. Maybe ha can still give them some playoff minutes
    U did? I freaking thought Camby was the best off season signing as far as 2nd tier players go...lol I really thought we had found the equalizer for when Chandler was off the floor, and another inside pressence that could keep teams from going to the rim at will when Chandler was outta the game , and help keep teams outside shooting, while also another guy who is a tremendous rebounder, who can help on the offensive glass...

My expectations for Camby were through the roof! Albeit, i loved the kidd signing and raved about Copeland during the preseason, so i wasen't wrong on everything..lol

I think he was at 5-16 before those 2 jumpers
    Ya, he missed a few during Ok Citys comeback, which is how they came back so quickly, as he missed like 3 shots in a few min span in the early 4th.. At one point he was like 5-13 before that which isn't to bad...

i feel like a big reason for the knicks resurgence other than the obvious which is melo being healthy and playing like an mvp, is that woodson opened up the rotation. there was a good chunk of the season where pablo got very few minutes and copeland would often not play at all. the injuries forced his hand to play the bench more and as they produced he began to trust them more. for most of the season i felt like he was playing a lot of guys too many minutes.

i found this pablo highlight that i know NYC will love

http://youtu.be/bS01aJPeOUU

^^ great video, love me some Pablo..

Im getting upset now. They better not insult the guy. Come out and offer him the max they can.Dont let him shop around if possible

First off, it's important to note his salary situation. Because Smith has Early Bird Rights, the Knicks can pay him up to 175 percent of this season's salary, which is $2.8 million. That means the Knicks could offer him a contract for next season at about $5 million, and the agreement could be up to four years with standard raises.

However, another team with significant cap space can offer Smith a higher amount than $5.5 million, and the Knicks would be powerless to stop him from leaving. And since he's not restricted, meaning the Knicks have no control over his free agency, they won't be able to match any offer sheets to retain him.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-08-2013 at 06:21 AM.

Im getting upset now. They better not insult the guy. Come out and offer him the max they can.Dont let him shop around if possible

First off, it's important to note his salary situation. Because Smith has Early Bird Rights, the Knicks can pay him up to 175 percent of this season's salary, which is $2.8 million. That means the Knicks could offer him a contract for next season at about $5 million, and the agreement could be up to four years with standard raises.

However, another team with significant cap space can offer Smith a higher amount than $5.5 million, and the Knicks would be powerless to stop him from leaving. And since he's not restricted, meaning the Knicks have no control over his free agency, they won't be able to match any offer sheets to retain him.
    not sure what you mean by insult the guy. smith will likely sign another 1 year deal with us until we have his full bird rights. why are you so concerned about an offseason issue?. JR isn't leaving the knicks. he owes a great deal of his success to woodson, his teammates and being around his family here in NY. he's not gonna leave for a little more to go to an uncertain situation on a losing team or a coach he doesn't know and teammates he isn't comfortable with.

even if he does end up leaving, which i highly doubt... why worry about it now?