+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 491 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 4909
  1. #1401
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    The signing doesn't hurt, but the team might still need to pick-up one more guy before the season is out. Maybe they'll consider bringing in Sims and cutting White to protect themselves in case Martin and Camby aren't ready.

    Our situation hasn't really changed since Singleton would be really undersized for center.
    They wont cut White because he has a non guaranteed contract. They can flip him in a trade in the offseason with a pick or player to add the salaries up

  2. #1402
    Starter Ny_STAT1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    123
    I know it does not hurt the team, but I just feel like we have not managed our team really well. like the knicks definitely waited too long to make Sheed get surgery on his foot.

  3. #1403
    Starter Ny_STAT1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    123
    According to this we might not sign Singelton at all and just keep Thomas.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...tart-at-center

  4. #1404
    Quote Originally Posted by Ny_STAT1989 View Post
    I know it does not hurt the team, but I just feel like we have not managed our team really well. like the knicks definitely waited too long to make Sheed get surgery on his foot.
    i agree with this. if sheed got surgery right away he'd be back by now i think.

  5. #1405
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    It's an OK addition, but it doesn't really fill the void at center the team has right now, that's a much bigger need than another foward. Melo and Copeland can pretty much take all the minutes at power foward so while Singleton is probably a better player than anyone on the market, he doesn't really fit what the knicks need.

    Right now Copeland is probably going to start at center against the Bulls tonight.
    we play small so we don't need a true center. we started our streak with kmart at the 5 and no backup 5. singleton is like a poor man's kmart, he plays like a big.

  6. #1406
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    we play small so we don't need a true center. we started our streak with kmart at the 5 and no backup 5. singleton is like a poor man's kmart, he plays like a big.
    That's true, but also remember that during the streak the only team we've played that have big men that are really involved with the offense is Memphis, and that required a shooting streak that is not sustainable in the playoffs.

    I'm confident that Kmart could handle Garnett in rd 1, but when we start running into teams like the pacers, bulls and nets that don't have a bunch of stiffs at the center spot, it's going to cause issues.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

  7. #1407
    Starter Ny_STAT1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    123
    Plus Gasol was hurt in that game. But like you said against teams like the bulls, pacers and nets we will need our big guys to help. I honestly will be shocked if we beat the bulls today with Cope and Novak at the 5 today

  8. #1408
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    That's true, but also remember that during the streak the only team we've played that have big men that are really involved with the offense is Memphis, and that required a shooting streak that is not sustainable in the playoffs.

    I'm confident that Kmart could handle Garnett in rd 1, but when we start running into teams like the pacers, bulls and nets that don't have a bunch of stiffs at the center spot, it's going to cause issues.
    hopefully by the 2nd round we have not only tyson and kmart healthy but possibly amare or sheed.

  9. #1409
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    29,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    31 is young for the knicks
    I said compared to Kurt Thomas.. BUt regardless i'm 31, and trust me i'm not young, nor feel it...lol

  10. #1410
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    26,278
    This game is taking forever to start, it seems.
    Uh..go Giants?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts