+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 491 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 4909
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    The signing doesn't hurt, but the team might still need to pick-up one more guy before the season is out. Maybe they'll consider bringing in Sims and cutting White to protect themselves in case Martin and Camby aren't ready.

Our situation hasn't really changed since Singleton would be really undersized for center.
    They wont cut White because he has a non guaranteed contract. They can flip him in a trade in the offseason with a pick or player to add the salaries up

I know it does not hurt the team, but I just feel like we have not managed our team really well. like the knicks definitely waited too long to make Sheed get surgery on his foot.

According to this we might not sign Singelton at all and just keep Thomas.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...tart-at-center

Quote Originally Posted by Ny_STAT1989 View Post
    I know it does not hurt the team, but I just feel like we have not managed our team really well. like the knicks definitely waited too long to make Sheed get surgery on his foot.
    i agree with this. if sheed got surgery right away he'd be back by now i think.

It's an OK addition, but it doesn't really fill the void at center the team has right now, that's a much bigger need than another foward. Melo and Copeland can pretty much take all the minutes at power foward so while Singleton is probably a better player than anyone on the market, he doesn't really fit what the knicks need.

Right now Copeland is probably going to start at center against the Bulls tonight.
    we play small so we don't need a true center. we started our streak with kmart at the 5 and no backup 5. singleton is like a poor man's kmart, he plays like a big.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    we play small so we don't need a true center. we started our streak with kmart at the 5 and no backup 5. singleton is like a poor man's kmart, he plays like a big.
    That's true, but also remember that during the streak the only team we've played that have big men that are really involved with the offense is Memphis, and that required a shooting streak that is not sustainable in the playoffs.

I'm confident that Kmart could handle Garnett in rd 1, but when we start running into teams like the pacers, bulls and nets that don't have a bunch of stiffs at the center spot, it's going to cause issues.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Plus Gasol was hurt in that game. But like you said against teams like the bulls, pacers and nets we will need our big guys to help. I honestly will be shocked if we beat the bulls today with Cope and Novak at the 5 today

That's true, but also remember that during the streak the only team we've played that have big men that are really involved with the offense is Memphis, and that required a shooting streak that is not sustainable in the playoffs.

I'm confident that Kmart could handle Garnett in rd 1, but when we start running into teams like the pacers, bulls and nets that don't have a bunch of stiffs at the center spot, it's going to cause issues.
    hopefully by the 2nd round we have not only tyson and kmart healthy but possibly amare or sheed.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    31 is young for the knicks
    I said compared to Kurt Thomas.. BUt regardless i'm 31, and trust me i'm not young, nor feel it...lol

This game is taking forever to start, it seems.
    Uh..go Giants?