+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 491 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Lol Bulls beat us, then turn around and lose to the Craptors..
    look at their wins and losses throughout their schedule. that is the norm for them. get up to play the good teams and then stink it up and lose against bad teams.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    look at their wins and losses throughout their schedule. that is the norm for them. get up to play the good teams and then stink it up and lose against bad teams.
    Sounds like the Giants.

Let's go.

someone tell mike and mike that melo went against one of the best defenses in the league and simply missed shots he normally makes due to fatigue from playing center most of the game. then explain to him that durant played against one of the worst defenses in golden state, with a fully healthy thunder roster. i never listen to sports radio because they're a bunch of clowns for the most part that just say things to get attention and more listeners.

anyways i read that the knicks signed solomon jones.
    Ya, its ridiculous! How do u not bring up the competiton of the team they were each playing and the most recent string of games Melo had been on, it was ridiculous to even focus on last night shooting pct for melo..

Mad funny, that right away, melo comes right back and goes for 31 on 50pct shooting, again with insane ifficency..lol It wasen't even only Mike and Mike that were talking about it , that moron Colin Cowart was a guest and was talking about what was gonna be coming up on his show, and he brought up they were gonna look into melo's big game, basically he insinuated he was gonna talk about how many shots it took to get the 36 and they were making fun of the amount of passes he made that game...etc They won't even mention the fact that if anything, during this streak, the shooting pct for Melo was outta the ordinary against the Bullls, and the norm is what he did agianst Clevland tonight.. I mean, Kobe has a ton of ridiculous shooting games where it takes a ton of shots to get to his pt total, and yet that dosen't count?

Veteran
    i dont think nate has that type of game against any other team. i'm sure he was extra motivated cause he was playing his former team. he has had similar performances earlier this season against the knicks.

Sounds like the Giants.
    to be fair, of the giants 7 losses last season, the eagles were the only "bad team" but they were playing well early in the year when we lost to them. the cowboys and steelers weren't good last year but not horrible. but yea the giants do have a tendency to do that over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, its ridiculous! How do u not bring up the competiton of the team they were each playing and the most recent string of games Melo had been on, it was ridiculous to even focus on last night shooting pct for melo..

Mad funny, that right away, melo comes right back and goes for 31 on 50pct shooting, again with insane ifficency..lol It wasen't even only Mike and Mike that were talking about it , that moron Colin Cowart was a guest and was talking about what was gonna be coming up on his show, and he brought up they were gonna look into melo's big game, basically he insinuated he was gonna talk about how many shots it took to get the 36 and they were making fun of the amount of passes he made that game...etc They won't even mention the fact that if anything, during this streak, the shooting pct for Melo was outta the ordinary against the Bullls, and the norm is what he did agianst Clevland tonight.. I mean, Kobe has a ton of ridiculous shooting games where it takes a ton of shots to get to his pt total, and yet that dosen't count?
    cowart is a well known melo hater. he constantly references melo not getting out of the first round and not being able to win a championship despite playing with jr smith (he literally said this... even though this is the first good year of JR's career pretty much)

melo does have a tendency to score inefficiently compared to guys like lebron and durant that get way more easy buckets. lebron is a freak athlete that slashes to the paint and defenders get out of the way. durant slashes to the paint and automatically gets 2 free throws. melo isn't a guy that lives off transition dunks or easy blow by layups.

there has been plenty of games this year where melo deserved criticism for chucking too much and being inefficient. but calling him out for the bulls game where he had like 18 rebounds and played center most of the game, and comparing it to durant who breezed to an easy blowout win is a joke.

lol SMmfH

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

to be fair, of the giants 7 losses last season, the eagles were the only "bad team" but they were playing well early in the year when we lost to them. the cowboys and steelers weren't good last year but not horrible. but yea the giants do have a tendency to do that over the years.cowart is a well known melo hater. he constantly references melo not getting out of the first round and not being able to win a championship despite playing with jr smith (he literally said this... even though this is the first good year of JR's career pretty much)

melo does have a tendency to score inefficiently compared to guys like lebron and durant that get way more easy buckets. lebron is a freak athlete that slashes to the paint and defenders get out of the way. durant slashes to the paint and automatically gets 2 free throws. melo isn't a guy that lives off transition dunks or easy blow by layups.

there has been plenty of games this year where melo deserved criticism for chucking too much and being inefficient. but calling him out for the bulls game where he had like 18 rebounds and played center most of the game, and comparing it to durant who breezed to an easy blowout win is a joke.
    Durant has had quite a few bad shooting games in his own right.. And theres no doubt, melo is more like Kobe then he is Durant or Lebron for that matter, as hes the scorer, and dosen't have a top 10player by his side as well as a top 20player on the front court, and when Lebron played for Clevland, he had alot more games where he had to shoot and score , and hence, worse shooting nights... It happens when ur the focal point of ones offense.. The timing of it all is what baffled me, because of how ridicuously efficent hes been over a decent stretch, and again, bouncing right back with a ridiculous 50pct on 24shots last night.. Hes had like 1 not efficent game shooting in like his last 10-15 or so for godsake...

Melo gets a pass from me... the injuries of other key guys, especially the Bigs matters more to me.

Also whoever mentioned Pablo for Kidd swapping was dead on...

From the beginning of this Season we all witnessed the teams that played more physical and/or had athletic Bigs would give us fits.

(Miami is not really a Big team either for that matter.)

The Season/ Post-Season's not over yet, but Woody has to figure out a way to continue creating mis-matches. Hopefully KMart, Tyson and Jones will be ready to roll. I like Copeland but as of now he's better off the bench. I hope we get Sheed back in time for the Run.

If these Bigs shake-out, we just might be okay as we'll have more balance.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Im not going to relax until I know the Knicks wont play them. When the Knicks started 18-5 I thought it would be so Knicks if they won 60 games but 2 weeks before the regular season ended Derrick Rose returned and the Knicks had to play the Bulls in the 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Durant has had quite a few bad shooting games in his own right.. And theres no doubt, melo is more like Kobe then he is Durant or Lebron for that matter, as hes the scorer, and dosen't have a top 10player by his side as well as a top 20player on the front court, and when Lebron played for Clevland, he had alot more games where he had to shoot and score , and hence, worse shooting nights... It happens when ur the focal point of ones offense.. The timing of it all is what baffled me, because of how ridicuously efficent hes been over a decent stretch, and again, bouncing right back with a ridiculous 50pct on 24shots last night.. Hes had like 1 not efficent game shooting in like his last 10-15 or so for godsake...
    The last 10 he has been on fire.
    I dont know if u guys heard this but I was driving back from an appointment and Stephen A was talking about Melo. He told this story that Carmelo was staying at Michael Jordans house for some Nike thing and Jordan came to Carmelo's room at 3:00 AM and told him to come to the Basketball Court. Carmelo told Stephen A that Jordan showed him some things that made Carmelo believe that he could never be stopped on offense. He wouldnt tell Stephen A what they were but he said if he missed a shot it wasnt anything the defender did it was just him missing the shot.
    I was laughing while listening to this like Jordan was Yoda or something teaching him how to use the force.

+ Reply to Thread