+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 491 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    This is a above-average thru good team. Their low Turnover stat is great and their Offensive capabilities mean they are never quite finished.

My primary concerns are:

1) Lack of points in the paint
    2) Mediocre Defense

I believe these two main reasons will keep us from getting out of the 1st round of playoffs.

Perhaps Amar'e will bring more points in the Paint, but I think we need 1 or 2 more key guys to bring what is missing from this Team.

This Team can be a Offensive Juggernaut but soft D will hold us back. They have the makings to be that hard-nosed Team but I think they favor Offense over Defense in the end.
    Last edited by giantyankee1976; 12-28-2012 at 02:44 PM.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Chris Copeland is really looking good.. What a huge additon.. Reminds me of a Jerry Reese esque type under the radar off the scrap heap type pick.. I meantioned in this thread liking him in the preseason, and so far hes making me look good.. I love the big guys who can shoot it from outside..

Ugly lazy defensive 1st qter for under manned knicks tonight vs sacramento.. Hopefully they realize they got 3days off after this, and just grit it out and get the win and get rested up.. Would be a painful loss, regardless of injuries.. Novak really needs to step up tonight...

Amar'e, Carmelo, and felton need to come back quick.
    ​​​

On to the next game, and hopefully the return of Stoudemire.
    ​​​

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    This is a above-average thru good team. Their low Turnover stat is great and their Offensive capabilities mean they are never quite finished.

My primary concerns are:

2) Mediocre Defense

I believe these two main reasons will keep us from getting out of the 1st round of playoffs.

Perhaps Amar'e will bring more points in the Paint, but I think we need 1 or 2 more key guys to bring what is missing from this Team.

This Team can be a Offensive Juggernaut but soft D will hold us back. They have the makings to be that hard-nosed Team but I think they favor Offense over Defense in the end.
    The team has plenty of good defenders they will be fine. Im worried about the health of this team more then anything. They need the full roster if thay are going to have a shot. I think they get out of the 1st round after that not so sure

Health goes without saying. Be it the average "age" or just day-to-day readiness (Melo.)
    As to Defense, I can only go off what I've seen.

like NYCSportz said at times they seem lazy and ho-hum, at others they are amped up. (Tyson)

And I do want to see more of a balance between mid-range and in-the-paint scoring...

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post

My primary concerns are:

2) Mediocre Defense

I think Amare will help with one, and Shump will certainly help with the other. Even if Amare becomes a 12-14ppg player, it'll add a more consistent punch without hampering Melo.

That's what I hope, but I am trying to be realistic about both coming back from significant injuries as well...

...Been a long time for me where I can enjoy BOTH pro and college hoops at the same time LOL

I was on the verge of enjoying the four teams in your sig. But damn NHL lockout and Yanks and Giants getting late season diarrhea screwed that pooch.