Seriously, u have to be in middle school to think thats a good idea and actually go through with it.. Like, who came up with that, and were they like "thats a great idea!!!"..lol Grow up!!!
Also, its commonsense that theres a sensitivtiy to funerals and boston right now.. If u gotta do something like that, then just all shave ur heads or something... These aren't 10yr old boys, they know whats going on in the world right now, and what will be considered tasteful and tasteless.... It was completely tasteless, in every regard.. Oh, and it certainly didn't bring em together if that was the ultimate goal, as they looked about as bad as i seen a team look this yr..
U know a team u will never see do something like that? The san antonio spurs.. I wonder why?
It was just a bush league, no class move. And that's before you consider what's happened in Boston over the past few weeks.
Hopefully for them, they will learn from it and be able to move on.
"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi
I just wish it was tommorow, because i'm very eager to see how the knicks come out in boston.. No yanks or knicks tonight, makes for a boring night.
Now that I have calmed down, here are some thoughts.
Oh, before that. Guess who was partying on Monday night? J.R. Smith The guy who apparently has his head on straight.
Anyway, key notes:
-Win. If the Knick do not beat the Celtics in game 6, then I am giving them a 25% chance to win game 7. Not 50%, a 25% chance.
-The Boston Celtics. They are not a better team, but they are mentally stronger than the Knicks. They now know how to close out games, and bury the Knicks.
-Carmelo Anthony. I love you, you are a phenomenal scorer..but you are nothing else, and that is a problem. All you do is score. You do not play defense, you do not facilitate, you rebound on occasion, but that is about it. You need to change your game, because the Celtics changed theirs. You CANNOT take 25+ shots a game. That is ridiculous. That is not moving the ball, and not moving the ball is not helping this team. You MUST do something different, because they are playing you differently. They want you to take that many shots, you need to learn to pass.
-Mike Woodson. Why on God's green earth would you let them get their heads that big? Are you kidding me? You now have an undisciplined team. They WERE disciplined on their 13 game win streak. They were disciplined when they went up 3-0. Thennnn all of a sudden they are talking trash, swiping elbows at players IN THE PLAYOFFS, and wearing black to symbolize going to a funeral. How pathetic. You were outcoached the last two games and you did NOTHING to your game plan. No adjustments. Melo is still going iso, why? No offense, but are you that stupid? You're literally playing into Doc River's game plan, but ok. How about Copeland? J.R. Smith was so bad last night, I started laughing. TELL HIM TO SIT OUT. Instead, you let him jack up shot after shot after shot..which leads me to my next point...
-Why aren't we scoring in the paint unless it's Raymond Felton? Now...I'm pretty sure J.R. Smith has resurrected his career by playing lights out this year. One of the reasons being he is driving to the basket. Yesterday, was the exact opposite. Pull back jumper..miss...pull back jumper..miss..Not attacking the basket as he should. Not just J.R. I love Kidd, but he is scared to drive...I know he's old but what are you still playing for? We needed those two points. Prig? Love that guy, but that one play where he was literally right in front of the basket and turned around and passed it to MELO was disgraceful. "Uh uh HERE MELO SHOOT!" as if we need more of him shooting.
This seems like a rant, and I guess it is in a way. We play better than this..everyone knows we play better than this. All I can say is..THEY have to want it, Boston wants it, doesn't look like the Knicks do. I hope they win game 6, they must win game 6.
I grew up a fan in what feels like a diffrent time i guess, even though it was only the 90's, so to me, its hard to deal with some of the stuff that these athletes do now..
The knicks just don't get it.. It was a stupid thing to do.. Go close the freaking door! Now if the Knicks do somehow lose the series, we'll have to hear about the idiot funeral thing as well as blowing the lead forever..