+ Reply to Thread
Page 269 of 491 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 4909
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    These last 2 games have proven that....scoring title notwithstanding, Carmelo Anthony comes up very small in big games..... and it's the single biggest reason why he doesn't deserve to be talked about even in the same sentence as Lebron!
    Lebron simply ramps it up to a higher notch in big games while Carmelo shrinks and disappears.
    This is nothing more than the chickens coming home to roost. The Knicks have begun to play Knicks basketball again and thats not a good thing at all.
    Living and dying by the 3 pointer and zero defense!
    lebron choked his first 2 finals. no one says melo is as good as lebron so i'm not sure why this is even brought up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    How friggin bush league are the Knicks with the black suits?

They might look across the court and see what professionals look like.
    They embarrassed themselves last night. Can you imaging Dave Debusschere and Bill Bradley dressing in black to show the "Boston funeral"?
    What a bunch of punks!
    2007 giants

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Huh? Did they wear black suits because of the Boston bombings? I doubt it. I have seen many teams wear all black before. Who cares. The reason they lost is because Melo is not shooting well yet still shooting 30 shots a game. In fact, no one was shooting well outside of Felton. JR Smith was off too. They need to stop with the jump shot BS and drive the lane. Get KG and PP in foul trouble early.
    Did they wear black suits because of the boston bombing??lol Does it matter? It'd be a childish act is there wasen't a bombing in that city 15days ago, its just that much more tasteless that something to that caliber did happen 15days ago is all..

Seriously, u have to be in middle school to think thats a good idea and actually go through with it.. Like, who came up with that, and were they like "thats a great idea!!!"..lol Grow up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Did they wear black suits because of the boston bombing??lol Does it matter? It'd be a childish act is there wasen't a bombing in that city 15days ago, its just that much more tasteless that something to that caliber did happen 15days ago is all..

Seriously, u have to be in middle school to think thats a good idea and actually go through with it.. Like, who came up with that, and were they like "thats a great idea!!!"..lol Grow up!!!
    Apparently Kenyon Martin did.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    The Giants did this for SB42 I believe.
    I don't remember the giants dressing in all black talking about going to a funeral before the SB in 2007..lol

Also, its commonsense that theres a sensitivtiy to funerals and boston right now.. If u gotta do something like that, then just all shave ur heads or something... These aren't 10yr old boys, they know whats going on in the world right now, and what will be considered tasteful and tasteless.... It was completely tasteless, in every regard.. Oh, and it certainly didn't bring em together if that was the ultimate goal, as they looked about as bad as i seen a team look this yr..

U know a team u will never see do something like that? The san antonio spurs.. I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Apparently Kenyon Martin did.
    I just wish they'd play ball and let there play do the talking.. What happened to showing up teams on the court with your play? Go call out Michael Jordans bulls teams, and he'd show u up by going for 50plus and destroying your team.. That is the ultimate show ur team up..

I don't remember the giants dressing in all black talking about going to a funeral before the SB in 2007..lol

Also, its commonsense that theres a sensitivtiy to funerals and boston right now.. If u gotta do something like that, then just all shave ur heads or something... These aren't 10yr old boys, they know whats going on in the world right now, and what will be considered tasteful and tasteless.... It was completely tasteless, in every regard.. Oh, and it certainly didn't bring em together if that was the ultimate goal, as they looked about as bad as i seen a team look this yr..

U know a team u will never see do something like that? The san antonio spurs.. I wonder why?
    I'm with you on this. And I promise you, I do NOT hate the Knicks at all. Walt Frazier was one of my all time NBA heros.
    It was just a bush league, no class move. And that's before you consider what's happened in Boston over the past few weeks.
    Hopefully for them, they will learn from it and be able to move on.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I just wish it was tommorow, because i'm very eager to see how the knicks come out in boston.. No yanks or knicks tonight, makes for a boring night.

Now that I have calmed down, here are some thoughts.

Oh, before that. Guess who was partying on Monday night? J.R. Smith The guy who apparently has his head on straight.

Anyway, key notes:
    -Win. If the Knick do not beat the Celtics in game 6, then I am giving them a 25% chance to win game 7. Not 50%, a 25% chance.
    -The Boston Celtics. They are not a better team, but they are mentally stronger than the Knicks. They now know how to close out games, and bury the Knicks.
    -Carmelo Anthony. I love you, you are a phenomenal scorer..but you are nothing else, and that is a problem. All you do is score. You do not play defense, you do not facilitate, you rebound on occasion, but that is about it. You need to change your game, because the Celtics changed theirs. You CANNOT take 25+ shots a game. That is ridiculous. That is not moving the ball, and not moving the ball is not helping this team. You MUST do something different, because they are playing you differently. They want you to take that many shots, you need to learn to pass.
    -Mike Woodson. Why on God's green earth would you let them get their heads that big? Are you kidding me? You now have an undisciplined team. They WERE disciplined on their 13 game win streak. They were disciplined when they went up 3-0. Thennnn all of a sudden they are talking trash, swiping elbows at players IN THE PLAYOFFS, and wearing black to symbolize going to a funeral. How pathetic. You were outcoached the last two games and you did NOTHING to your game plan. No adjustments. Melo is still going iso, why? No offense, but are you that stupid? You're literally playing into Doc River's game plan, but ok. How about Copeland? J.R. Smith was so bad last night, I started laughing. TELL HIM TO SIT OUT. Instead, you let him jack up shot after shot after shot..which leads me to my next point...
    -Why aren't we scoring in the paint unless it's Raymond Felton? Now...I'm pretty sure J.R. Smith has resurrected his career by playing lights out this year. One of the reasons being he is driving to the basket. Yesterday, was the exact opposite. Pull back jumper..miss...pull back jumper..miss..Not attacking the basket as he should. Not just J.R. I love Kidd, but he is scared to drive...I know he's old but what are you still playing for? We needed those two points. Prig? Love that guy, but that one play where he was literally right in front of the basket and turned around and passed it to MELO was disgraceful. "Uh uh HERE MELO SHOOT!" as if we need more of him shooting.

This seems like a rant, and I guess it is in a way. We play better than this..everyone knows we play better than this. All I can say is..THEY have to want it, Boston wants it, doesn't look like the Knicks do. I hope they win game 6, they must win game 6.

I just wish it was tommorow, because i'm very eager to see how the knicks come out in boston.. No yanks or knicks tonight, makes for a boring night.
    As a Celtics fan who understand how undermanned we are without Rondo, I think the Knicks will win on Friday.
    But my team is made up of some tough pros.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm with you on this. And I promise you, I do NOT hate the Knicks at all. Walt Frazier was one of my all time NBA heros.
    It was just a bush league, no class move. And that's before you consider what's happened in Boston over the past few weeks.
    Hopefully for them, they will learn from it and be able to move on.
    Ya, I hate all Boston teams as u know, but it dosen't change the fact, i'm 30yrs old, and understand what is tasteful and what is tasteless.. I just can't get through my head how the knicks thought that would be a good idea is all?

I grew up a fan in what feels like a diffrent time i guess, even though it was only the 90's, so to me, its hard to deal with some of the stuff that these athletes do now..

The knicks just don't get it.. It was a stupid thing to do.. Go close the freaking door! Now if the Knicks do somehow lose the series, we'll have to hear about the idiot funeral thing as well as blowing the lead forever..