+ Reply to Thread
Page 323 of 491 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    the knicks offense during that streak composed of copleland playing center and going off against unsuspecting teams. also JR was routinely scoring 30 points on 15 shots. none of that is gonna happen in the playoffs.

kidd is done. yet woody still plays him hoping his 40 year old legs will somehow turn it around. shump should be on the court nearly every minute and pablo should get all of kidd's minutes.

knicks defense has not been bad through these playoffs... this was the first really poor defensive/rebounding game so far.
    First month of the season, JR only avg'd 14pts per game, yet we scored 100plus 12times and 99 another game... Shoot, there were games we were scoring 104 and 108 and JR wasent even getting in the upper teens...

My biggest concern in this series and it's Chandler and here is why:

He is not aggressive. He just isn't. He looks good when he dunks..BRAVO.

This is a hustle team, and they are going to FIGHT for rebounds. The Celtics were one of the worst rebounding teams. This team is not the Celtics.
    Melo is playing like crap right now, but he will fight for that offensive rebound, and he had what..10 rebounds in this game? If you pass the ball low to him, forget it..he's going to lose the ball, or let you take it. He is NOT going to fight for it.

This team is going to have to play physical. Plain and simple, offensively and defensively. There's no way around it.

great summary Rudyy and that was what some of us complained about ALL season...lack of physicality especially down low in the Paint and rebounding...

Red Eye is dead on about his observations regarding Joakim Noah, who IMO is a top 5, maybe top 3 Big Man in this League and seems to get no praise from the "experts."

edit:

Watch this Bulls team play the Heat tonight, I guarentee that Thibs' mindset and personality is all over them; if anything I feel bad for D-Rose 'cause he is shifting into a "crybaby" status, and I think the kid is brilliant but...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    rebounding and defense did us in. complain about the offense all you want it's not why we lost.
    Carmelo and JR shot 14-43 the rest of the team 21-38. Offense is a huge problem when 2 guys dont pass and miss shots. Carmelo took 28 shots and had 1 assist this is why he gets ripped on.

Where is Tyson Chandler? Why is Melo the leading rebounder on the team. Didnt the Knicks go out and get this guy to be a Defensive stopper. If your 7'0 and u play 30 minutes hoe do u have 3 rebounds its a fing joke. Maybe Melo would have some more legs if this overpaid loser could pull his 12 million dollar weight. This guy is being paid to lead this team with Melo. We are going to rip Amare for lack of rebounding at least Amare can score. What the hell is CHandler doing on the floor if its not to rebound. If the Knicks lose this series and even if they dont I would try to move him in a trade, I think he is tradeable someone will give us a useful piece back for him.The guy is so overrated

1 other thing Kidd needs to be nailed to the bench. The guy has zero confidence and he is feeding into JR and Melo holding the ball. Why are they going to pass the ball when it goes around the arc to find him wide open and he refuses to shoot. When he came on the court in the 2nd quarter is when the bad habits started getting worse. The Ball movement was good enough up until about 4:00 left in the 1st half.Right now Prigs and Shump need to eat up the rest of Kidds minutes. Right now Prigs and Felton are playing the best basketball on the team
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 05-06-2013 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Carmelo and JR shot 14-43 the rest of the team 21-38. Offense is a huge problem when 2 guys dont pass and miss shots. Carmelo took 28 shots and had 1 assist this is why he gets ripped on.

Where is Tyson Chandler? Why is Melo the leading rebounder on the team. Didnt the Knicks go out and get this guy to be a Defensive stopper. If your 7'0 and u play 30 minutes hoe do u have 3 rebounds its a fing joke. Maybe Melo would have some more legs if this overpaid loser could pull his 12 million dollar weight. This guy is being paid to lead this team with Melo. We are going to rip Amare for lack of rebounding at least Amare can score. What the hell is CHandler doing on the floor if its not to rebound. If the Knicks lose this series and even if they dont I would try to move him in a trade, I think he is tradeable someone will give us a useful piece back for him.The guy is so overrated

1 other thing Kidd needs to be nailed to the bench. The guy has zero confidence and he is feeding into JR and Melo holding the ball. Why are they going to pass the ball when it goes around the arc to find him wide open and he refuses to shoot. When he came on the court in the 2nd quarter is when the bad habits started getting worse. The Ball movement was good enough up until about 4:00 left in the 1st half.Right now Prigs and Shump need to eat up the rest of Kidds minutes. Right now Prigs and Felton are playing the best basketball on the team
    Kidd has been abysmal this postseason.. People act like we don't need Chandler, Kidd, or Prig to score, but we do need some production outta em.. I brought up a graphic how we scored 100plus pts 12times and 99once the first month of the season when JR Smith only avg'd 14pts a game, and that was becasue guys like Kidd and Co. were scoring from time to time... Were not getting production outta Novak anymore, so it's even more paramount, that we get something offensively outta Kidd, Chandler, and Prigioni... Kidd can't even make a layup right now, and he should just retire after this yr, he hasen't scored in like 5or6 straight games..

Obviously offense is a huge problem right now, were a scoring team and were not scoring.. sure, we scored in the 4th yesterday, but that was when the deficit was to big and yes, hopefully that will give the knicks a idea of how they must play for 4qters, but for anyone who thinks this offense isn't a huge issue, is sadly mistaken..

Oh my god, have u guys seen the schedule for this series???lol What a joke. We play tommorow, then have 3days off, play saturday, then have 2days off and play again..lol That is seriously the dumbest thing i've ever heard of...

Woodson has to play Melo at the 3 in this series. He cant be expected to defend these guys down low. Start Chandler and Martin together up front and expand the rotation to include Camby and Copeland.

Chandler

Martin

Melo

Shumpert

Felton

the 2nd unit u can bring in JR,Prigs and Camby preferably or Copeland.We cant play small against the Pacers its going to get Melo in foul trouble.We have to win Game 2. Im confident we can win 1 in Indiana but we can not lose Game 2.I know Woodson will stick with his rotation and we will continue to get *** blasted on the boards. Are only other option is to play small and pray Melo and JR get hot but with Melo injured thats not likely
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 05-06-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Woodson has to play Melo at the 3 in this series. He cant be expected to defend these guys down low. Start Chandler and Martin together up front and expand the rotation to include Camby and Copeland. ChandlerMartinMeloShumpertFeltonthe 2nd unit u can bring in JR,Prigs and Camby preferably or Copeland.We cant play small against the Pacers its going to get Melo in foul trouble.We have to win Game 2. Im confident we can win 1 in Indiana but we can not lose Game 2.I know Woodson will stick with his rotation and we will continue to get *** blasted on the boards
    Did you watch First Take this morning? Stephen A said the same exact thing, and I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Did you watch First Take this morning? Stephen A said the same exact thing, and I agree.
    No I didnt see it but we cant have Melo trying to guard those bigs. We cant have Melo banging down low with a strength mismatch trying to get rebounds then expect him to carry the offense its not going to happen. We need Amare to get on the court. We need his size

No I didnt see it but we cant have Melo trying to guard those bigs. We cant have Melo banging down low with a strength mismatch trying to get rebounds then expect him to carry the offense its not going to happen. We need Amare to get on the court. We need his size
    I'm still iffy on Amar'e because he really cannot defend, but he does have size...who knows?

I'm sorry, but Melo can't play center and small forward. Chandler, step your game up. He even said he has to play more aggressive.

Another thing is Prig and Kidd are afraid to attack the basket, and that is KILLING us..the only players that are getting to the hoop are Shumpert and Felton.

+ Reply to Thread