+ Reply to Thread
Page 324 of 491 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 4909
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Like i said, during the streak, and to start the yr at 18-3, which had nothing to do with Copeland.. Its a big enough sample size to realize its how were capable of playing and not some 5game means nothing type stat.. We moved the ball, and we also pushed tempo, just like they did in the 4th qter today being down, but we were doing that every game from start to finish.. Guys were slashing, moving, driving and kicking out...etc Now, its a slow and sluggish offense, that even when we shoot 53pct(like most of 1st half), were still not scoring a ton of points and opening a big lead, because its taking so long to get those points, always very late in the shot clock, and keeps teams close despite shooting so well..

This team can beat anyone on any given day when they play uptempo on offense, and unselfish...
    kidd, brewer and JR were all shooting over 50% from 3 to start the year. all the haters said it wasn't sustainable, and they were right.

not only that, it's as if you forget how many of those games went. during that stretch we were often losing at half time to mediocre teams, but then put the clamps down in the 2nd half or 4th quarter to win the game. also i believe we had one of the easiest schedules to start the year.
    First month of the season, JR only avg'd 14pts per game, yet we scored 100plus 12times and 99 another game... Shoot, there were games we were scoring 104 and 108 and JR wasent even getting in the upper teens...
    JR, kidd and brewer were lights out from downtown. i agree we were playing better ball but a lot of it is guys just missing shots now. JR has missed a ton of good wide open looks. same thing with melo. it's as if they're choking under the pressure of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Carmelo and JR shot 14-43 the rest of the team 21-38. Offense is a huge problem when 2 guys dont pass and miss shots. Carmelo took 28 shots and had 1 assist this is why he gets ripped on.

Where is Tyson Chandler? Why is Melo the leading rebounder on the team. Didnt the Knicks go out and get this guy to be a Defensive stopper. If your 7'0 and u play 30 minutes hoe do u have 3 rebounds its a fing joke. Maybe Melo would have some more legs if this overpaid loser could pull his 12 million dollar weight. This guy is being paid to lead this team with Melo. We are going to rip Amare for lack of rebounding at least Amare can score. What the hell is CHandler doing on the floor if its not to rebound. If the Knicks lose this series and even if they dont I would try to move him in a trade, I think he is tradeable someone will give us a useful piece back for him.The guy is so overrated

1 other thing Kidd needs to be nailed to the bench. The guy has zero confidence and he is feeding into JR and Melo holding the ball. Why are they going to pass the ball when it goes around the arc to find him wide open and he refuses to shoot. When he came on the court in the 2nd quarter is when the bad habits started getting worse. The Ball movement was good enough up until about 4:00 left in the 1st half.Right now Prigs and Shump need to eat up the rest of Kidds minutes. Right now Prigs and Felton are playing the best basketball on the team
    melo's line looks a lot better if he gets half the calls he deserved. also his assists look better if guys he's passing to make shots.

i agree about chandler, but in his defense the pacers got a ton of long rebounds. he was boxing out his guy but no one else did their job to gang rebound. if i had to point to one reason the knicks lost game 1 it was 2nd chance points off offensive rebounds. lots of them were long to the middle of the court and they were just quicker to them.

the most disappointing thing is felton is playing great and it's going to waste. the way he's playing we should easily win if melo and JR shoot close to their season averages.. they've been the biggest busts so far in the playoffs but they still have time to turn it around.

knicks need to win 4 of the next 6 games, gonna be tough. we need amare back to add an efficient scoring option into the mix. how often did amare have bad shooting games? very rarely and even then he gets to the foul line. he can help take pressure off melo and JR.

please save us amare!

Awful basketball in heat/bulls game 1.. Just another awful NBA game, where guys do nothing but miss wideopen jumper after wideopen jumper... Dwayne Wade is so non chalont, hes had like 2or3 balls go outta bounds that he non chalontly tried catching with one hand... Some of these NBA games are just doo doo..lol

I have never seen such good players miss so many layups in my life.. What have Lebron, Wade, and those guys been doing during there time off? Just awful in every sense of the word.. U'd have a hard time finding a pickup game where guys miss more easy shots...

Veteran
    I have never seen such good players miss so many layups in my life.. What have Lebron, Wade, and those guys been doing during there time off? Just awful in every sense of the word.. U'd have a hard time finding a pickup game where guys miss more easy shots...
    sometimes long layoffs for a team in the playoffs in any sport isnt such a good thing.

mario chalmers has passed up about 5 wideopen layups to give it to a teammate and make them make a much harder shot.. What do some of these guys think of? U got a layup, why would u not take a layup to give a guy a long jumper?

mario chalmers has passed up about 5 wideopen layups to give it to a teammate and make them make a much harder shot.. What do some of these guys think of? U got a layup, why would u not take a layup to give a guy a long jumper?
    Remind you of anything?

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.56 View Post
    sometimes long layoffs for a team in the playoffs in any sport isnt such a good thing.
    THeres zero excuse to miss layups when u play basketball for a living.. Also, ur supposed to be the best team in the world.. Basketball is just watered down compared to how it used to be.. U rarley see a game thats not mistake filled... How do u play 80games, a playoff series, a gazillion practices, a preseason, and yet 5days off, and ur all ready forgotten how to play?

Chris Bosh sucks by the way.. Amare might always be hurt, but Bosh is the softest big there is in the league, and plays more like a guard then a big.. All he does is brick jumpers...

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Remind you of anything?
    It reminds me of not having much of a brain.. Between the refs and the players, its just bad.. I just watched the heat foul a guy with no time on the shot clock, or just a split second.. Why in the world would u do something so dumb?

NBA players need to stay in school for 4yrs before there allowed to come out.. Seriously, theres not a sport where school's needed more then the NBA..lol

It reminds me of not having much of a brain.. Between the refs and the players, its just bad.. I just watched the heat foul a guy with no time on the shot clock, or just a split second.. Why in the world would u do something so dumb? NBA players need to stay in school for 4yrs before there allowed to come out.. Seriously, theres not a sport where school's needed more then the NBA..lol
    They aren't stupid. They know the game of basketball well enough..missed layups and sloppiness is a part of the game. Some players make stupid mistakes, big freaking deal it happens.

Also, I wouldn't be bashing the Heat either since they have more wins than we do. So their stupidity has been at a minimum during the season.