+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 491 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

if we lost this game with melo playing like a god... thankfully we pulled it out...

chandler is such a bum on defense lately. some of the blame goes to felton who couldn't stay in front of teague all night... but chandler needs to play smarter and give much more effort.

the novak-melo-stat lineup is horrible too. don't know what woodson is thinking there... i guess he has little choice with camby and sheed hurt but i'd rather had kurt in there at the 4 and melo at the 3. or even brewer or someone defensive minded at the 3.

stat looks like he's regaining form. still not a good defender but he still grabs some boards and blocks some shots.

we needed this game bad. only one game behind miami now. we'd be the 1st seed right now if we won that philly game but it is what it is. our schedule is favorable coming up,.. only 1 team with a winning record in the next few games and most of them at home.

we need to get back on a streak... win these next few and get everyone playing together, get the chemistry better and hopefully camby or rasheed or both get healthy soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Wow, I can't believe it, we did it..lol A good bounce back after last nights embaressing game.. Still Defense is horrendus, but all i care about for tonight is the victory! Way to go Melo, and nice distributing by Felton...
    yea felton dished it to a wide open melo for a lot of those 3s he made after penetrating and getting the defense to collapse... something we've been missing when he was hurt. he made some shots too which is always good. JR had a nice bounce back game too. pretty much everyone played well outside of novak and chandler. pablo had some real good minutes...

anyone know what happened to kidd? he started the game but left and never came back. the announcers said something about it but i didn't hear exactly ehat the details were... not sure if he had back spasms again or what.,.. hopefully he's okay.

Why is Chandler so lethargic? Oh my God, it drives me insane. He does NOT fight for the ball. The tap outs are cool but sometimes you really just have to grab those. Not put one hand up and try to swipe it your way..
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Yeah defense is spotty but a W is a W and Melo is on another level this season. I also think Amar'e is getting back to form but his style and Melo's seem awkward together.

I think Chandler's hiding an injury (neck or shoulder)

The thing is as weak as the East is, you still need bodies to D up. It seems like Woodson has them running some kind of Zone defense and thus the lanes for the cutters to get through. Hopefully this will get addressed sooner than later.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    yea felton dished it to a wide open melo for a lot of those 3s he made after penetrating and getting the defense to collapse... something we've been missing when he was hurt. he made some shots too which is always good. JR had a nice bounce back game too. pretty much everyone played well outside of novak and chandler. pablo had some real good minutes...

anyone know what happened to kidd? he started the game but left and never came back. the announcers said something about it but i didn't hear exactly ehat the details were... not sure if he had back spasms again or what.,.. hopefully he's okay.
    Ya, Kidds been battling something? ALl i know, is thank god Feltons back, becasue now Kidd can get back to limited minutes off the bench.. Prigioni is shooting the 3 way better then i thought he would when i seen em in the Olympics. A huge signing was Prigioni, because having 3pg's is prooving to be the biggest asset to this team so far this season!

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    if we lost this game with melo playing like a god... thankfully we pulled it out...

chandler is such a bum on defense lately. some of the blame goes to felton who couldn't stay in front of teague all night... but chandler needs to play smarter and give much more effort.

the novak-melo-stat lineup is horrible too. don't know what woodson is thinking there... i guess he has little choice with camby and sheed hurt but i'd rather had kurt in there at the 4 and melo at the 3. or even brewer or someone defensive minded at the 3.

stat looks like he's regaining form. still not a good defender but he still grabs some boards and blocks some shots.

we needed this game bad. only one game behind miami now. we'd be the 1st seed right now if we won that philly game but it is what it is. our schedule is favorable coming up,.. only 1 team with a winning record in the next few games and most of them at home.

we need to get back on a streak... win these next few and get everyone playing together, get the chemistry better and hopefully camby or rasheed or both get healthy soon.
    Even on Offense, Novak simply isn't given long enough to get shots off anymore.. The NBA truley has done a wonderful job adapting to Novaks game.. Hes been absoulutley useless for awhile now..

I brought up a stat back when we were still playing pretty well, that showed how good we were when Novak scored in Double digits, and i don't think its a coincidence that since Novaks been basically invisible, alot of our Losses are occuring.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Why is Chandler so lethargic? Oh my God, it drives me insane. He does NOT fight for the ball. The tap outs are cool but sometimes you really just have to grab those. Not put one hand up and try to swipe it your way..
    I seen this last yr with Chandler.. It was frustrating because when u looked at stats it seemed CHandler was doing his job, but watching the games, it was totally diffrent.. I was actually kinda annoyed that CHandler WON the DPOY award because i felt he would think he was doing his job, and i felt he could do alot better with more effort..

Hes definetly not a 100pct effort all the time guy, like his rep kinda says he is.. 3rebounds in 36minutes last night, was alittle ridiculous.. And guys are getting to the rim at will on him and Amare... They litteraly just watch most of the time... At least Amare has his offense to back up his bad defense, Chandler gets paid to play 100pct defense all the time, and hes really slacking in that area... Hes gotta wake up and realize the kinda opp that is in front of him and this team, as winning a title in Ny, would put these guys in the history books and the hearts of newyork fans everywhere, forever!

I got Josh Smith for MVP last night.. thank you

Knicks...lol Larry Birds soul got transferred into JJ Red**** i guess tonight..lol Getting blasted early on against the magic at home with bib baby in the locker room as of now...lol

Pablo Prigioni!!!!! Dudes balling for us off bench! Amare actually seems to be having explosion, and i think thats why hes playing better offensivley, and even a tad defensivley(at least against magic)..

+ Reply to Thread