+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 491 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

piss poor showing.. THE WIZARDS!!

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    i doubt our own players were point shaving... the refs? maybe, but not our players. i think the line was like that because the wizards are actually a good defensive team. they said during the broadcast that they're like 8th or something in opponent fg percentage.

this was a really bad game. we started off horrible as always (stat needs to start, get kidd on the bench)

scrubs on the wizards that are normally poor shooters couldn't miss. chandler played lazy again.

it was a weird game of runs, we started off bad and fell down 11, then we went on a good run and got a decent lead, then fell behind again... we fell down like 9 in the third and then went on a run and were up 5... went into the 4th up 3 points. we're the best 4th quarter team in point differential but not this game. they started the quarter with a 4 point play lol.

just one of those games. there are definitely some concerning trends going on. i think a lot of it is us just not getting up for bad teams, especially on the road. hopefully we win the next few games before the all start break.
    We have tons of games just like last night.. U constantly here Clyde talk about the Knicks getting down alot before storming back, and when they finally do, they get lax and give lead right back, before finally having timely run to put teams away...

That isn't wierd, thats simply a lazy team that really only trys when they feel they absoulutley have to... This teams not winning a championship, i can pretty much tell you that much.. They just don't have enough guts and pride to go 100pct all of the time, which is what it takes in postseason..

THis was the weakest 6game win strk ever as it included teams like Sacramento, Detroit, and Orlando amongst other mediocre teams...

Never in my life have i seen so many uncontested drives to the hoop and so called blown assignments.. They just simply don't act like every basket matters.. Almost like they think they can shoot themselves into the lead at any point, so why bother playing hard every play..

It sucks becuase u seen early on in the season what a motivated knick team could do, as they were ridiculous on both offense and defense and beating teams like Miami and San Antonio nightly, but just like i said back then, i worried if they'd keep it up through the season, or if it was a phase , and its turning out to be a phase.. I honestly don't think a Amare and Melo team can play defense hard night in and night out for a full season.. I don't think they have the Balls to really commit for a full season..

I love the knicks and always will, but to me, if this team dosen't make the confrence finals at worst, its been a monsterus dissapointing season. And i promise u were not making it that far if we play defense like we have the last month and a half.. Not to mention, this offense should put up 100in there sleep, and they don't even do that on the regular... Guys like Melo and Jr Smith , Kidd and Novak have all taken steps down off the pedestal they perched themselves on early in the season...

The WIzzes, the Pizzards, the Wizards?

oof.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

wizards are 8-7 since wall returned from injury. they're not as bad as their record indicates.

they have wins over the heat, clippers, bulls, nuggets, thunder, hawks.

like i said it was just one of those games. singleton and ariza are not good shooters yet they made a ton of shots they normally miss. as a team they made over half their 3's. it was a fluke win.

i'm not worried at all. nycsportzfan is doom and gloom as usual and already giving up on the season. have fun with that. i still have faith in this team. we're still fitting in guys into the rotation and gelling. once camby or sheed come back and everyone settles into their roles the sky is the limit.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 02-07-2013 at 03:33 PM.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    piss poor showing.. THE WIZARDS!!
    it happens. They already had bagged Miami. Clippers, OKC, Bulls prior to us
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    wizards are 8-7 since wall returned from injury. they're not as bad as their record indicates.

they have wins over the heat, clippers, bulls, nuggets, thunder, hawks.

like i said it was just one of those games. singleton and ariza are not good shooters yet they made a ton of shots they normally miss. as a team they made over half their 3's. it was a fluke win.

i'm not worried at all. nycsportzfan is doom and gloom as usual and already giving up on the season. have fun with that. i still have faith in this team. we're still fitting in guys into the rotation and gelling. once camby or sheed come back and everyone settles into their roles the sky is the limit.
    Just to let u know, when we get Camby or Wallace back, im sure someone else will get hurt.. Its called basketball, not ballerina ball.. We could have Chris Copeland injured , and you would use it as a excuse.. Every teams got injuries man! Every teams missing players that could help em...

U are the biggest homer ever.. How u can't tell the diffrence between what were watching for the last 20games, compared to what we watched the first 20-25 games is beyond me.. We haven't shot as well, defended as well, and beat good teams as well.. Shoot, we were 12down to Minnesota late last night...

The seasons not over, but we don't look championship caliber, which is the entire reason we aquired Amare, Felton, Carmelo, and Chandler, right? If u say this team looks championship caliber , then i'm definetly gonna have to think ur just not being real with yourself...

Sure, things can change, and its possible it does, but as of now, this team looks like a mediocre middle of the tier Eastern Confrence playoff team.. And yes i know about the WIN streak, but theres not one game on it we should of lost... I hope we get back to hustling, playing D, and being offensive efficent as we were the first half of the yr, but i wonder if Melo and Amare have that in em for the long haul or not..

Magic Johnson, the Timberwolve announcers both were asked about weather or not they thought Knicks were champ caliber team, adn they both said, if they got back to playing how they did the first half of the yr, with tenacious Defense and efficent scoring..

Theres more to a team then overall record... Especially if the quality of play for a long period of time has clearly shown a big diffrence, which it has..

I will say they showed guts last night coming back in the 4th, but they shoulden't be waiting as long as they don in some games to turn it on...

we were playing a completely different lineup to start the year. kidd and JR were shooting over 50% from 3. that was not sustainable. brewer was also making teams pay for leaving him open.i never used camby and sheed as an excuse, i simply pointed out the fact that our rotation has changed with the return of amare and shump and everyone is still building chemistry.

i don't see that much of a difference between now and the beginning of the year honestly. we were playing even with bad teams in the first halves of games, sometimes first 3 quarters just like we are now. then we would close games in the fourth, just like we are now (other than the wizards game, they just destroyed the nets too)

the reason our defense isn't as good is simple. we're playing amare more which puts melo back at the 3, where he isn't as good of a perimeter defender. also amare isn't as good of a defender as sheed or camby.

you're too caught up on "championship or bust". the knicks haven't even won a playoff series or been a respectable team in years. we signed amare, traded for melo and signed chandler to become a competitive team. we have a chance to win the game every single night. as a fan i appreciate having a good team. obviously winning it all is the goal but it's not an easy thing to do.

you're such a doom and gloom type of poster it's like you're rooting for us to fail, just so you can say "told you so, melo will never win" or something along those lines. being a fan is about appreciating the ride. it seems like you're not enjoying it but i'm loving every minute of it.

fun facts:

carmelo has scored 20+ points in every game this year other than 2. the first spurs game (win) and the blowout win over the kings.

woodson is the fastest knick coach to 50 wins in team history. with a 50-22 record since taking over midseason for dantoni.

4th game of the year against dallas we were trailing at half time.
    5th game we were down against the magic at half time
    we were barely beating the hornets at half time early in the year.

we lost to memphis, dallas and houston, all early in the year.

teams go through ups and downs. when felton was out we were playing .500 ball... but lost a lot of close games we could have won. now everyone is healthy for the most part, but they haven't had much time playing together. it takes time to build real chemistry. i feel like amare and felton haven't clicked just yet. shump is clearly out of place at times. all these things will get better with more time playing together.

i'm not a homer, i'm an optimist. when everyone was hating on melo last year, i knew he would regain form. when everyone was hating on stat and wanted him traded, i believed he could bounce back and regain form. most knicks fans hated bringing felton back. i felt like he would fit well with our team.

that's just my nature. it was the same thing with eli early in his career. i remember arguing with people on message boards after the 06 season, everyone wanted coughlin fired and eli gone. i stood up for them and we win the bowl the next year.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 02-09-2013 at 04:28 PM.

my biggest concern is not the defense. we don't have the personnel to be an elite defensive team so i don't expect us to play like one. my concern is the inconsistent guard/wing play on both sides of the ball... but mainly on offense. felton and JR both play great at times but are very inconsistent. that worries me more than anything in the playoffs. if a team decides to double melo and take him out of the game, felton and jr need to make shots. kidd is also another guy that at times shows his value, but sometimes just seems like a liability out there... especially when he's not making open 3s.

No ones doom and gloom.. Everyone on these boards other then u has been wondering about these knicks and every time they interview someone or ask em about our championship hopes, they all say if they get back to playing Defense like they did in the beggining of the yr and get guys like Novak producing off the bench again.. This isn't something that isn't obvious, and certainly nothing i came up with..They haven't look nearly like the team from the 1st half, and thats about the way it goes.. And yes, this is a championship or bust yr..

The reason why? Well, for starters we haven't done anything in forever, and its not like we have a long championship filled history, and we've tried building up our team numerous times since ewing with horriffic results everytime, and now were strapped for cash, in yr 3 of melo and Amare, and yr 2 of Chandler, and its time to win!

Of course i'm enjoying the ride, u must be blind if u haven't seen the million complements i've put up here, but it don't take a rocket scientist to see this team isn't playing nearly as good and seems like a typical middle of the pack playoff team, that no one will remember in a few yrs from now..

And if u think i'm rooting for them to lose, then ur a complete moron.. I have many friends on these boards, and i'm realist, thats all.. I've been rooting for this team since 1990(i was 9yrs old!!!), just like i do today! Meaning, there was many days as a 9yr old if the knicks were on TV, i'd miss trips to the toystores and what not to watch em! Don't ever try and tell me what kinda fan i am and what i root for! Punk!

+ Reply to Thread