+ Reply to Thread
Page 424 of 491 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426434474 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 4909
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    Kidd (contract ends in 2015)
    Camby (same as Kidd)
    Prigioni (Free agent)
    Martin (Free Agent)

We can't get rid of Kidd and Camby's contract unless they both retire, which probably they won't. I mean why would Camby retire when he can just get another 4 mil rotting on the bench?

Jr Smith is streaky and is just plain horrible. He should not be resigned.

Shumpert's shot has developed and i love the kid. I hope he stays but he is a valuable piece in a trade.

Novak can shoot, but that's it. He's getting paid way too much. It'll be hard to move that contract.

Copeland can shoot but doesn't play. He can be had for cheap.

With Novak, Kidd, Camby, taking up cap space, it'll be a bit difficult to get those young shooters that you want. Only way is through the draft and like i said, we have the 24th pick this year, no pick in 2014.

We are a playoff team, however this squad doesn't have much leverage which equals never getting past the second round. We can wait another 2 years when everyone's contracts comes off the boards, including Melo, Amare, and Chandler but it'll be hard to build around that core with young guys.
    If anything, it has to do with ball movement and lineup changes.

Let's go.

1 thing from these playoffs Ive learned is how great is Marc Gasol is. I never really watch him every other day like this.This guy on Twitter trying to tell me Chandler is better still. Chandler is a better defender outside the paint , id say they are even inside the paint. On offense its not even close. U can run your offense through Gasol because of how great of a passer is he is. Plus he has a back to the basket game, Chandlers offensive game is stand under the basket and dunk it.If we had Gasol instead of Chandler it wouldnt be 3-1 right now,

If JR Smith doesnt have at least a passable game tonight I dont see how he will be brought back.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 05-16-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    he plays favorites instead of playing the guys that are producing. pablo should have been getting most if not all of kidd's minutes along with some of JR's. copeland should have been getting more time too. i guarantee if the knicks simply ran pick n roll with pablo and copeland the offense would be far better than whatever the hell it is they've been doing.

woodson actually did similar things during the regular season too. when felton got hurt he played kidd a ton of minutes instead of giving pablo increased time. copeland disappeared to the bench for a good stretch in the regular season as well. that was when the knicks were playing .500 ball for a long while. then when pablo was inserted into the starting lineup and copeland got big minutes due to injuries, the team went on a big winning streak.

i haven't given up completely yet. if the knicks win game 5, which i believe they will, the pressure is on the pacers to close it out in game 6 at home. knicks lose in 6 or win in 7 is the way i see it. not many teams have came back from 3-1, but most of the teams that have, had home court.
    Im not saying its impossible for them to come back because we have 2 of 3 at home but we didnt even compete in Indiana.If we get this 1 tonight though i think we will get some confidence back. If JR Smith could just be average JR Smith it would make a huge difference.

What lineup would u go

Chandler
    Copeland
    Melo
    Pablo
    Felton

Shump is done. Cant put him out there playing hurt like that

Camby (same as Kidd)
    Prigioni (Free agent)
    Martin (Free Agent)

We can't get rid of Kidd and Camby's contract unless they both retire, which probably they won't. I mean why would Camby retire when he can just get another 4 mil rotting on the bench?

Shumpert's shot has developed and i love the kid. I hope he stays but he is a valuable piece in a trade.

Novak can shoot, but that's it. He's getting paid way too much. It'll be hard to move that contract.

With Novak, Kidd, Camby, taking up cap space, it'll be a bit difficult to get those young shooters that you want. Only way is through the draft and like i said, we have the 24th pick this year, no pick in 2014.

We are a playoff team, however this squad doesn't have much leverage which equals never getting past the second round. We can wait another 2 years when everyone's contracts comes off the boards, including Melo, Amare, and Chandler but it'll be hard to build around that core with young guys.
    I would bring back Prigs and Martin.I think Prigs may very well get more then the vet min though.I dont think Shumpert has that much of a jump shot it will never be good enough that he takes the next step to being a Top 10 starting SG. At best he will be an average starter which still isnt bad
    I think Kidd may very well retire and I believe it or not I do believe he is tradeable still.We wouldnt get anything back besides a 2nd round pick but we could trade him. Even as streaky as JR is u have to resign him. if u dont resign him then what, its not like u can get a better player to replace him with.The problem I see is that he will want more then 2 years and i dont want to give him more then 2 years after these playoffs. I want a clear slate in 2015. I would resign Melo but only if he takes the money he is getting now. Im not giving Carmelo a Kobe 30 million dollar a year deal extension no fing way.With the way the new salary cap rules are it would be impossible to build a team around that unless the player is Lebron James
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 05-16-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Camby (same as Kidd)
    Prigioni (Free agent)
    Martin (Free Agent)

camby's last year isn't guaranteed so it could be a trade chip in the future.

Banned
    So do the Knicks nut up tonight or laydown?

Knicks are now in desperation mode. They need to win this game to at least salvage some pride. You can see it in IND faces that they just know in their mind they're the better team,. It's time to change that.

- Knicks need to keep larger line-ups out there utilizing Copeland and Stat more. Kidd is an all-time great but this match-up just does not work for him and his legs look tired as well.

Starters: Chandler, Melo, Cope, Shump, Felton - Shump guards George, Cope on Stevenson.

Rotate Martin in the chandler, Stat for Melo or Cope, Smith for Shump and Prigs for Felton.

No need to put Novak in there when Cope is a good 3pt shooter and also brings additional dimensions offensively.

This line-up ensures you always have at least one dribble penetrator on the floor, and at least 3 good 3pt shooters.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

i'd rather start prigs because when he doesn't start he gets no minutes. also the offense got off to slow starts most of the year until pablo was inserted into the starting lineup.

What i'd be afraid of is the knicks playing well tonight, and as usual, coming out in Indy thinking they've accomplished something and laying a dud..

Melo on fire..