+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 491 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    you really hate melo lol he's the least of the concerns. he's the main reason the team is where it is now. guards blowing by felton or kidd and making layups right in tyson's face is not on melo. his so called defensive liabilities are far overblown. he's actually done a very good job considering he's had to bang with guys way bigger than him most of the year like garnett and griffin.

what is a "melo lead defense"? melo is the leader of the defense? i thought that was tyson's job lol
    What is a Melo lead defense? Its easy, hes the team leader and the team is gonna follow his example.. its pretty much common sense.. There not gonna give 110pct every game on every possesion if hes not, the highest paid player on the team.. I woulden't either...lol

And No, i love MELO, but unlike u, i don't have to kiss his rear every post to show it.. He is a player who will get ur team to teh postseason most likely, and then the lack of overall hustle and defense will haunt u, becasue theres games ur simply not gonna shoot great, and thats when ur defense keeps u in it... Theres no one on this thread who raved more about melo then i did early in the season.. Hes still doing incredible, i just don't think his leadership and lead by example ways are championship quality.. Thats what i see anyways.. Tyson Chandler was brought in here to bring defense and hustle, and in less then a yr and a half with Melo, hes one of the laziest players i've seen to date..

Funny how much cr-ap u gave me about that when i was saying that very thing last yr, isn't it? Now everyone on these boards brings it up..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    The biggest liability in defense is Chandler.
    I said that a ton last yr, and got sarcastic remarks from KnicksGiants about it, like i was crazy.. Now everyone on these boards sees it and brings it up..lol I coulden't believe he WON DPOY award.. His numbers were mad decieving ...

2 words: Terrence Ross

TORONTO FTW!

honestly how often do any of them consistently contest shots? How often do you see a guy slow in reacting to a rotation? How often do you see as KnicksGiants put it, opposing G's blow past Kidd, Shump or JR?

Melo is the least of the problems, in fact if you ask me, he is doing too much and that's saying something.

It's really kind of depressing but this is why some of you will remember my cautious optimism in the beginning of the season.

Defensively this team has got to evolve...It's weird, some games you're like wow, thats what's up; other games you're looking for a brown paper bag to wear while you sit on the sofa...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    What is a Melo lead defense? Its easy, hes the team leader and the team is gonna follow his example.. its pretty much common sense.. There not gonna give 110pct every game on every possesion if hes not, the highest paid player on the team.. I woulden't either...lol

And No, i love MELO, but unlike u, i don't have to kiss his rear every post to show it.. He is a player who will get ur team to teh postseason most likely, and then the lack of overall hustle and defense will haunt u, becasue theres games ur simply not gonna shoot great, and thats when ur defense keeps u in it... Theres no one on this thread who raved more about melo then i did early in the season.. Hes still doing incredible, i just don't think his leadership and lead by example ways are championship quality.. Thats what i see anyways.. Tyson Chandler was brought in here to bring defense and hustle, and in less then a yr and a half with Melo, hes one of the laziest players i've seen to date..

Funny how much cr-ap u gave me about that when i was saying that very thing last yr, isn't it? Now everyone on these boards brings it up..lol
    so melo turned chandler into a lazy player? lol

and what crap are you talking about? only thing i remember is constantly defending melo when you endlessly bashed him as he struggled playing injured and out of position under an incompetent coach.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I said that a ton last yr, and got sarcastic remarks from KnicksGiants about it, like i was crazy.. Now everyone on these boards sees it and brings it up..lol I coulden't believe he WON DPOY award.. His numbers were mad decieving ...
    ummm no that never happened. maybe if you called him a bum or a scrub or degraded him like you so often do to the team's best players, perhaps i called you out for that.

the knicks defense was actually pretty good last year, even under dantoni. it was the offense that was the bigger problem, just as it has been lately this year.

the biggest problem with the defense is the scheme woodson uses. it promotes lazy defense because if you get picked you just switch instead of fighting through the pick. which leads to mismatches all over the place. i understand the need to switch in certain situations but if you watch the games you see a team basically fake to set a screen and we switch, giving them what they want. it worked somewhat earlier in the year but teams adjust when they get tape on you and see what you're doing in certain situations.

as i've said before though i'm much more concerned about the offense. we will never been an elite defensive team because we don't have elite defensive players. we don't have lebron and wade on the wing closing out on shooters. we don't have a huge front court and ball hawking wings like a memphis. etc etc. it's not simply about effort. everyone on the team could give 100% effort on defense and we'd still only be a good defensive team, not a great one.

this is, and should be an offensive led team. our recent losses have been due to us not scoring even close to our season average. this is a league similar to the NFL where the rules have been changed to favor high scoring games. so when we're out there scoring in the 80s or low 90s... that is a huge concern for me. especially when it happened against the raptors and clippers, 2 teams that are not good defensively.

that's the rub though, we should be a high-powered offensive team, but we have seen when opposing teams D up and/or certain guys go into snides we seem to look very one-dimensional out there.

This is a major reason why I wish we were bigger in the frontcourt, dribble penetration and physicality is not what I think of when I think Knicks.

We have a team with at least 3 Shooters but more often than not it's Melo doing most of the converting...and if we can't trap or otherwise D up on the opposite side of the court we end up getting in trouble.

So many times the other team goes on a 8-0 or 10-0 run NOT because they better than us but because our guys don't make good shots or otherwise try to score while in transition. Great in theory but without the results we'll see the long rebound, transition in the other direction and typically another FG for "the other guys."

I think some of it is scheme but some of it is personel.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    ummm no that never happened. maybe if you called him a bum or a scrub or degraded him like you so often do to the team's best players, perhaps i called you out for that.

the knicks defense was actually pretty good last year, even under dantoni. it was the offense that was the bigger problem, just as it has been lately this year.
    Uhhh, ya it did happen.. And know it wasen't degrading at all.. And Bum isn't degrading, its called frustration.. These guys aren't my best friends dude, there my favorite team.. I always explain my way of thinking about anything i say..

And yes, i did call out chandler exactly for being what many on here are saying now, and Redeye can vouch .. I said something like " I know he gets rebounds and the numbers are there, but if u watch chandler all the time, theres plenty of more plays he should make and shots he should contest, and he stands around alot".. Something to that matter... And u chimed back like i was crazy because of his numbers or something.. Maybe it wasen't you, but ur the only one i can think of that sees roses when its clearly more like a local park dandilion...lol Which dosen't mean totally sucks, but not as good as hoped or expected.

THeres no doubt your a passionate fan and you know ur stuff, but ur alittle to rose colored glasses for me. And on my part, you simply neglect to look at all the positives i write and reasons i write some of the frustrational stuff....

I'm gonna call it like i see it, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    that's the rub though, we should be a high-powered offensive team, but we have seen when opposing teams D up and/or certain guys go into snides we seem to look very one-dimensional out there.

This is a major reason why I wish we were bigger in the frontcourt, dribble penetration and physicality is not what I think of when I think Knicks.

We have a team with at least 3 Shooters but more often than not it's Melo doing most of the converting...and if we can't trap or otherwise D up on the opposite side of the court we end up getting in trouble.

So many times the other team goes on a 8-0 or 10-0 run NOT because they better than us but because our guys don't make good shots or otherwise try to score while in transition. Great in theory but without the results we'll see the long rebound, transition in the other direction and typically another FG for "the other guys."

I think some of it is scheme but some of it is personel.
    There is way to many easy Layups for oppositon because of know one getting back on D, i noticed for awhile now.. Seems like STAT and Chandler both are guilty of not getting back way more then ever should happen, and usually its off a bad shot by us, where u have to get back quickly becuase the other teams getting a long rebound and quick outlet pass and then there off and running for easy hoop unless someone hustles back..
    This team is frustrating because u know the potential if they play hard and team basketball, but u can't teach old dogs new tricks it seems, and old habits always find there way back with these paticular team, eventually... And thats where i get on Melo, becasue we bring in really good defenders and team orientated players and we'll play nasty for alittle while and then get back to isolation and not moving the ball, and not getting back on D, and not extending arms and contesting shots and letting to many wideopen jump shots...etc SO i gotta think, its the leader of the team MELO not making complete changes and becoming the leader we need, but his same old all offense, and defense when he feels like it approach that rubs off on other players.. I still love the guy though..

Melo was brilliant in All Star game though.. Its funny, becuase he played D more then most of the guys.. I think he understood points would be the same area between a few of the guys like Lebron and Wade, and he needed something else on top of points to get the MVP, and he pounded the boards..He definetly would of gotten MVP had the east WON! Sucks he didn't!

+ Reply to Thread