+ Reply to Thread
Page 448 of 491 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448449450458 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Why would you fire someone with that record? I never understood how they can have that record in the season and then say he wasn't a good post-season coach. Can someone explain to me how that just happens?

Seems like a players issue to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Why would you fire someone with that record? I never understood how they can have that record in the season and then say he wasn't a good post-season coach. Can someone explain to me how that just happens?Seems like a players issue to me.
    Because he has a bad post season record history dating all the way back to when he was with the Hawks. He's known to be very stubborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Because he has a bad post season record history dating all the way back to when he was with the Hawks. He's known to be very stubborn.
    Stubborn in the post-season OR all the time?

All the time. He doesn't like to change his lineups, even when he absolutely has to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    All the time. He doesn't like to change his lineups, even when he absolutely has to.
    So how the heck did he do so well during the season? Why is the record the way it is?

So how the heck did he do so well during the season? Why is the record the way it is?
    Because the east sucked besides Miami.

Hes even more stubborn in the postseason.. Think about it, Copeland flat out came into his own during the regular season despite Woodson doing all he could to not see it and keep em on the bench, at the slightest bit of a funk, and then come postseason, he again benches Copeland after the slightest bit of a shooting funk, and dosen't start playing him again till it was basically to late, when its almost 100pct certain, Copeland could of been a diffrence maker in alot of those losses during the postseason.. Instead he gives those valuable minutes to a clearly lost Jason Kidd and struggling JR Smith..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Hes even more stubborn in the postseason.. Think about it, Copeland flat out came into his own during the regular season despite Woodson doing all he could to not see it and keep em on the bench, at the slightest bit of a funk, and then come postseason, he again benches Copeland after the slightest bit of a shooting funk, and dosen't start playing him again till it was basically to late, when its almost 100pct certain, Copeland could of been a diffrence maker in alot of those losses during the postseason.. Instead he gives those valuable minutes to a clearly lost Jason Kidd and struggling JR Smith..
    Embarrassing playoffs for Kidd. Had to be the low point in his pro and college career. Copeland clearly deserved more minutes.

resigning JR is simply a smart move. knicks don't have to use any exceptions to do it either. at worst he can be a trade piece down the road. at best you get the 6th man of the year locked in to a 4 year, league average deal, which is a bargain.

knicks can potentially be improved next season. draft pick this year, exceptions and smart veteran minimum signings.

amare potentially being healthy for the playoffs, maybe a small trade to bring someone in, who knows.

i'm worried that pablo is a goner though. i've read that he's got substantially better offers overseas. which means backup point guard will be a hole that needs to be filled.

for all the people that act like the knicks are in this terrible position, that is not the case at all. all the big contracts are set to expire the same year (if melo doesn't opt out) so the knicks will have tons of cap space to rebuild a new roster around melo, or go in a different direction. either way it's set up pretty nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    resigning JR is simply a smart move. knicks don't have to use any exceptions to do it either. at worst he can be a trade piece down the road. at best you get the 6th man of the year locked in to a 4 year, league average deal, which is a bargain.

knicks can potentially be improved next season. draft pick this year, exceptions and smart veteran minimum signings.

amare potentially being healthy for the playoffs, maybe a small trade to bring someone in, who knows.

i'm worried that pablo is a goner though. i've read that he's got substantially better offers overseas. which means backup point guard will be a hole that needs to be filled.

for all the people that act like the knicks are in this terrible position, that is not the case at all. all the big contracts are set to expire the same year (if melo doesn't opt out) so the knicks will have tons of cap space to rebuild a new roster around melo, or go in a different direction. either way it's set up pretty nicely.
    Not really a ton. We have Felton and Smith on the books if Smith Resigns thats about 14 million committed.If they sign Melo to an extension thats 25 million plus that 14 plus the roster holds u are up to 45 million So u get 1 max player , mid level , and a bunch of vet min contracts.

+ Reply to Thread