+ Reply to Thread
Page 449 of 491 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 4909
  1. #4481
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Not really a ton. We have Felton and Smith on the books if Smith Resigns thats about 14 million committed.If they sign Melo to an extension thats 25 million plus that 14 plus the roster holds u are up to 45 million So u get 1 max player , mid level , and a bunch of vet min contracts.
    i should have said a ton if we left melo walk, you're right. either way it's not all doom and gloom. we're in a much better position now than we were back in the marbury days haha

  2. #4482
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    i should have said a ton if we left melo walk, you're right. either way it's not all doom and gloom. we're in a much better position now than we were back in the marbury days haha
    The Melo thing is tough. The NBA lets those salaries out of control with the raises. There is no limit on salary with those raises so u get deals like Kobe at 30 million. U cant build a team like that. I would let him walk if he wants raises like Kobe. We would have some leverage because he wouldnt be able to get anywhere near the same amount with with anyone else

  3. #4483
    i doubt we would pay melo anything close to 30 mil a year, especially at 31. if anything they would try to convince him to take less so that they could bring in better players for a greater chance at contending.

  4. #4484
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Not really a ton. We have Felton and Smith on the books if Smith Resigns thats about 14 million committed.If they sign Melo to an extension thats 25 million plus that 14 plus the roster holds u are up to 45 million So u get 1 max player , mid level , and a bunch of vet min contracts.
    And Shumpert i'm sure will command dollars sooner rather then later, right? Whens he RFA ? I wonder if the T'Wolves would be interested in a sign and trade with Pekovic for Ty Chandler and maybe our 1st rd pick or something? Probably a pipe dream though..

    I'm kinda pulling for Josh McRoberts via FA'cy. I woulden't mind seeing him in our rotation..

  5. #4485
    shump is a RFA the same year all the big contracts expire, which is perfect timing.

    i would love pek for chandler, he's got one of the best post games for a big in the league.

  6. #4486
    All-Pro Carter.525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omaha!, NJ
    Posts
    8,915
    JR to re-sign on a four year deal..?

    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...four-year-deal
    80

  7. #4487
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Why would you fire someone with that record? I never understood how they can have that record in the season and then say he wasn't a good post-season coach. Can someone explain to me how that just happens?

    Seems like a players issue to me.
    I concede your points BUT like Ruddy said his post-season results speak for themselves.

    Actually I agree with the "it's a player problem" comment.

    I also think this team leans towards Offense and tries to play "defense" but engaging in shoot-outs, ala Indy Colts Peyton era.


    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    JR to re-sign on a four year deal..?

    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...four-year-deal
    ...he needs to imbibe less during Season though...put the 'Nac (Yak) down !!!


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  8. #4488
    I feel bad fro getting on Melo earlier in the year, he doesnt have Shaq like Kobe did, he doesnt have Bosh and Wade. I cant believe some of the media is still blaming him. I love the Marc Berman piece with Jim Boehiem in the paper. He rips every Knick. He told his son Melo was going to need 50 to win. He slammed Chandler saying how Chandler was talking about ball movement . He was like Hibbert had [21] points u had [2] in Game 6. Felton was 0-7 from the floor Lance Stephenson had [25]. He said Prigs never scored against the US in international play and these are the guys supposed to help Melo win a title. 1 thing i disagree with is the Prigs slam I thought he was 1 of the Knicks best players in the series.

  9. #4489
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,179
    as fans we tend to be variable degrees of homers, I'm with you though about Pablo though.


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  10. #4490
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I feel bad fro getting on Melo earlier in the year, he doesnt have Shaq like Kobe did, he doesnt have Bosh and Wade. I cant believe some of the media is still blaming him. I love the Marc Berman piece with Jim Boehiem in the paper. He rips every Knick. He told his son Melo was going to need 50 to win. He slammed Chandler saying how Chandler was talking about ball movement . He was like Hibbert had [21] points u had [2] in Game 6. Felton was 0-7 from the floor Lance Stephenson had [25]. He said Prigs never scored against the US in international play and these are the guys supposed to help Melo win a title. 1 thing i disagree with is the Prigs slam I thought he was 1 of the Knicks best players in the series.
    Ya, of course Melo wasen't to blame, but there are times the guy kills ya..

    For instance, in GAME6, the knicks were hitting everything at one point, when Shump was tearing it up, and Copeland was hitting shots, and evfen JR Smith was hitting shots, and then inexplicably, Melo gets the ball and completely goes into hold the ball mode, at the worst time possible.. Then turnovers happen, and much more difficult, not in rythym shots occur.. Almost as if he says "oh, i gotta get involved in this!", instead of keeping the ball moving, and if he does get the ball, attack immedietly, or at least make ur move and dish, instead of going into complete one on one mode, kiilling mad clock.. Thats where people start to blame Carmelo Anthony.. He dosen't know what to do in certain flows of the game..

    But overall, obviously its not his fault.. But it don't matter who we have, if all ur leaving em with is a shot that needs to be taken within 4seconds of them recieving the ball or else the shot clock is gonna run out.. Melo could be the best overall player in the league if he somehow could stop with that clock dragging mode at the wrong times..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts