+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 491 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
    yeah he was great last night...

and I agree, if Tyson or even Amar'e stepped up and into their roles and brought that physicality, wow.
    As to leadership, there are different styles, but the coaches play a part too.

Increase the ball movement to open up the floor, figure out what the other team is doing defensively (zone, trap, man) use the Pick more often, even some give and goes for an Amar'e or Felton...

Defensively my wish is at least half-court pressure, maybe a few traps, get in the ball handlers way, force him to go to his other hand,, chase them out the paint do something for crying out loud.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Actually I think one of our biggest problems right now is teams have figured out the whole Melo at PF thing. They simply don't buy into it and put their SF on Melo on defense anyway and let their PF play whoever is at SF for us (usually Shump or Novak), who aren't going to drive the lane to take advantage of what you would think is a mis-match. Actually, I think once Sheed and/or Camby come back you wont be seeing Melo at the 4 very much, they're doing it more out of necessity since Stat and Candler are the only big bodies in the rotation.

They may also need to consider trading Novak. He's too one dimensional and teams have pretty much committed to giving the ball to whoever he's guarding on defense, no matter what type of scorer they are because he's so bad that it's either and easy baket or a foul.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

I kind of agree with you about #16...

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...-to-the-knicks

Iman for JJ...what the fridge are they smoking?

Re**** for Novak but not Shump.

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...-to-the-knicks

Iman for JJ...what the fridge are they smoking?

Re**** for Novak but not Shump.
    JJ is perfect for this team.. It would be hard to give up Shump, no way the Magic would do a JJ for Novak swap..

I'm on the fence

not me Iman is young and has tremendous upside, BUT if this team is in a "win-now" strategy then nothing is out of left field.

to me, making moves to get "veteran players" indicates a "win-now" state of mind, contrasted with say BK's build and modify for the short-to-mid term...

JJ for Shump is possible but I'd hate it because we'd lose a (still healing) Defender who's tall and athletic for another Shooter, which is why 16 can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.

Am I the only 1 really depressed about this team. We went all in traded every asset we had to get older players. Honestly this team is no better then the rest of the teams in the East that arent beating the Heat so who cares. I think they lose in the 1st round and its only getting worse from here. We are going to get worse and we dont own are draft picks. Denver owns the 2014 and 2016 picks . We have zero 2nd rounders . I dont think u guys realize just how dark the days ahead are

i highly doubt we lose in the first round. unless we end up playing chicago or indiana in the first. even then i see us winning a tough series.

denver doesn't own our 2016 pick, they have the right to swap picks that year.

i'm not sure if you're serious in considering tony douglas, harrelson, jerome jordan, etc as assets lol

the only asset we had was lin and we let him go for nothing, we didn't trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Am I the only 1 really depressed about this team. We went all in traded every asset we had to get older players. Honestly this team is no better then the rest of the teams in the East that arent beating the Heat so who cares. I think they lose in the 1st round and its only getting worse from here. We are going to get worse and we dont own are draft picks. Denver owns the 2014 and 2016 picks . We have zero 2nd rounders . I dont think u guys realize just how dark the days ahead are
    I think most of us do, now. Like I said I was cautiously optimistic at Season's start and there is a stat that shows when the Knicks hit more than 11 3-balls they are like 25 and some-odd

They rely entirely too much on the trey-ball and like you said and we all realize, we're too old and not physical enough, I do not and never did miss Lin, but perhaps the nucleus should be Melo, Iman and JR ? We need IMO, 2 dominant big men to control the low post and battle for boards.

Tyson as many of you pointed out, takes mental vacations far too much and did I mention we rely on the mid-range to 3-ball shots waaay too much?

yea i saw a stat that said we're first in 3 pointers attempted, and last in points in the paint. that wouldn't be the case if amare was playing all year but it is what it is. we started the year hot by playing small ball and surrounding melo with shooters. then brewer and kidd forgot how to make a jump shot and we fell off a bit.