05-24-2013, 07:35 AM
Hey Sportzfan U see My BB Vid experiment, What guys do u want to see for the Knicks was going to do Larkin and Dieng games.
Originally Posted by nycsportzfan
Nerlens Noel vs Tennessee 2013
Ben McLemore vs K state 2/11/13
Alex Len vs Kentucky
Assuming we resign Kenyon, Jr SMith, Kidd ,Camby return Pablo goes home.
Anyway my needs are
1. A Stretch 4 - I think this is the Knicks biggest need. A player that can play interchangeably with Melo is the key to the Knicks offense. The Knicks need a player that has size for certain match ups on defense and can also hit a 20 foot jump shot. These players are not easy to find but if they can the whole offense will open up.
Trade- This might be an extreme trade but I think its plausible. Amare Stoudamire, 3 million dollars for Landry Fields and Andrea Bargnani. Fields and Bargs contracts expire at the same time as Amares. Bargnani gives the Knicks what they need a big who can score that wont get in the way of Carmelo.
2. PG - Knicks need a ying to Feltons yang. Felton is powerful but lacks speed and can get burned by faster PG's. A back up PG that can match up defensively and push the pace would really help
3. Center- Another Center that can function slightly on Offense would be helpful
4. SF- With Melo at the 4 this goes back to my point about a stretch 4. Whoever the Knicks draft at the 3 needs to be able to work interchangeably with Carmelo.
5. SG- Im not sure what to think at SG. On paper Shumpert and Smith are a solid pair but with the mish mash of lineups and the inability to find a 3/4 that works with Melo the Knicks have to play small. SG is an almost wait and see what happens at PG and at the 3/4. if the Knicks can find a proper stretch 4 then Shump and Smith can play SG and the Knicks will only need depth. If the Knicks cant find a stretch 4 then the continuation of playing small stays in the teams plans and another SG becomes a bigger need. With Shump and Smith the Knicks I feel have enough athletic ability. I feel it would be more important to find a Guard that can hit a jump shoot and ball handle more then be an explosive finisher at the rim.
Last edited by Redeyejedi; 05-24-2013 at 08:20 AM.
05-24-2013, 09:32 AM
First off, cool idea with the basketball vid's, and i'll definetly check em out.
Originally Posted by Redeyejedi
Your trade u brought up is very intriguing and i'd like it alot. Bargniani is similar player, that makes me want Kelly Olynck to a degree. Olynck can step out and shoot a long jumper, and even has some 3point distance, and really took a step forward offensively last yr, but probably has alittle more of a motor and then Bargiani, but Bargniani has more consistent 3pt game, but same idea. I'd be stoked with either one.
I think a player you would like us to get is Reggie Bullock from North Carolina. Hes not as big as melo, but hes long and can really stick the jay and can cause matchup problems with his length, and should be able to pile on 15-20lbs over the next couple yrs. He can also take over for stretches and i've seen him do that a few times myself, and hes got some swag as well. Bullock is very underrated this yr.
05-24-2013, 09:44 AM
Larkin and Dieng would be great vid's to do. There both on my top 5 list for us, and both are severly underrated in this draft. I've seen em both numerous amounts of times(watch a ton of college hoops), and they both would make sense and help us tremendously. Dieng is obviously known for his defense, but i've seen him do some things in his post up game and also stick the short range jay with solid form, and even step out alittle deeper the more polished he becomes. I think Dieng could be our center of the future while getting major minutes early on as a key backup to Chandler early, as we've gotten nothing from camby to this point and Chandler has been a dissapointment lately.
Larkin is pretty quick guard with 3pt range and great leadership qualities, and as i said, reminds me of DJ Augustin or a bit slower Ty Lawson, but also a better shooter.. He was one of the guys I had most fun watching this past season. Felton isn't long term answer, and Prigioni is probably going back over seas and Kidd could possibly retire. Just remember how high I was on this guy at this time next yr, as you'll see his promise early on.
05-24-2013, 09:49 AM
This draft is gonna end up having some of the better players get picked in the mid to late 1st rd, as its a weak crop at the top, and alot of uncertainty on who the best players truly are, alot of mistakes are gonna get made, and some of the diffrence makers are gonna go later then they should of. Again, not a top heavy draft, but a golden opp to get a really good player in the late 1st.
05-24-2013, 10:06 AM
I woulden't even mind getting 2 guys in this yrs 1st, and trying to trade for a ex pick. A combo duo like Gorgi Dieng and Nate Wolters or something like that(example). Nate Wolters is exciting player to watch and could be a steal.
05-24-2013, 07:35 PM
no thanks for fields and barnani. i'd rather just cut amare than have them on the knicks.
i hope melo goes back to the 3 next year. maybe he can start at the 4 but play a lot more at the 3 than he did this past season. banging with all those big guys is not gonna bode well for his health.
a guy like earl clark or would fit well next to melo i think. can knock down shots and is an athletic defender at the 3/4.
05-24-2013, 11:32 PM
big win for indiana. hibbert and george with big games. a couple of costly turnovers by lebron near the end of the game. pacers could easily be up 2-0 right now but im sure they are happy with splitting and now heading back home.
Last edited by L.T.56; 05-24-2013 at 11:40 PM.
05-24-2013, 11:49 PM
pacers offense has been surprisingly good, especially considering they're on the road.
the heat role players have been shut down for the most part. pacers defense is legit.
05-25-2013, 11:11 AM
but why its not like we r taking on extra money. at least those players can play at the same time as Melo. Amare is going to be forced into a minimal role. It may be easier to trade Fields or Bargs expiring contracts as well. Going to be hard to find 20 million in salary to get back in a trade
Originally Posted by kNicksGiants
05-25-2013, 12:08 PM
would Wolters be a reach in the 1st? He's got some nice skills plus he 6'4, 195.. could play him some at SG also