Nerlens Noel vs Tennessee 2013
Ben McLemore vs K state 2/11/13
Alex Len vs Kentucky
Assuming we resign Kenyon, Jr SMith, Kidd ,Camby return Pablo goes home.
Anyway my needs are
1. A Stretch 4 - I think this is the Knicks biggest need. A player that can play interchangeably with Melo is the key to the Knicks offense. The Knicks need a player that has size for certain match ups on defense and can also hit a 20 foot jump shot. These players are not easy to find but if they can the whole offense will open up.
Trade- This might be an extreme trade but I think its plausible. Amare Stoudamire, 3 million dollars for Landry Fields and Andrea Bargnani. Fields and Bargs contracts expire at the same time as Amares. Bargnani gives the Knicks what they need a big who can score that wont get in the way of Carmelo.
2. PG - Knicks need a ying to Feltons yang. Felton is powerful but lacks speed and can get burned by faster PG's. A back up PG that can match up defensively and push the pace would really help
3. Center- Another Center that can function slightly on Offense would be helpful
4. SF- With Melo at the 4 this goes back to my point about a stretch 4. Whoever the Knicks draft at the 3 needs to be able to work interchangeably with Carmelo.
5. SG- Im not sure what to think at SG. On paper Shumpert and Smith are a solid pair but with the mish mash of lineups and the inability to find a 3/4 that works with Melo the Knicks have to play small. SG is an almost wait and see what happens at PG and at the 3/4. if the Knicks can find a proper stretch 4 then Shump and Smith can play SG and the Knicks will only need depth. If the Knicks cant find a stretch 4 then the continuation of playing small stays in the teams plans and another SG becomes a bigger need. With Shump and Smith the Knicks I feel have enough athletic ability. I feel it would be more important to find a Guard that can hit a jump shoot and ball handle more then be an explosive finisher at the rim.