+ Reply to Thread
Page 454 of 491 FirstFirst ... 354404444452453454455456464 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,540 of 4909
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    bargs isn't a good shooter though, check his stats. stat is a far superior player, not even close.

22 per vs. 11. not even close.

amare averaged 14 points and 5 rebounds in like 24 minutes on high efficiency. only 1.7 turnovers as well.

once again, the ONLY reason to even discuss the trade is stat's inability to stay healthy. bargs is a worse player period. even worse rebounder and defender. the idea of him being on the knicks make me want to puke.
    Nah, your right, Bargs shooting was bad this past yr, but I still think hes got a better chance at being good for us then Amare. I just don't like the way amare dribbles the ball, and hes seemingly always close to a offensive foul or a turnover it seems. His jump shot is very lack luster to say the least, and I believe Bargs is a better FT shooter as well, albeit, I could be wrong about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He couldnt stay healthy even in limited minutes.I really want to shed that contract for smaller pieces so if a player we want comes available in a year that we want we can trade an expiring contract. This group cant win the Championship should stay competitive but also try to prepare for 2015 offseason
    he stayed perfectly healthy until melo got hurt and they upped his minutes. i believe the game at home against okc he went over his minutes limit by a little bit and that was the last game he played in the regular season.

the procedure he had was the same one he had at the beginning of the year, except the other knee. it wasn't anything major. i think he has a decent chance of staying healthy next year, especially if the knicks are safe with him and keep him under 20 minutes or so. i still think he can be an impact player for the knicks even in limited minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Nah, your right, Bargs shooting was bad this past yr, but I still think hes got a better chance at being good for us then Amare. I just don't like the way amare dribbles the ball, and hes seemingly always close to a offensive foul or a turnover it seems. His jump shot is very lack luster to say the least, and I believe Bargs is a better FT shooter as well, albeit, I could be wrong about that?
    i agree amare's handles are weak. what do you expect though from a near 7 footer? amare didn't take many jump shots this past season, but he does have nice touch from the mid range. not sure what bargs FT% is but amare is usually around 80% which is solid for a big.

i agree that the negatives of his game offensively are he is sometimes turnover prone. whether it be getting stripped or an offensive foul. but he is still an efficient player because he shoots well over 50% and draws fouls.

the knicks have zero low post scoring besides amare. unless we expect chandler to develop a post up game this late in his career lol.

spurs winning it all this year btw. it actually makes me feel better knowing we had no chance against the heat/spurs, rather than thinking we blew a legit chance at a title by losing to the pacers.

i agree amare's handles are weak. what do you expect though from a near 7 footer? amare didn't take many jump shots this past season, but he does have nice touch from the mid range. not sure what bargs FT% is but amare is usually around 80% which is solid for a big.

i agree that the negatives of his game offensively are he is sometimes turnover prone. whether it be getting stripped or an offensive foul. but he is still an efficient player because he shoots well over 50% and draws fouls.

the knicks have zero low post scoring besides amare. unless we expect chandler to develop a post up game this late in his career lol.
    The thing is, your only gonna get a risk type back for Amare, becuase hes a "risk type".. So, i totally understand your feelings about Bargs, but I personally feel he'd mix better, and be able to pull big guys away from the basket on defrense so our other guys can attack more, and then they can actually kick it back out to Bargs if hes open for a 3pt attempt. But i could certainly be wrong.

I certainly here ya, on Bargs has some questions about his game as well, though. I'd take the risk though.

hibbert is a monster. i'm a little less upset with chandler now that i realize how great hibbert is. i think he may just be the best all around center in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    The thing is, your only gonna get a risk type back for Amare, becuase hes a "risk type".. So, i totally understand your feelings about Bargs, but I personally feel he'd mix better, and be able to pull big guys away from the basket on defrense so our other guys can attack more, and then they can actually kick it back out to Bargs if hes open for a 3pt attempt. But i could certainly be wrong.

I certainly here ya, on Bargs has some questions about his game as well, though. I'd take the risk though.
    I don't think Bargs really adds anything to the team. If the Knicks play the Pacers again (which is where this whole pull the other teams' big away from the basket thing comes from), Bargs wouldn't be guarded by Hibbert anyway since the knicks would still have to have Chandler or Martin or Camby in there anyways. He'd be guarded by West, much like Shump was during the series.

Stat can play center, and his ability to hit the mid-range jump shot would actually have the same effect of pulling hibbert away from the rim. The lineup of Stat, Melo, Cope, Shump and Prigs was super effective for this team, but simply wasn't utilized enough. This series was as much about Woodson being very stubborn with his line-ups and being uncreative than it had to do with talent.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

hibbert is a monster. i'm a little less upset with chandler now that i realize how great hibbert is. i think he may just be the best all around center in the league.
    Hes a beast, but hes not the only one that was taking advantage of Chandler. Chandlers issues date back to last yr, let alone this past yr, and the postseason. He lacks consistent agression and should be so much better then he is, as athletic and big as he is. Chandler should avg 15pt 14reb 3blk a game.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    I don't think Bargs really adds anything to the team. If the Knicks play the Pacers again (which is where this whole pull the other teams' big away from the basket thing comes from), Bargs wouldn't be guarded by Hibbert anyway since the knicks would still have to have Chandler or Martin or Camby in there anyways. He'd be guarded by West, much like Shump was during the series.

Stat can play center, and his ability to hit the mid-range jump shot would actually have the same effect of pulling hibbert away from the rim. The lineup of Stat, Melo, Cope, Shump and Prigs was super effective for this team, but simply wasn't utilized enough. This series was as much about Woodson being very stubborn with his line-ups and being uncreative than it had to do with talent.
    The thing is Amare can't dribble, and is mainly only effective with a pick and roll, or getting the ball on the move to the basket. It dosen't happen much in this offense, as its not run and gun like it was in Phx.

Amare isn't that good of a one on one player. His jump shot has fallen off of late, and hes seemingly always having to dribble to much to get to the basket, which only increases his chances of easily getting it slapped away, which he does all the time it seems. With both players being injury prone, i'd rather have the guy who dosen't rely on explosion to be here, as the more injuries and age pile up, the less and less Amare is gonna be effective.

This is the best I have ever seen him play. Him and Gasol for the 2 first series at least played at a completely different level then they usually do