+ Reply to Thread
Page 455 of 491 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455456457465 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 4909
  1. #4541
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    The thing is Amare can't dribble, and is mainly only effective with a pick and roll, or getting the ball on the move to the basket. It dosen't happen much in this offense, as its not run and gun like it was in Phx.

    Amare isn't that good of a one on one player. His jump shot has fallen off of late, and hes seemingly always having to dribble to much to get to the basket, which only increases his chances of easily getting it slapped away, which he does all the time it seems. With both players being injury prone, i'd rather have the guy who dosen't rely on explosion to be here, as the more injuries and age pile up, the less and less Amare is gonna be effective.
    IDK what you're talking about with this offense not using the pick-n-roll, that makes up a TON of our offensive sets. Amare is actually a much more effective pick n roll player than Chandler because he does have the ability to hit the jump shot. Also don't know where you're getting the "Amare's jump shot has fallen off" bit either, his J was very consistent the time he played.

    The fact is that this team went small all year and it worked during the regular season, but much like what sometimes happens in football, IND is just a bad match-up for a team that plays small ball. Just look at how well they're playing against the heat, also a small ball team. They cause these smaller teams fits because the wing players they have in George, Stephenson and Young are all very long and athletic enough to cause fits for smaller players. Getting Barg would not solve that match-up problem, but would exacerbate our rebounding and defense problems even more.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

  2. #4542
    All-Pro Carter.525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omaha!, NJ
    Posts
    8,975
    The Rockets are trying to trade Thomas Robinson in order to free up cap space to aid in their pursuit of Dwight Howard, league sources told Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski.
    The Rockets only acquired Robinson from the Kings at the trade deadline. According to Wojnarowski, the Rockets have told rival teams they'll accept the best offer possible for Robinson, which includes a trade exception, a draft pick or non-guaranteed contracts. If the Rockets move's Robinson's $3.2 million salary, they would be able to offer Howard a deal worth roughly $20.5 million annually, according to Wojnarowski. Robinson averaged 4.8 points and 4.5 rebounds in a combined 70 games after being the No. 5 overall pick in last year's draft.
    Related: Dwight Howard

    Source: Yahoo! Sports May 30 - 6:16 PM
    I was a big fan of Robinson at Kansas, this is the kind of young talent NY needs..

  3. #4543
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I was a big fan of Robinson at Kansas, this is the kind of young talent NY needs..
    Unfortunately we are unable to make a trade for him. Had we had some non guaranteed contracts like the 1's u get from 2nd round picks and draft picks we could

  4. #4544
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Unfortunately we are unable to make a trade for him. Had we had some non guaranteed contracts like the 1's u get from 2nd round picks and draft picks we could
    What about trading this years' 1st rounder? Would that be enough?
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

  5. #4545
    All-Pro Carter.525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omaha!, NJ
    Posts
    8,975
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    What about trading this years' 1st rounder? Would that be enough?
    Daryl Morey owns the Knicks.. I hate doing buisness with Houston, but this should be more than enough..

  6. #4546
    Saw this on another forum pretty damning

    We all know Lebron left Cleveland to get more scoring help so he doesn't have to should the whole load, and until this postseason he has.

    But Lebron's two partners have scored less than his two back in the year he left Cleveland(2010)

    Playoff stats(2010 and 2013):
    Mo Williams: 14.4 ppg
    Dwyane Wade: 13.6 ppg

    Antwawn Jamison: 15.3 ppg
    Chris Bosh: 12.5 ppg

    Obviously these don't tell a complete story, but pretty mindblowing

  7. #4547
    should have come to NY ya bish lebron. that 3 max plan was doomed from the beginning. if the heat lose you can guarantee they blow it up in the offseason. one of wade/bosh will get shipped out if not both.

    gotta give the pacers credit though. paul george and hibbert are gonna terrorize the east for years to come.

  8. #4548
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,803
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    IDK what you're talking about with this offense not using the pick-n-roll, that makes up a TON of our offensive sets. Amare is actually a much more effective pick n roll player than Chandler because he does have the ability to hit the jump shot. Also don't know where you're getting the "Amare's jump shot has fallen off" bit either, his J was very consistent the time he played.

    The fact is that this team went small all year and it worked during the regular season, but much like what sometimes happens in football, IND is just a bad match-up for a team that plays small ball. Just look at how well they're playing against the heat, also a small ball team. They cause these smaller teams fits because the wing players they have in George, Stephenson and Young are all very long and athletic enough to cause fits for smaller players. Getting Barg would not solve that match-up problem, but would exacerbate our rebounding and defense problems even more.
    We barley ever run pick and rolls, even when Amares on the court, since Melo got here. Ya, occasionaly we do , but its not a big part of our offense. Were a 3pt shooting team, and in the postseason, we were a halfcourt one on one team. Amares getting less and less explosive , and the more time he misses, the less accurate his jumper has become, and i doubt he's gonna get it back(explosion at least). He could be like Antonio McDyess, and simply be a decent role player, as the knee injuries took away his explosion, but Bargniai is younger, and has a better chance of regaining his touch then amare does his explosion. Amares not even a good rebounder anyways. Whats the diffrence between the 2, 1rpg or something?

  9. #4549
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,803
    Check out Tony Mitchell PF North Texas. The guy can offensive rebound, shoot outside shots(streaky), has big upside , can leap outta the building..etc Shump and Mitchell would be a exciting duo to have on the same team. Mitchells 235lbs at 6ft 9inch. He's a athletic load.

    I could see the knicks showing interest in Tony Mitchell.. He'd be a great rotation guy, with a chance to potentially start if he fulfills his upside.
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 06-03-2013 at 01:49 AM.

  10. #4550
    All-Pro Carter.525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omaha!, NJ
    Posts
    8,975
    Jason Kidd has retired from the NBA.
    Kidd's retirement doesn't come as a huge surprise after he said recently he was on the fence about returning, and after the up-and-down season he had with the Knicks, Kidd has decided to walk away. He'll finish his career as one of the best point guards to ever play the game, and the Knicks will enter the offseason shopping in the point guard market.
    Source: Ian Begley on Twitter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts