+ Reply to Thread
Page 460 of 491 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460461462470 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 4909
  1. #4591
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,246
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Knicks were in a position this year where any position selected would have filled a need. Glad they picked BPA, but it's going to be strange hearing the name Tim Hardaway amicably announced by Walczewski at the Garden. Some of the most heartbreaking games I've seen there came at the hands of his father.
    Ya, i like Hardaway because he has some "takeover" ability. We need that. It was a solid pick indeed and its a guy i could see be more then just a role player. Shump, Melo, and Hardaway Jr are a nice trio of scorers.

  2. #4592
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,246
    Any chance the knicks could afford Devin Harris or Jarrett Jack as backup PG's?

  3. #4593
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    U gotta make us a Tim Hardaway Jr tape my friend. Albeit, i think most of us have seen him a gazillion times, at least i have.
    Yeah I have a ton of Michigan on my Hard drive. I might do some CJ Leslie as well.

    Not crazy about Hardaway decent player but I think he is a 2nd round pick. Doesnt do anything particularity well or poorly. Positive is he is a 2 way player.He is kinda like Landry Fields that he gives u some scoring,,some rebounding,some play making but not a lot of any of it. Definition of average I think

  4. #4594
    This Net trade is crazy I wouldnt know how I would feel about it if I was a Net fan. They are basically going to have 1 season to win a title maybe 2 but after that the franchise will be totally screwed. That 2018 pick may be the #1 pick same with 2016. They have a legitimate chance to win but their future looks very very bleak no young players and no draft picks.

  5. #4595
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Yeah I have a ton of Michigan on my Hard drive. I might do some CJ Leslie as well.

    Not crazy about Hardaway decent player but I think he is a 2nd round pick. Doesnt do anything particularity well or poorly. Positive is he is a 2 way player.He is kinda like Landry Fields that he gives u some scoring,,some rebounding,some play making but not a lot of any of it. Definition of average I think
    He was the 2nd best player on a championship caliber club filled with good players, and a few NBA players.

    The thing is, hes not gonna be a star, but i could easily see him be a 15-17pt scorer who takes over at times. When he gets hot, he really gets hot. Hes got some consistency issues, no doubt, but he can guard on the peremiter with great length, is getting better at taking to the rim and finishing, and can get hot from 3 at any point. I like the way he fits the knicks.

  6. #4596
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    This Net trade is crazy I wouldnt know how I would feel about it if I was a Net fan. They are basically going to have 1 season to win a title maybe 2 but after that the franchise will be totally screwed. That 2018 pick may be the #1 pick same with 2016. They have a legitimate chance to win but their future looks very very bleak no young players and no draft picks.
    The problem is there gonna be good when were trying to be good.

  7. #4597
    When you're picking in the 20s, you're more likely to nab a role player more than anything. We could use a scorer from the guard positions and moreso one that can finish at the basket which I think Hardaway can do.

    Regarding the Nets, they now have a starting 5 where every player has been an all-star. I'm hoping that Kidd's infancy in coaching mitigates what years they do have.
    Last edited by penguinfarmer; 06-28-2013 at 10:18 PM.

  8. #4598
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,246
    I didn't realize the knicks picked up CJ Leslie as a undrafted free agent. That could end up being significant signing. They were really high on em,a nd if he returned, he could of been a lottery pick next yr. Hes got big upside, can rebound, and score. He also has alittle range on his jumper as well. He obviously can leap outta the building with uncanny athletic ability. The knicks would of drafted em in RD2 had they had a pick.

    He does need to pack on some weight though. BUt watch out for this kid!

  9. #4599
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I didn't realize the knicks picked up CJ Leslie as a undrafted free agent. That could end up being significant signing. They were really high on em,a nd if he returned, he could of been a lottery pick next yr. Hes got big upside, can rebound, and score. He also has alittle range on his jumper as well. He obviously can leap outta the building with uncanny athletic ability. The knicks would of drafted em in RD2 had they had a pick.

    He does need to pack on some weight though. BUt watch out for this kid!
    6'8" with a 7' 2" wingspan he might be a better prospect then Hardaway

  10. #4600
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    He was the 2nd best player on a championship caliber club filled with good players, and a few NBA players.

    The thing is, hes not gonna be a star, but i could easily see him be a 15-17pt scorer who takes over at times. When he gets hot, he really gets hot. Hes got some consistency issues, no doubt, but he can guard on the peremiter with great length, is getting better at taking to the rim and finishing, and can get hot from 3 at any point. I like the way he fits the knicks.
    Actually he doesnt have great length 6'6" SG with 6'6" arm length. When I watched him I never considered him a difference maker thats all. I dont think there is much upside in him

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts