+ Reply to Thread
Page 461 of 491 FirstFirst ... 361411451459460461462463471 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,610 of 4909
    i think the difference between hardaway and a guy like fields is mental and/or confidence. one of landry's biggest issues that i noticed is he is easily shaken and almost scared at times. i don't think that will be a problem for hardaway as he's one of those irrational confidence guys.

as far as the nets they made a trade that clearly improves them greatly for this next year or two. it's a big risk/gamble though because as redeye said they are essentially giving away their future for a chance to be a contender for these next couple years. with that said i think it's the type of move they needed to make. i doubt they would have been able to rebuild around d. will and blowpez properly regardless, especially with wallace's contract which they were able to get rid of in this deal.

it could go either way really. it could work out great and they could possibly end up with a legit chance at a title... or it could blow up in their face if the aging, oft-injured players they acquired end up not putting them over the top.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 06-29-2013 at 12:14 PM.

i think it's kinda cool that this will keep the rivalry with pierce/KG and the knicks alive. i would greatly enjoy us smashing those old farts again . rondo was the guy that really used to hurt us. pierce would make some big shots here and there but shump took his soul in the playoffs last year, straight locked him down just like he did to paul george.

Hearing reports that the Mavs and Knicks are looking at Rajon Rondo.

boston going full blow it up and tank mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Hearing reports that the Mavs and Knicks are looking at Rajon Rondo.
    Shump would have to be included

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Actually he doesnt have great length 6'6" SG with 6'6" arm length. When I watched him I never considered him a difference maker thats all. I dont think there is much upside in him
    Hes pretty lanky for a 2guard. Hes also a good defender. Hes taller then Ray Allen, whos a good sized 2guard. Hes also got room to add weight to his frame. I think once he adds a few lbs, he compares well to Joe Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    i think the difference between hardaway and a guy like fields is mental and/or confidence. one of landry's biggest issues that i noticed is he is easily shaken and almost scared at times. i don't think that will be a problem for hardaway as he's one of those irrational confidence guys.

as far as the nets they made a trade that clearly improves them greatly for this next year or two. it's a big risk/gamble though because as redeye said they are essentially giving away their future for a chance to be a contender for these next couple years. with that said i think it's the type of move they needed to make. i doubt they would have been able to rebuild around d. will and blowpez properly regardless, especially with wallace's contract which they were able to get rid of in this deal.

it could go either way really. it could work out great and they could possibly end up with a legit chance at a title... or it could blow up in their face if the aging, oft-injured players they acquired end up not putting them over the top.
    The diffrence between Fields and Hardaway Jr is Hardaway Jr is a pure shooter, and Fields has one of the uglier 3pt shots i've ever seen(even though he makes one from time to time), and Fields is a dreadful FT shooter. Fields is more of a driver then shooter, and Hardaway is completely the opposite. Hardaway is learning to drive more and more, but is mainly a shooter, ala JR Smith who on occasion slashes to the rim. I don't think they are comparable at all. Completely diffrent players.

Hardaway Jr is gonna have games where he takes over and gets hot just like JR Smith, and hes also no slouch on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    6'8" with a 7' 2" wingspan he might be a better prospect then Hardaway
    I'm certainly excited about em. The only thing is, he needs to play with consistent energy and add weight. If he does that, the kids got skys the limit potential.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    i think it's kinda cool that this will keep the rivalry with pierce/KG and the knicks alive. i would greatly enjoy us smashing those old farts again . rondo was the guy that really used to hurt us. pierce would make some big shots here and there but shump took his soul in the playoffs last year, straight locked him down just like he did to paul george.
    Pierce has been killing the knicks for a decade. Hes one of the biggest thorns in the knicks side since he joined the league. A brook lopez, kevin garnett, paul pierce, joe johnson, and deron williams starting 5 is freaking awesome. Lets be realistic here. The only good thing is the age, but the nets just went to game 7 with the bulls without KG and Pierce, adn those 2 make any club better(hate to say it).

for a decade? knicks have only been good for about 3 years now and i recall 1 game clinching shot in that time with several horrid performances from him. who cares what he did against us when we were terrible? like i said shump locked him down.

they went to game 7 against a severely depleted bulls team. as i recall deng didn't play, heinrich was hurt, rose obviously didn't play, noah was playing hurt etc etc. this trade obviously makes them better but i don't think it puts them over the top.

their entire starting 5 is incredibly injury prone. d. will has been often hurt since joining the nets. blowpez is consistently hurt. JJ, PP, and KG are all aging and breaking down. like i said it can work out well for them or potentially be a disaster.

the way i see it is the heat and bulls are the top dogs in the east. then you have the pacers, knicks and nets battling for 3-6.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 06-29-2013 at 06:00 PM.