+ Reply to Thread
Page 470 of 491 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 4909
    Glad to hear JR is back. I don't care how bad he played we still need him.

Im really not happy about the Knicks offseason they have manged to overpay on every single transaction which I guess is their thing. They resign Pablo but not for the vet min what he is worth but instead give him part of the LLE so no they cant resign Copeland. No 1 offered Prigs anything but multiple teams were after Copeland which tells me we signed the wrong player. I feel like the whole offseason could of played out much better.

People dont like the JR deal because they know the Knicks cant win and are looking hopefully towards 2015 and the Knicks are adding salary they dont want there
    JR pissed me off at the end of the season out partying getting drunk till 5:00 AM in the playoffs,Playing like crap. Hard for me to be happy thats the player we have to count on
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-04-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Im really not happy about the Knicks offseason they have manged to overpay on every single transaction which I guess is their thing. They resign Pablo but not for the vet min what he is worth but instead give him part of the LLE so no they cant resign Copeland. No 1 offered Prigs anything but multiple teams were after Copeland which tells me we signed the wrong player. I feel like the whole offseason could of played out much better.

People dont like the JR deal because they know the Knicks cant win and are looking hopefully towards 2015 and the Knicks are adding salary they dont want there
    pablo was a rookie last year and therefore not eligible for a vet min deal. i think i mentioned that in here already. cope is redundant and unnecessary now that we have bargs. we also would have likely had to use the entire mmle on him therefore not be able to sign anyone else with it.

i like pretty much every move so far. whether you think the knicks are good enough to win or not is irrelevant because we're all in for these next 2 years. no reason to sit around and wait for 2 years without making moves that make us better (adding bargs and keeping JR/pablo make us better than not doing so)

people hating on the resigning of JR has nothing to do with them thinking we're not good enough to win, they simply hate JR and think we'd be better off without him. which anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that is ridiculous. at worst he is a trade-able contract down the road.

i'd like you to post some examples of how the off season could have played out better. would you have preferred using the entire mmle on cope, let JR walk and not trade for bargs? we don't have our pick this year so there's no reason to tank at this point lol

maybe if they were more patient a good player would have settled for the mmle. i could agree with that i guess.

Im really not happy about the Knicks offseason they have manged to overpay on every single transaction which I guess is their thing. They resign Pablo but not for the vet min what he is worth but instead give him part of the LLE so no they cant resign Copeland. No 1 offered Prigs anything but multiple teams were after Copeland which tells me we signed the wrong player. I feel like the whole offseason could of played out much better. People dont like the JR deal because they know the Knicks cant win and are looking hopefully towards 2015 and the Knicks are adding salary they dont want thereJR pissed me off at the end of the season out partying getting drunk till 5:00 AM in the playoffs,Playing like crap. Hard for me to be happy thats the player we have to count on
    Right. I don't question J.R.'s athleticism and what he can bring to the table, I question his decision making on and off the court. If he can learn to play consistent, then we'll be okay.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    pablo was a rookie last year and therefore not eligible for a vet min deal. i think i mentioned that in here already. cope is redundant and unnecessary now that we have bargs. we also would have likely had to use the entire mmle on him therefore not be able to sign anyone else with it.

i like pretty much every move so far. whether you think the knicks are good enough to win or not is irrelevant because we're all in for these next 2 years. no reason to sit around and wait for 2 years without making moves that make us better (adding bargs and keeping JR/pablo make us better than not doing so)

people hating on the resigning of JR has nothing to do with them thinking we're not good enough to win, they simply hate JR and think we'd be better off without him. which anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that is ridiculous. at worst he is a trade-able contract down the road.

i'd like you to post some examples of how the off season could have played out better. would you have preferred using the entire mmle on cope, let JR walk and not trade for bargs? we don't have our pick this year so there's no reason to tank at this point lol

maybe if they were more patient a good player would have settled for the mmle. i could agree with that i guess.
    Hard to make examples because I dont know what teams are taking in trades I like to believe we could of used those 3 picks in separate transactions along with the non guaranteed contracts Novak Camby. Copeland is similar to Bargs at a fraction of the cost so I think already he is better value. I didnt mind Bargs as a player but overpaying for him like the Knicks did was flat out ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Right. I don't question J.R.'s athleticism and what he can bring to the table, I question his decision making on and off the court. If he can learn to play consistent, then we'll be okay.
    Thats never going to happen he is what he is. A streaky chucker that isnt a winner.

Hard to make examples because I dont know what teams are taking in trades I like to believe we could of used those 3 picks in separate transactions along with the non guaranteed contracts Novak Camby. Copeland is similar to Bargs at a fraction of the cost so I think already he is better value. I didnt mind Bargs as a player but overpaying for him like the Knicks did was flat out ridiculous.
    bargs is easily the best player with the most potential/upside they could have gotten with that trash package they sent out. the knicks didn't use the mmle on bargs so his value is irrelevant in comparison to cope, who we would have needed to use it on.

you think we overpaid for bargs? how so? he's clearly the best player in the deal and the 2nd round picks are essentially worthless. a late first round pick 2 years from now that the nuggets have the option to swap, for bargs. good deal if you ask me.

o and novak's contract is fully guaranteed. camby's contract is fully guaranteed this year and partially guaranteed next year. they are negative value players/contracts which is why we had to include the picks to get bargs.

it comes down to is cope worth more than bargs, plus the ability to retain pablo and possibly kmart/brand.

the answer is easily no. even straight up player to player it's no comparison, bargs > cope.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 07-04-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Thats never going to happen he is what he is. A streaky chucker that isnt a winner.
    Yeah, which is why I think 4 years is a lot for a streaky player.

4th year is a player option that he'll likely opt out. essentially it's a 3 year deal.

also he is streaky as a shooter, but his energy and effort was fairly consistent all year... whether that was because he was in a contract year is yet to be seen... but hopefully he continues to play hard for us. he offers more than just streaky shooting/scoring. he's an athletic rebounder and decent defender at his position.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 07-04-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    4th year is a player option that he'll likely opt out. essentially it's a 3 year deal.also he is streaky as a shooter, but his energy and effort was fairly consistent all year... whether that was because he was in a contract year is yet to be seen... but hopefully he continues to play hard for us. he offers more than just streaky shooting/scoring. he's an athletic rebounder and decent defender at his position.
    That is true, but that won't matter unless he matures.