+ Reply to Thread
Page 472 of 491 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 4909
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Why the Knicks are a complete fail as a franchise is moves like this. The Knicks get enamored with names rather then actual production on the court. What they dont even know and its sad is that if Chris Copeland got Bargs minutes he would put up the exact same if not better numbers then Bargs. Dont believe me check out the per 36's of both players. These r the types of moves that kill this franchise giving up 3 picks and paying 11 million for a player that does the same exact thing but was buried on the bench.
    Bargnani Best Season 36 21.6 ppg, 5.2rpg, 1.8 ast, .448 fg%, .345 3pt fg
    Copeland 36 20.3 ppg , 5.0 rpg,1.1 ast , .470fg% , .421 3pt%
    Agree 100%.

using per 36 to compare players is moronic. increased minutes almost always equates to decreased efficiency. especially when you consider bargs was always one of the focal points of the defense. where as copeland wasn't even on the scouting report and came in against other teams' benches. also like NYC pointed out it's comparable to a hitter or pitcher in baseball having 1 good season, the league hasn't adjusted to him yet. once teams pay attention to him and have his strengths/weaknesses on the scouting report his production will fall off.

i'm still baffled how people think turning trash into bargs is a bad move.

would you prefer the knicks stuck with novak and kept a pick 3 years from now that denver owns the rights to swap anyways? obviously you do because you don't believe this team will ever win and prefer to just blow it up now. that's fine and all but it's not the outlook of the front office and it shouldn't be.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 07-06-2013 at 06:15 PM.

in case you guys need to be reminded.., the knicks had their best and most successful season in over a decade last year.

but wait we didn't win a championship so we suck and should blow the team up and tank for wiggins (o wait we don't have our pick this year damn)

is it that hard to appreciate the fact the knicks are a pretty good team? people are in love with the idea of tanking as if it guarantees anything. the cavs got lebron and how did that work out for them? the bottom line is its very hard to win a title in the NBA. there are 29 disappointed teams at the end of every season. i'll be upset if the knicks don't win a title with this group but i'll be content with them at least being entertaining and a respectable team that i can be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    using per 36 to compare players is moronic. increased minutes almost always equates to decreased efficiency. especially when you consider bargs was always one of the focal points of the defense. where as copeland wasn't even on the scouting report and came in against other teams' benches. also like NYC pointed out it's comparable to a hitter or pitcher in baseball having 1 good season, the league hasn't adjusted to him yet. once teams pay attention to him and have his strengths/weaknesses on the scouting report his production will fall off.

i'm still baffled how people think turning trash into bargs is a bad move.

would you prefer the knicks stuck with novak and kept a pick 3 years from now that denver owns the rights to swap anyways? obviously you do because you don't believe this team will ever win and prefer to just blow it up now. that's fine and all but it's not the outlook of the front office and it shouldn't be.
    Copeland can put up the same stats as Bargs at a 1/4 of the price I stand by that. U watch him against 1 of the best defensive teams in the NBA the Pacers. 13 points in 19 minutes game 5, 9 points in 19 minutes game 6, same thing im talking about 20 points per 36 minutes.

the Knicks a re just a horribly run franchise .When multiple teams want to sign a player u sign him even if u dont want to keep him. They sign Prigs instead who not 1 team was interested in . His production u can get from a vet min.. COpe could of been flipped for a pick or a back up PG later. Why do the Knicks constantly obtain the players no 1 wants in trades and then over pays them on top of that. Then the players that have value they let walk. Its painful to watch

Copeland can put up the same stats as Bargs at a 1/4 of the price I stand by that. U watch him against 1 of the best defensive teams in the NBA the Pacers. 13 points in 19 minutes game 5, 9 points in 19 minutes game 6, same thing im talking about 20 points per 36 minutes.

the Knicks a re just a horribly run franchise .When multiple teams want to sign a player u sign him even if u dont want to keep him. They sign Prigs instead who not 1 team was interested in . His production u can get from a vet min.. COpe could of been flipped for a pick or a back up PG later. Why do the Knicks constantly obtain the players no 1 wants in trades and then over pays them on top of that. Then the players that have value they let walk. Its painful to watch
    the pacers had no idea who he was lol he wasn't even on the scouting report. you're buying into the hype based on a very small sample size.

pablo > cope

stats aren't eveything. pablo has a greater impact on the game than cope.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    the pacers had no idea who he was lol he wasn't even on the scouting report. you're buying into the hype based on a very small sample size.

pablo > cope

stats aren't eveything. pablo has a greater impact on the game than cope.
    I disagree big time on that and the lack of team interest in him around the NBA speaks how much he is valued.

Overpaid him 2

dude, have you forgotten Jerome James? I liked Cope and called him a player to watch out for during the preseason, but lets be real, hes a 29yr old guy going into his 2nd season. He shot the ball ridiculously well from 3. Did people really not notice this guy for all those yrs, or did he just have a flukey yr? Bargs at least is a proven scorer whos done it many yrs and hes not the man anymore either. He can play now, and not feel the franchise is on his shoulders. Bargs is gonna help bigtime, if healthy. I'm not so sure Cope is gonna be good at all. Hes gotta proove hes not a one time wonder.

Darren Collison signs in LA with the Clippers. Should of signed him. Would of been a perfect match up guard to play more minutes against quicker PG's

Darren Collison signs in LA with the Clippers. Should of signed him. Would of been a perfect match up guard to play more minutes against quicker PG's
    Clipps got him for cheap too
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

What kind of team does Mike Woodson want? It's just pass to Melo and hope for the best..we will never win like that.
    Uh..go Giants?