+ Reply to Thread
Page 473 of 491 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 4909

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

  1. #4721
    we added a 7 footer that can create his own shot. what did anyone realistically expect this offseason?

  2. #4722
    also there's a reason this will be collison's 4th team already in his short career. he's simply not that good.

  3. #4723
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    we added a 7 footer that can create his own shot. what did anyone realistically expect this offseason?
    I have no problem with Bargs the basketball player I thought the team needed Stretch 4's just dont like the value in trade. The Knicks didnt have to take the 1st deal they saw other Stretch 4's in the NBA. I'ts Frustrating how the Knicks do business and its going to stop them from ever winning anything. I feel they constantly give up 1 asset to much, go 1 year to long, 1 million to much ,They always overpay .It snowballs into other deals. Overpay Novak have to give extra picks to get rid of him.
    Knicks get caught up in names and not what a player can do.

  4. #4724
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I have no problem with Bargs the basketball player I thought the team needed Stretch 4's just dont like the value in trade. The Knicks didnt have to take the 1st deal they saw other Stretch 4's in the NBA. I'ts Frustrating how the Knicks do business and its going to stop them from ever winning anything. I feel they constantly give up 1 asset to much, go 1 year to long, 1 million to much ,They always overpay .It snowballs into other deals. Overpay Novak have to give extra picks to get rid of him.
    Knicks get caught up in names and not what a player can do.
    + 1 million

  5. #4725
    i don't think the knicks really overpaid for bargs though. maybe 1 2nd rounder too much.

    also if the knicks didn't overpay novak we wouldn't have been able to get bargs because the salaries wouldn't work. so in essence overpaying novak worked out in our favor.

    i'm gonna take a guess and assume you're one of those guys that thinks we overpaid in the melo trade too, which i also disagree with.

  6. #4726
    knicks' GMs have been poor in the past but i think grunwald has done a great job so far. especially when you consider the very limited assets he's had to work with and the team being over the cap since he got the job.

  7. #4727
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    i don't think the knicks really overpaid for bargs though. maybe 1 2nd rounder too much.

    also if the knicks didn't overpay novak we wouldn't have been able to get bargs because the salaries wouldn't work. so in essence overpaying novak worked out in our favor.

    i'm gonna take a guess and assume you're one of those guys that thinks we overpaid in the melo trade too, which i also disagree with.
    overpaying Novak an extra year did not help.If the contracts ran out the same time this is a different trade.
    I see the Knicks in better shape keeping Copeland and 3 Draft Picks over trading for Bargs. Now we have 1 draft pick left until 2017. So now if a trade comes a long with expiring contracts next year we have nothing to get it done with. U dont make trades like this if it doesnt give your team a legitimate chance to win a championship. I dont see the Knicks as any better but they pissed away 3 draft picks to be the same team. Why not be the same team and keep the picks. The Knicks have shown over the years to have no patience it cost them Chris Paul. Had they just let Billups deal run out instead of picking up his option then amnestying him "Worst move in the history of Bad moves" this team would be completely different. Grunwalds move with Chandler killed any flexibility left on the roster.Had we kept the amnesty we could amnesty Amare get under the apron which would allow us to do sign and trades and have the full MLE. Using the amnesty on Billups I think was the worst of the moves made

    We overpaid Mozgov in the Melo trade not the biggest deal but he is a capable back up Center.

  8. #4728
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Nah, I don't really follow basketball anymore. But I find Knick fans pretty annoying. Very similar to Ranger fans - a sense of self entitlement without winning anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Yeah a lot of us Knicks fans are like that,but we should be it's the Mecca of basketball.
    You mean when Clyde says that MSG is the "Worlds Most Famous Arena"? But as a casual NBA fan, I can't fathom cheering for a guy like Carmelo Anthony. The guy is such a wanker.

  9. #4729
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    overpaying Novak an extra year did not help.If the contracts ran out the same time this is a different trade.
    I see the Knicks in better shape keeping Copeland and 3 Draft Picks over trading for Bargs. Now we have 1 draft pick left until 2017. So now if a trade comes a long with expiring contracts next year we have nothing to get it done with. U dont make trades like this if it doesnt give your team a legitimate chance to win a championship. I dont see the Knicks as any better but they pissed away 3 draft picks to be the same team. Why not be the same team and keep the picks. The Knicks have shown over the years to have no patience it cost them Chris Paul. Had they just let Billups deal run out instead of picking up his option then amnestying him "Worst move in the history of Bad moves" this team would be completely different. Grunwalds move with Chandler killed any flexibility left on the roster.Had we kept the amnesty we could amnesty Amare get under the apron which would allow us to do sign and trades and have the full MLE. Using the amnesty on Billups I think was the worst of the moves made

    We overpaid Mozgov in the Melo trade not the biggest deal but he is a capable back up Center.
    knicks gave up on cp3 because we had nothing to get him after trading for melo. his agency (that also represents melo) let us know it wasn't gonna happen, so we moved on. in hindsight the lockout screwed us over because it gave the nuggets leverage in the trade. otherwise we could have got him for less or simply waited and got him in free agency.

    i do agree that amnestying billups was dumb though.

    i disagree that the knicks are the same team. i think they've improved by adding bargs (how much is yet to be seen).

    i read that baron davis is working on a comeback. him and pablo off the bench would be solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    You mean when Clyde says that MSG is the "Worlds Most Famous Arena"? But as a casual NBA fan, I can't fathom cheering for a guy like Carmelo Anthony. The guy is such a wanker.
    ny being the mecca of basketball isn't related to MSG. it's about the fact that it's playgrounds have produced so many great players throughout the years.

    and melo is a beast and easy to root for. nobody is perfect but the dude is arguably the most talented scorer in the league and a future hall of famer.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 07-08-2013 at 06:03 PM.

  10. #4730
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    knicks gave up on cp3 because we had nothing to get him after trading for melo. his agency (that also represents melo) let us know it wasn't gonna happen, so we moved on. in hindsight the lockout screwed us over because it gave the nuggets leverage in the trade. otherwise we could have got him for less or simply waited and got him in free agency.

    i do agree that amnestying billups was dumb though.

    i disagree that the knicks are the same team. i think they've improved by adding bargs (how much is yet to be seen).

    i read that baron davis is working on a comeback. him and pablo off the bench would be solid.


    ny being the mecca of basketball isn't related to MSG. it's about the fact that it's playgrounds have produced so many great players throughout the years.

    and melo is a beast and easy to root for. nobody is perfect but the dude is arguably the most talented scorer in the league and a future hall of famer.
    Davis doesnt cost the Knicks anything so I dont mind him trying to play but I dont see him playing for the Knicks this season. The Knicks are still in need of a Back up PG. 1 that can stay in front of quicker players.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts