+ Reply to Thread
Page 476 of 491 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 4909
    redeye is such a buzz kill lol.

you're enamored with the idea of "rebuilding" as if it guarantees you anything. the knicks could blow it up and rebuild for the next 5 years and end up in the same position they are now if not worse. the league is riddled with examples of teams that have been "rebuilding" for years with nothing to show for it.

the cavs drafted lebron and got nothing out of it.

it's not just you, a lot of people love the idea of having a team full of young, unproven draft picks because they represent possibility. with that said how many teams have won championships that built through the draft? the thunder hit on lotto pick after lotto pick and have nothing to show for it. they're capped out now just like we are.

the spurs are the only team i can think of that won championships by building through the draft and a lot of their success was because they in a sense got lucky by landing duncan, drafting parker late in the first and ginobli late in the second. i doubt their model of success will ever be repeated.

i view this knicks team as good enough to win a championship if a lot of things fall in place. if bargs and stat are both healthy and playing well for the playoffs, along with melo, jr, chandler, and the role players being healthy and playing well at the right time, along with maybe some luck as far as injuries to other teams.

i genuinely feel like we matched up better with the heat and spurs than the pacers last year.

if the knicks have a little luck and avoid some of the tougher stylistic matchups (bulls, indy) along with being healthy and playing well together at the right time, i think they can make a run and possibly win it all.

the only teams i'm willing to concede will have a better record than us in the east are the heat and the bulls... not even sure about the bulls either because it depends on how rose plays when he comes back.

my whole outlook is to simply enjoy the knicks for the fact that they are a competitive team. it wasn't that long ago we were a joke of a team that couldn't even go .500 in the east. if they don't win a chip with this core i won't be depressed about it. 2 years from now the team will have a lot of flexibility and options to rebuild through free agency.

i still see the future of the team with a positive outlook. we're in a lot better position than a lot of teams in the league.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 07-11-2013 at 05:31 PM.

artest has been officially waived via the amnesty clause. teams have 48 hours to put in a claim for him. if he clears waivers he'll be a knick.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    artest has been officially waived via the amnesty clause. teams have 48 hours to put in a claim for him. if he clears waivers he'll be a knick.
    you think he'll clear?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    you think he'll clear?
    someone will screw us over

knicks summer league is on MSG right now for anyone interested.

shumpgod is playing along with rookies hardaway jr and leslie

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    knicks summer league is on MSG right now for anyone interested.

shumpgod is playing along with rookies hardaway jr and leslie
    I just started watching 3rd qter. Just saw Leslie have a strong drive to hoop for 2.

Shump playing summer league ball is pretty cool.

i didn't know we had jeremy tyler on the summer league team. he was pretty hyped up as a high school prospect awhile back.

That Vargas was reminding me of Copeland out there..lol

Austin Rivers would be a awesome knick. I'd of loved to got him. He reminds me of Steph Curry a bit.

ellis got signed by the mavs. that's one less team that could claim artest.